• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HOw can I give back or get rid of my custom house week? [merged]

Reaction score
I called them Feb 7. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them? The charity giveback program makes you pay around 3000. thank you!

Reaction score
HOw can I give back or get rid of my custom house week?

I am not organized enough to correctly utilize the trading etc, my weeks expire with me never using them. ANy idea who i can give my unit in good standing to?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Have you tried calling the marriott Resale Department ? They might be buying units back as there are some resorts they are actively seeking. I see that they are selling them there, so most probably buying CH back as well. I am in the process of selling one of my marriott weeks to them and just got the paperwork.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you tried calling the marriott Resale Department ? They might be buying units back as there are some resorts they are actively seeking. I see that they are selling them there, so most probably buying CH back as well. I am in the process of selling one of my marriott weeks to them and just got the paperwork.

She did but she posted that info. in a separate thread, which I just merged.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I called them Feb 7. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them? The charity giveback program makes you pay around 3000. thank you!

She did but she posted that info. in a separate thread, which I just merged.

This doesn't sound like she called the resale department as it is not a charity program. I think she must have called somewhere else.

Their number is 1 866 389 1458

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My most idiot schmuck timeshare owning friend is thinking of paying $2500 times 2 for his 2 deeds to get Wyndham to take his deeds back ...

You know, the telephone call out of the blue, saying they can get Wyndham to take your deeded back for just $2500 each deed. :hysterical:

Sullco2

Reaction score
Details?

This info may be somewhere, but for the sake of efficiency, what Season do you want to get rid of?

Is is paid for? Are there maintenance fees outstanding?

I believe there could be a taker on these boards somewhere.

Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This info may be somewhere, but for the sake of efficiency, what Season do you want to get rid of?

Thanks

The OP should post it on the Bargain Deals forum - posting it here would violate the no-advertising rule.

Reaction score
everything is paid for

Thanks

no fees outstanding.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
If the call you made was to Marriott's Resales Operations office and they didn't want it, you really are only left with trying to sell it yourself through any of the established external resale markets, or, giving it away to someone who's willing to take over ownership and be responsible for the ongoing Maintenance Fees.

I'm confused, too, about whether or not you've actually spoken with Marriott because in that same post you mentioned something about a charity not wanting it? Just in case, this is the contact information for Resales Operations. This thread can be merged with the Marriott is BUYING BACK TIMESHARES thread if you go through that process.

BIGMAC1

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please do NOT advertise in the discussion forums!}

Last edited by a moderator: