• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday is falling off the efficiency wagon...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently defended the delays in their more recent processes due to adding more technical steps but I have to retract my defense. I am not sure what is going on with their related closing company but it is not going well.

I had a recent purchase where the closing company waited 3 weeks before they submitted to ROFR. I chalked it up as a one off and didn't complain.

But now I just followed up on another purchase on whether it passed ROFR or not. I patiently waited a month before following up which I now realize was a mistake. They never even submitted it. After an inquiry to Sumday they forwarded the inquiry to GreatWay, their closing company. I then get an email from GreatWay asking for a signature so they can submit to ROFR. The email was as if the purchase occurred yesterday, except the PA is dated June 26. GreatWay knew about the purchase because they controlled the electronic signature documents.

I have let them know that from now on I will hound them regularly until I know the ball has moved forward. I never had to do that before.

Venting....

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the response I got when I asked why it took so long to even attempt to submit for ROFR.

I do apologize, but unfortunately, we have been extremely backed up. Please email me back the form and I will expedite this as quickly as possible.

If they can't hire enough people to keep up with the workload I suggest people look elsewhere for purchasing. Besides tying up funds being this backed up can lead to mistakes.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that things have changed with GreatWay handling the Sumday closings

I always had a quick turnaround on purchases previously. My last purchase took about three months before I saw the deed recorded on the County's website. During the process, I saw the timeshare that I had originally purchased off their website listed for sale on eBay. At that point, I was two months into the closing. I contacted Sumday and the auction was pulled. I have my deed and the transfer of ownership should be completed shortly.

I will still purchase from them even though there are longer closing times because, in the end, I know that they will come through or make things right.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
in the end, I know that they will come through or make things right.

In this I have full faith.

It was explained to me today that GreatWay is rapidly expanding to account for the increased workload. They are hiring and training. I am hoping these are growing pains and they will settle down.

I have done my own Marriott closings. It takes only a few minutes to email the necessary docs for ROFR. I am pretty sure they forgot about mine until I inquired because the PA for ROFR purposes has already been prepared and dated they just never asked for my sig or submitted it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I think it was me who complained a few weeks ago about the new process, which is taking forever (and the nepotism involved as well). I still don't have a deed. This will keep me from buying more from their company. It's been 3X longer than necessary and too many steps to get the closing finalized. I keep waiting and waiting.

I admit to being spoiled by LT Transfers when I sold my own properties I no longer wanted. I had my checks within days of the buyers sending them, and the deeds were out of my name very quickly.

Meanwhile, Brandon and Uri Fried recorded some other deeds (same county) in speedy-fast time. So impressed with the Frieds.

Okies

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I've had two purchases from Sumday in the past 4 months. While Josh at GreatWay got the closing completed in a timely manner, he sure had an attitude when I questioned something on an estoppel. Overall, the transactions went smooth enough that I would buy from them again.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had two purchases from Sumday in the past 4 months. While Josh at GreatWay got the closing completed in a timely manner, he sure had an attitude when I questioned something on an estoppel. Overall, the transactions went smooth enough that I would buy from them again.
Interesting. Josh has been more than helpful on my Wyndham transfer, even as I needed the deed paperwork to be sent to 5 buyers in 4 different cities. I did catch a typo in the contract number after it had been sent to Wyndham, but Josh was prompt in getting a deed correction recorded ASAP.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had what I consider a really weird issue with Josh and Greatway that I ended up shrugging at. I wouldn't have shrugged with any other seller. The docusign document was a disclosure and agreement that had terms but did not specify anything at all related to what the purchase was for. It simply said something like "whatever the Sumday listing said". I mentioned that I really did not like agreeing to something that does not state what I am actually agreeing to and his reply was "sorry, that's the way it is".

There have been subsequent purchases that did not follow this same process so I chalk it up to GreatWay growing pains.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had what I consider a really weird issue with Josh and Greatway that I ended up shrugging at. I wouldn't have shrugged with any other seller. The docusign document was a disclosure and agreement that had terms but did not specify anything at all related to what the purchase was for. It simply said something like "whatever the Sumday listing said". I mentioned that I really did not like agreeing to something that does not state what I am actually agreeing to and his reply was "sorry, that's the way it is".

There have been subsequent purchases that did not follow this same process so I chalk it up to GreatWay growing pains.

When I purchased through Sumday. There was absolutely no problems. The transaction went smoothly and within about a months time the resale transfer was complete.

I never signed any DocuSign document and was not provided one.

I was provided an estoppel and I was told my purchase from the Sumday website payment was my contract. All I provided them was my name, address, what type of arrangement I wanted and who I wanted on the deed. No photo id, no signature - nothing. It was too easy and very simple. Sumday electronically filed the deed to the county and submitted it to Wyndham with the transfer fee paid by the seller.

Wyndham accepted everything and the deed was transferred to me. I also hold other Wyndham deeds and provided my Wyndham account # so they could all be in one account.

There was no Greatway? Perhaps things have changed?

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I think it was me who complained a few weeks ago about the new process, which is taking forever (and the nepotism involved as well). I still don't have a deed. This will keep me from buying more from their company. It's been 3X longer than necessary and too many steps to get the closing finalized. I keep waiting and waiting.

I admit to being spoiled by LT Transfers when I sold my own properties I no longer wanted. I had my checks within days of the buyers sending them, and the deeds were out of my name very quickly.

Meanwhile, Brandon and Uri Fried recorded some other deeds (same county) in speedy-fast time. So impressed with the Frieds.

Do Brandon and Uri Fried sell timeshares and if sounder what name ?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
tttimeshares is one of the seller's names. I am pleased with my purchases from them overall. Others have had issues, but none of my perceived issues ever actually became problems. I think others had me paranoid.

Sumday still has not closed my two Sheraton purchases, and they are by FAR the oldest purchases I have that are not closed and transferred. UGH! It took Fried two weeks to get my weeks closed. It's been over 2 months for Sumday. I am hesitant to buy anything from them again.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greatway Services vs. Sumday Vacations

To all in this thread:

I haven't been on TUG recently....been busy. I am sorry for any complications that have occurred with Greatway's introduction into our closings and I thank those that continue to support Sumday.

As some of you may not know, in June of 2013 a law was ram-rodded through the legislature in Florida which requires many more hurdles to overcome when dealing with any transfer that is based in Florida(this includes company points programs headquartered there).

Due to that legislation it became necessary to open a title company for the closings that are affected by the new law. In Greatway's initial opening to more efficiently train the new staff, we were running all transactions through the title company. That overload forced them to learn but did slow down our process, it also became clear that many of our existing clients were confused by the new paperwork that was required. Now that it has been open for 8 months we feel we have it on the upswing and only select properties will be handled by the title company with the other sales being handled by Sumday Vacations with some additions to the paperwork (that we never used to do). Sumday Vacations has now expanded to a new 6,500 square foot office with new equipment and upgrades, we've also added a third more staff to accommodate the increase in business due to our compliant status with the legislation.

We have gone through a complete overhaul of all documents at Sumday and Greatway and are fully compliant with the new laws effecting the industry. Although there were growing pains during Greatway's opening in January and Sumday's move/expansion in June we are now in a better position than ever to accomodate your needs. So, if you did have a bad experience, give us another try and I'm sure you'll see the more efficient e-signing experience, trained staff, new location and new equipment have made a difference. I'm proud to say that we are now "better than ever".

As always, thank you for your business and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
tttimeshares is one of the seller's names. I am pleased with my purchases from them overall. Others have had issues, but none of my perceived issues ever actually became problems. I think others had me paranoid.

Sumday still has not closed my two Sheraton purchases, and they are by FAR the oldest purchases I have that are not closed and transferred. UGH! It took Fried two weeks to get my weeks closed. It's been over 2 months for Sumday. I am hesitant to buy anything from them again.

I feel your pain, I have been waiting since April to get my purchased closed out and deeded to me.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To all in this thread:

I haven't been on TUG recently....been busy. I am sorry for any complications that have occurred with Greatway's introduction into our closings and I thank those that continue to support Sumday.

As some of you may not know, in June of 2013 a law was ram-rodded through the legislature in Florida which requires many more hurdles to overcome when dealing with any transfer that is based in Florida(this includes company points programs headquartered there).

Due to that legislation it became necessary to open a title company for the closings that are affected by the new law. In Greatway's initial opening to more efficiently train the new staff, we were running all transactions through the title company. That overload forced them to learn but did slow down our process, it also became clear that many of our existing clients were confused by the new paperwork that was required. Now that it has been open for 8 months we feel we have it on the upswing and only select properties will be handled by the title company with the other sales being handled by Sumday Vacations with some additions to the paperwork (that we never used to do). Sumday Vacations has now expanded to a new 6,500 square foot office with new equipment and upgrades, we've also added a third more staff to accommodate the increase in business due to our compliant status with the legislation.

We have gone through a complete overhaul of all documents at Sumday and Greatway and are fully compliant with the new laws effecting the industry. Although there were growing pains during Greatway's opening in January and Sumday's move/expansion in June we are now in a better position than ever to accomodate your needs. So, if you did have a bad experience, give us another try and I'm sure you'll see the more efficient e-signing experience, trained staff, new location and new equipment have made a difference. I'm proud to say that we are now "better than ever".

As always, thank you for your business and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

Jeff,

I really appreciate you coming into this tread to explain the reason for the delays and your remedies to correct the situation…

thanks so much

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just completed a purchase from Sumday through Greatway. e-bay sale date of July 27, deed in hand (paper via snail mail) August 13th and resort has this as well on same day.

All I can say is that I was shocked at how easy it was and how fast it was completed based on my admittedly limited experience. Bravo :clap:

I have another in process and hope it goes through as easily.

I would recommend Sumday/Greatway for sure based on this.

Craig

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I just bought a unit through your web site and am surprised that things aren't moving as fast as with other eBay sellers I've dealt with.

I remembered this thread and I'm not upset or anything like that but with others, the purchase agreements were sent to me within minutes, not days.

I got an email yesterday evening saying I would hear from the doc company and Greatway in 24 business hrs. I am again surprised that I did not hear from them today.

I don't mind a few days delay buy hope you are right in that things will move along smoothly.

I will report in the future, either good or bad, I'm counting on good.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote the last post but I want to clear something up.

My friend and I have been looking for a certain unit for over a year and we saw one on eBay by SumDay and made them an offer on their site which they accepted. I then inquired about a mistake I saw in a similar listing for the same type unit. They responded quickly and the next day they lowered the price to what I wanted to pay I proceeded with the purchase through the web site. This was done after hours by a gentle man getting ready to leave for the day.

I got some preliminary questions to fill out the the next day, Thurs, after regular hours, I was told I'd be hearing from Docracy with the purchase agreement. It didn't come Friday but that email is sitting in my in box right now to open so all is well.

I got spoiled with a unit I bought last year that was signed, sealed, and delivered in 3 business day. That's unheard of I it's crazy to expect that so I apologize to Jeff and SumDay for sounding so negative.

I will report the outcome in a new thread when the time comes.