• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumdays Vacations

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello i have a situation with sumday Vacations i want if someone can explain to me if they or i am wrong,

i buy from them a week on paradise village, i read the complete add and there it say that what i pay there its all i need to pay, so now they are asking me to ship documents, notarize and send to usa im from mexico, last time i have buy with them and with other sellers this was no need because they send documents and all was pay for the company i buy.

they deny to split expenses on half and they only say NO.

then asked that if this not posible i will ask for refund and tells me that i have only 5 days to rescind:

"Unfortunately, pursuant to the purchase agreement you signed you have a 5 day cancellation period from the date that the agreement was signed. As this agreement was signed on August 12"

yes i signed that time but i send several emails asking about the expenses before the 5 days end and they no answer until now so i believe they are not acting right here

i tell them if on the ad was on write that some others fees my apply i will agree with that but as i have buy others timeshare and all that i pay since beginig its total so i was thinking this is the same deal.

so my complain also its that they dont even try to negotiate just easy say NO and no matter what, i tell them if they dont give refund will complain becuase i dont find it rght what they do. i read here that sumday are good company and also i know by fact that on the past they sell me a week from ebay and no expenses only the one that i pay on begining

sorry for my bad english

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello i have a situation with sumday Vacations i want if someone can explain to me if they or i am wrong,

i buy from them a week on paradise village, i read the complete add and there it say that what i pay there its all i need to pay, so now they are asking me to ship documents, notarize and send to usa im from mexico, last time i have buy with them and with other sellers this was no need because they send documents and all was pay for the company i buy.

they deny to split expenses on half and they only say NO.

then asked that if this not posible i will ask for refund and tells me that i have only 5 days to rescind:

"Unfortunately, pursuant to the purchase agreement you signed you have a 5 day cancellation period from the date that the agreement was signed. As this agreement was signed on August 12"

yes i signed that time but i send several emails asking about the expenses before the 5 days end and they no answer until now so i believe they are not acting right here

i tell them if on the ad was on write that some others fees my apply i will agree with that but as i have buy others timeshare and all that i pay since beginig its total so i was thinking this is the same deal.

so my complain also its that they dont even try to negotiate just easy say NO and no matter what, i tell them if they dont give refund will complain becuase i dont find it rght what they do. i read here that sumday are good company and also i know by fact that on the past they sell me a week from ebay and no expenses only the one that i pay on begining

sorry for my bad english

So to be clear, you are upset because they expect you to pay for notary and mailing expense of the documents?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
so now they are asking me to ship documents, notarize and send to usa im from mexico, last time i have buy with them and with other sellers this was no need because they send documents and all was pay for the company i buy.

I am not clear here - are you complaining about the cost of postage and notarization?

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes this are expensy fees here in mexico and it was not on my budget they charge 60 usd i ask them for 30, and the shiping by dhl or other cias its about 35 usd or more

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes this are expensy fees here in mexico and it was not on my budget they charge 60 usd i ask them for 30, and the shiping by dhl or other cias its about 35 usd or more

My personal opinion since this is what you asked for: You are getting a free timeshare contract and fighting over a minor expense. Buyers pay their own incidental fees in such transactions, including notary, postage, and the gas required to get to the notary public and post office.

Some Canadians have had to even travel to the US to notarize their deed signatures. My suggestion is that if you're happy with the timeshare you are getting, pay the $60 and stop worrying about small things.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Postage and notarization are normal fees that the buyer traditionally pays. I have acquired more than 15 timeshares on the resale market, and the seller has never reimbursed me for postage or notarization.

In the US - the cost would be less than $20 total for notarization and postage - it's not the sellers fault that you are outside the US.

If these fees are a hardship for you, how can you afford this timeshare?

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion since this is what you asked for: You are getting a free timeshare contract and fighting over a minor expense. Buyers pay their own incidental fees in such transactions, including notary, postage, and the gas required to get to the notary public and post office.

Some Canadians have had to even travel to the US to notarize their deed signatures. My suggestion is that if you're happy with the timeshare you are getting, pay the $60 and stop worrying about small things.

its not free i pay $ 950 usd

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
its not free i pay $ 950 usd

Okay, even still, your expenses in signing and returning documents shouldn't be paid by the seller. You asked if you are wrong; you are wrong.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Postage and notarization are normal fees that the buyer traditionally pays. I have acquired more than 15 timeshares on the resale market, and the seller has never reimbursed me for postage or notarization.

In the US - the cost would be less than $20 total for notarization and postage - it's not the sellers fault that you are outside the US.

If these fees are a hardship for you, how can you afford this timeshare?

i can afford and pay the main idea its that i pay $ 950 usd for it and they write its total what i need to pay, that its the idea.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, even still, your expenses in signing and returning documents shouldn't be paid by the seller. You asked if you are wrong; you are wrong.

so go for your discount :), first when you think was free i was thinking you may dont know now i tell you it cost me still same :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i can afford and pay the main idea its that i pay $ 950 usd for it and they write its total what i need to pay, that its the idea.

Their Ad was accurate - $950 is all you are paying them. You are not paying them for postage or notarization.

Your expectations are unrealistic - sellers don't pay for postage and notarization - that's on the buyer.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
so go for your discount :), first when you think was free i was thinking you may dont know now i tell you it cost me still same :)

I understand that you want someone to tell you that you are right and Sumday is wrong. I don't think anyone here is going to tell you that.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a normal sale. When you pay postage and notary, you do not pay the seller. You are paying other companies for their service. I've never had any seller disclose fees like that to me. Often, there are even more fees that were not disclosed during the sale, but they aren't the ones getting the money. They only get what the contract says they will get.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their Ad was accurate - $950 is all you are paying them. You are not paying them for postage or notarization.

Your expectations are unrealistic.

unrealistic? i believe maybe of your way to see it but as i see they can write and explain this before.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a normal sale. When you pay postage and notary, you do not pay the seller. You are paying other companies for their service. I've never had any seller disclose fees like that to me. Often, there are even more fees that were not disclosed during the sale, but they aren't the ones getting the money. They only get what the contract says they will get.

yes i know i dont complain about that its the way they answer what i really dont like, thanks i make an idea now, there its a lot of bargain timeshares that we can buy for 1 usd including all fees, and even with free use or something.

then i was on thinking if i pay $ 950 usd its all i pay like a VIP entrance you can get it cheaper and wait on the line or buy a VIP ticket and no line for you that what i try to explain here $ 950 total so total no need to pay more but i mistake them

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Pay it and be happy.:)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
unrealistic? i believe maybe of your way to see it but as i see they can write and explain this before.

1. In the US postage and notarization would be about $12.

2. The seller has no way of knowing where any potential buyer might be located or what the cost would be in their country.

3. This is the standard practice in the industry - I understand that you didn't know about it, but the seller is not at fault.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pay it and be happy.:)

im happy now :) they agree with me.

as i put here this was to know if im wrong or not i know i wrong on the fees but by mistake as i explain before (with tickets ) but as i put here i have buy from them before i only pay what i pay on ad and this was not on budget

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are going to pay for it, because it is such a minor amount that it isn't worth arguing over.

However, your assumptions are still incorrect.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. In the US postage and notarization would be about $12.

2. The seller has no way of knowing where any potential buyer might be located or what the cost would be in their country.

3. This is the standard practice in the industry - I understand that you didn't know about it, but the seller is not at fault.

yes i understand now thanks all!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your expectations are unrealistic - sellers don't pay for postage and notarization - that's on the buyer.

I agree completely. Sumday, a U.S. based timeshare reseller, cannot possibly know in advance (or be able to predict) the country of residency of any future buyer.
If a buyer is in the U.S., notarization can often be done for free at the buyer's local bank --- and USPS postage cost to mail pertinent documents would be minimal.
The fact that these particular costs are higher in another country is, with no disrespect intended, definitely not any U.S. seller's concern, problem or responsibility.

If $35 is a deal breaker, timeshare purchase may not be wise anyhow. Rest assured that annual maintenance fees are always going to be a whole lot more than that...

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a little like buying just about anything on a contract and paying for it on a credit card but then not wanting to pay the postage to send the original contract in. It doesn't really make much sense.

Sumday used to transfer timeshares on a whim based only on their online checkout system. It was pretty crazy but also very efficient. They took heat since the process is obviously not completely legal in most areas. Now they have a separate but related entity that handles the closing and they follow just about all the steps that you would perform when buying a house. It takes longer but it's better.

It's not my business but on your budget. If postage and notarization wasn't in your budget how are you going to handle the 2016 maintenance fee increase? Did you budget for a 10% increase? Or are you just buying to flip?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Speaking of extra costs...
What about the cost of transportation to accomplish those tasks?
Should not they pay for gas, depreciation of your vehicle or cost of a taxi?
That's an expense, right?

If you personally attended a closing where they had documents + notary: No cost.
It seems to me, these fees are generated by you for your convenience.

BTW, you might be able to visit a U.S. consulate for a notary.

jumpercat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just must add, I think Sumday is amazing. i have purchased a few from them and have found them to be extremely professional.