• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham/Worldmark Angels Camp

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to head to NorCal next year to explore gold country and possibly Yosemite with my 4th grader - Angels camp seems to be in the best location.

I'd be using RCI Points. What's the difference between the Wyndham and Worldmark at Angels Camp? They seem to be the same resort but have two different RCI resort ids. Are the rooms identical? The Worldmark appears to only have Sat checkins through RCI but requires fewer points while the Wyndham appears to only have Fri/Sun checkins and requires more points than Worldmark for the same weeks.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I'm looking to head to NorCal next year to explore gold country and possibly Yosemite with my 4th grader - Angels camp seems to be in the best location.

I'd be using RCI Points. What's the difference between the Wyndham and Worldmark at Angels Camp? They seem to be the same resort but have two different RCI resort ids. Are the rooms identical? The Worldmark appears to only have Sat checkins through RCI but requires fewer points while the Wyndham appears to only have Fri/Sun checkins and requires more points than Worldmark for the same weeks.

The differences are not huge. There are about 200 units, but only 46 are Wyndham. The Wyndham units have granite counter tops. The last time I was in a WorldMark unit, they didn't. Wyndham units have shampoo. WorldMark units don't. Wyndham units come with pop corn and coffee. WorldMark units come with an assortment of spices. The furnishings seemed a little more upscale in the Wyndham units. Wyndham units come with free WiFi although I don't know if that is true with an RCI exchange. I can't think of any other differences.

I've stayed at angels camp many times. lt is a nice resort in a beautiful area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The differences are not huge. There are about 200 units, but only 46 are Wyndham. The Wyndham units have granite counter tops. The last time I was in a WorldMark unit, they didn't. Wyndham units have shampoo. WorldMark units don't. Wyndham units come with pop corn and coffee. WorldMark units come with an assortment of spices. The furnishings seemed a little more upscale in the Wyndham units. Wyndham units come with free WiFi although I don't know if that is true with an RCI exchange. I can't think of any other differences.

I've stayed at angels camp many times. lt is a nice resort in a beautiful area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Worldmark is starting to provide shampoo

other differences are that worldmark has a noon check out, Wyndham is 10 am.. and as I recall the Wyndham buildings are the ones down the hill, further away from the pool

There are several other shared resorts under Wyndham management, Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach and Avenue Plaza in New Orleans are two other examples where you will see one resort property with two RCI numbers, one for Worldmark rooms and another for Club Wyndham

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of things about your possible Yosemite visit:
  • Although Angel's Camp is the closest Wyndham/Worldmark to Yosemite, it's not close. The drive to Yosemite Village in the heart of the valley is a little more than 2 hours -- each way.
  • There is lodging in Yosemite Valley -- several options ranging from very deluxe to tent cabins. You can book that lodging online one year + one day out, but you have to book it as soon as it opens up for your particular arrival date. If you wait even an hour, there will be nothing available at Yosemite Valley Lodge, which is the most popular venue.
  • I'm not sure whether this will be continued, but in celebration of the National Park Service's 100th Anniversary, they are giving free Annual Passes to Fourth Graders. This pass is an $80 value, and gets your entire family into any federal recreation land That includes all 411 NPS sites (national parks, monuments, seashores, battlefields, etc, etc), national forests, US Fish & Wildlife sites, and many others. It's over 1000 places nationwide.

If the 4th grade pass is offered again, it will be valid from date of issue until the end of August 2017. The current pass is still available, but it expires next month. There is an online signup procedure, and then you print out a voucher. You take that voucher to any National Park Service, National Forest, US Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Land Management, or Land Reclamation site and exchange the voucher for the actual pass.

The 4th grader must be present for the pass to be used -- you can't steal your kid's pass!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
  • Although Angel's Camp is the closest Wyndham/Worldmark to Yosemite, it's not close. The drive to Yosemite Village in the heart of the valley is a little more than 2 hours -- each way.

Actually, Worldmark Bass Lake is closer to Yosemite. It's a half hour to the south entrance of the park and 1.5 hours to the Valley while Angels Camp is more like 3 hours. If your focus is Yosemite, go for Bass Lake or staying in the park. Angels Camp is ok for a day trip, but doing that drive multiple days in a row gets really old really quickly.

Sue

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at WorldMark Bass Lake and thought it was convenient for Yosemite. It's closer than the one you are looking at and it is also in an area beautiful enough to enjoy without even going to Yosemite. It is one of my all time favorite timeshares and I am a timeshare snob.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • There is lodging in Yosemite Valley -- several options ranging from very deluxe to tent cabins. You can book that lodging online one year + one day out, but you have to book it as soon as it opens up for your particular arrival date. If you wait even an hour, there will be nothing available at Yosemite Valley Lodge, which is the most popular venue.
  • I'm not sure whether this will be continued, but in celebration of the National Park Service's 100th Anniversary, they are giving free Annual Passes to Fourth Graders. This pass is an $80 value, and gets your entire family into any federal recreation land That includes all 411 NPS sites (national parks, monuments, seashores, battlefields, etc, etc), national forests, US Fish & Wildlife sites, and many others. It's over 1000 places nationwide.

If the 4th grade pass is offered again, it will be valid from date of issue until the end of August 2017. The current pass is still available, but it expires next month. There is an online signup procedure, and then you print out a voucher. You take that voucher to any National Park Service, National Forest, US Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Land Management, or Land Reclamation site and exchange the voucher for the actual pass.

The 4th grader must be present for the pass to be used -- you can't steal your kid's pass!

Thank you for this! My youngest will be in 4th grade in September so we will totally be signing up for this.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this! My youngest will be in 4th grade in September so we will totally be signing up for this.
I'm not sure it will be offered again. I checked today and they didn't know.

However, it is an election year :eek:...not that the National Park Service could ever be involved in politics! :hysterical:

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. We're probably only going into Yosemite for one, maybe two days. We're also interested in Lake Melones, the gold country off Hwy 49 up to Placerville/Coloma, and perhaps taking in a couple wineries. I thought Angels Camp would be a good central location for all of that. Unless something else is better. Bass Lake is on my list for a future trip to that area.

So, based on what I've heard it probably won't make a difference whether we book Worldmark or Wyndham, we'll take whichever one fits our schedule best.