• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does this seem like a good deal??? [Wyndham Points]

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add to my Wyndham pts and have an offer to buy 203000 odd yr. points (Myrtle Beach) for $650-including closing costs. MF's are right around $50/month. I've been checking ebay and see some auctions with free closing and others that aren't fetching much $$. Does the MF amount seem to be OK or is it too high. Right now I own 154K even yr. points and pay $31/month in MF's.

Thanks, Mark

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
markel,

We need more information to properly answer your question.

Exactly what Property Owner Association determines the maintenance fee at the resort you are considering? There are four different POAs at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard and different POAs for The Cottages, Seawatch Plantation, Westwinds and Towers on the Grove.

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pts. are deeded at Seawatch Plantation. I have historically deposited my pts. in RCI but like the fact that this is enough pts. for a 2BR during prime season if I chose to stay there. I'm not sure if there are any special assessments pending. I suppose I should check on that.

Thanks, Mark

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mark,

At Wyndham Seawatch Plantation, according to the sources available to me, their are at least three distinct and separate Property Owners Associations involved.

Seawatch Tower - North Tower which was completed March, 1999

Seawatch Plantation - Apparently the Villas which were completed between July 1996 and January 2001 consisting of Villa I (Building 0151 completed July, 1996), Villa II (Building 0153 completed August, 1997), and Villa III (Building 0156 completed January, 2001).

Seawatch Towers - Tower I completed November, 1997 and Tower II completed March 2000 together referred to as the South Towers)

The current "maintenance fees" for the UDI points in 2010 at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation should have been as follows:

Seawatch Tower - North Tower - $5.21 per thousand points
Seawatch Plantation ----------- $5.08 per thousand points
Seawatch Towers ------------- $5.10 per thousand points

If you add 203,000 points to the Wyndham points you already own I will presume that your total Wyndham points will be over 300,000.

With at least 300,000 points in your Wyndham portifolio your Club Wyndham Plus "program fee" should be as follows depending on whether or not you currently participate in the Club Wyndham Plus Partners Program:

If you participate in Club Wyndham Plus Partners the "program fee" should be 53 cents per thousand points in your portifolio.

If you DO NOT participate in Club Wyndham Plus Partners the "program fee" should be 51 cents per thousand points in your protifolio.

Allow me to suggest that you consider reading the newest Ten Part Series of Advice Articles which are posted at the Wyndham Forums.

Please allow me to recommend that you look over the WYNDHAM POINTS INTRODUCTION and as you review, scroll down the Introduction page and click-on each Advice Article that you think would be of help to you.

To find the Advice Articles where they are currently posted first go to the Sticky at the top of this the Wyndham Forums and click on: Advice Articles Worldmark & Wyndham (FairField) Then scroll down to and click-on the link to Wyndham Advice 10 part Series! New 10 part wyndham advice series!

Since you are currently a Wyndham points owner you can, if you choose, skip any Article that does not meet your current needs; but at some point you may find usefull information in some or all of the Articles as you continue to enjoy your current ownership.

Good Luck to you and your family as you look to increase your points ownership. Maybe we will meet sometime at one of the Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts that my wife, grand children and I visit every summer.

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave,

Thanks so much for the information. It's very detailed and very helpful. I can't think of a better resource than TUG when looking to by a timeshare.

Mark

At Wyndham Seawatch Plantation, according to the sources available to me, their are at least three distinct and separate Property Owners Associations involved.

Seawatch Tower - North Tower which was completed March, 1999

Seawatch Plantation - Apparently the Villas which were completed between July 1996 and January 2001 consisting of Villa I (Building 0151 completed July, 1996), Villa II (Building 0153 completed August, 1997), and Villa III (Building 0156 completed January, 2001).

Seawatch Towers - Tower I completed November, 1997 and Tower II completed March 2000 together referred to as the South Towers)

The current "maintenance fees" for the UDI points in 2010 at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation should have been as follows:

Seawatch Tower - North Tower - $5.21 per thousand points
Seawatch Plantation ----------- $5.08 per thousand points
Seawatch Towers ------------- $5.10 per thousand points

If you add 203,000 points to the Wyndham points you already own I will presume that your total Wyndham points will be over 300,000.

With at least 300,000 points in your Wyndham portifolio your Club Wyndham Plus "program fee" should be as follows depending on whether or not you currently participate in the Club Wyndham Plus Partners Program:

If you participate in Club Wyndham Plus Partners the "program fee" should be 53 cents per thousand points in your portifolio.

If you DO NOT participate in Club Wyndham Plus Partners the "program fee" should be 51 cents per thousand points in your protifolio.

Allow me to suggest that you consider reading the newest Ten Part Series of Advice Articles which are posted at the Wyndham Forums.

Please allow me to recommend that you look over the WYNDHAM POINTS INTRODUCTION and as you review, scroll down the Introduction page and click-on each Advice Article that you think would be of help to you.

To find the Advice Articles where they are currently posted first go to the Sticky at the top of this the Wyndham Forums and click on: Advice Articles Worldmark & Wyndham (FairField) Then scroll down to and click-on the link to Wyndham Advice 10 part Series! New 10 part wyndham advice series!

Since you are currently a Wyndham points owner you can, if you choose, skip any Article that does not meet your current needs; but at some point you may find usefull information in some or all of the Articles as you continue to enjoy your current ownership.

Good Luck to you and your family as you look to increase your points ownership. Maybe we will meet sometime at one of the Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts that my wife, grand children and I visit every summer.

Last edited by a moderator: