• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Preferred Access points

junaella

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Villa Preferred Access membership from Villa Group. I know rookie mistake as I researched into the upside of buying resale TS. It's a lease TS til 2045, 1200 points. I have not yet made any bookings. Sadly after reading some unfortunate experiences of TS owners/members with Villa Group from tugs, tripadvisor, complaints board my buyer's remorse is ever worsening. I am fully aware that every TS buyer and experiences are unique. My main concern is I don't want to be all too in deep with my lease TS until I finally have to throw in the towel and be utterly stressed.

During the sales pitch, the sales rep told me that I can rent out my bookings to earn more money if I don't want to stay in Mexico and that is an investment. (possibly true?). I was promised 4 getaways with II every year. I still however have to see that into fruition should I start my booking. Then again I have came across some comments of members who have had difficulty in using II exchange since they have become VPA members. My sales rep even told me they will give me unlimited getaways with II if I pay the full deposit before Dec 30. However I declined the offer as unlimited was too good to be true. As well it was never disclosed to me that only 35% of total room inventory is allotted to TS owners, hence the difficulty of making reservations for most TS owners (that is a fact posted by the Developer Rep on complaints board.com). The word "owner and owning" was loosely used during the TS presentation and I have later learned that what I have is a vacation club membership and not a deed TS. Sales rep kept reiterating " and since you own a TS in one of the coveted property in the world, you have a really good trading power in exchanges in II (only to find out that II has a different trading standards). With all this information I have unearthed, I am most certain that the product was misrepresented and made a terrible mistake as uninformed buyer.

I apologize for this very long post. Would to express my thanks to anyone with information.

Junaella

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Villa Preferred Access membership from Villa Group.
How recent was your purchase? Are you within the five business-day rescission period allowed by Mexican law?

junaella

Reaction score
Hello Karen G,

Unfortunately I am way past the 5 day period that was never disclosed to me during the presentation. I only read that clause when I returned to Canada a week later. I got in touch with Visa and raised my concerns regarding misrepresentation. Visa informed me I can file a dispute for service not rendered should VG fail to accommodate any booking I may proceed with. But I would like to gather more valuable information that holds water to help me get out of this situation before I make that phone call to acquire booking with VG. I know now that I was left with little information especially with trading vacations with II. Visa as well informed me that what will be considered is the contract and the decision will be based on what is written. I have come across some posts wherein the buyers have gone to forcibly foreclosed themselves to get out the situation. But I don't want to visit that thought yet.

Thank you for responding!