• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PUEBLO BONITO MAZATLAN - you won't believe it

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
:(
I started another thread about PB Maz not having any availability for owners in Feb/Mar. This is unusual as I often make my reservations in November when the mf's are paid.

I have been in touch with the reservation clerk and have been told from Jan to April there is only 2 weeks available which are Jan 1-13. This is very unusual.

Last February they were empty, infact our friends who wanted to stay with us got a week for $98 a night!

I need contact numbers or emails so I can try to find out what is really going on. As an owner I am not going to give away my remaining 4 weeks to another resort. I bought PBM because we loved it.

Incidentally, all the hotel sites have plenty of room to book. They are all all inclusive now. :wall:

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
weeks

Well since 2017 is the last year for timeshare use, maybe they are trying to make as much money as they can by renting to the public the next two years.

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats the winning answer! RTU does not mean Right to use, as far as they are concerned.:(

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are they going to do, go rental or private whole ownership? Or sell new RTUs? Or some combination.

rpennisi

Reaction score
What are they going to do, go rental or private whole ownership? Or sell new RTUs? Or some combination.
We stayed there last January and owners were totally in the dark as to what would happen next. They were not happy campers.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
What to do, what to do

What ever brings in the most money the quickest.

kcirbodmot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here; I called in maybe July of last year (which was late for us; we have always booked about a year ahead when they would let us) and were told no Jr suites available when we wanted to go - which was the 2 weeks AFTER Carnaval. But if we would pay to upgrade, we could get a 1BR. We could smell a grande rat, but eventually decided to go for that rather than go somewhere else. An obvious squeeze on the owners if there ever was one.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
There is a Facebook page for PB Owners here. There have been many posts about owners not being able to book their weeks when they wanted to. Not good!!:annoyed:

Luis Avila

Reaction score
Availability

The main problem with the availability is that they prioritize their inventory into non member /regular travel agency reservations. Basically all they care about is selling all inclusive packages, ground transportation and hotel rooms to the general public. They need all the old owners to finish their old contracts so they don´t have to deal with them anymore. Honoring timeshare contractual reservactions don´t report any substantial revenue to them. They just want to fill more rooms with new customers who pay more for their rooms, have them buy a timeshare and then get them out of there as soon as posible. Then they start the cycle all over again. :)