• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flybe & Air France

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Thinking of adding on 3 days in Paris using Icelandair before catching a cruise out of Southampton. We'd take advantage of the free stopover in Iceland enroute to CDG and then fly home from England on Icelandair using an open jaw routing.

Initially was thinking of taking the Eurostar from Gare du Nord to London St. Pancras, taxi to Waterloo Station and then catching a train to Southampton, but...

I found that we could fly from ORY to SOU for a savings in time & money. The pricing/scheduling for Flybe and France is "exactement le meme" comparing the Flybe upgrade fare to the classic Air France fare! What gives?

Booking via Air France seems to be the way to go since AF is part of the Star Alliance & we'd accrue miles on United. Can anyone explain the relationship between Flybe and Air France?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Flybe and Air France are partners, Flybe is a budget airline and has earned the nickname Flymaybe due to the temperamental departure times.

We've used them several times, when we booked a flight from Southampton to Orly we found the flight cheaper on the Air France site than the Flybe site and the plane was an Air France one.

Southampton airport is a small one and less likely to suffer from delays, my wife has been flying to it from Newcastle on Friday afternoons quite regularly and has yet to be delayed. I would certainly advocate a flight there above the train option however as Orly is a much busier airport there is more likelihood of a delay from that end.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
The Flybe upgrade fare may be equivalent to the classic Air france fare - I think AF classic includes checked baggage on domestic european flights.
AF is part of Skyteam (Delta) not Star Alliance.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flybe and Air France are partners, Flybe is a budget airline and has earned the nickname Flymaybe due to the temperamental departure times.

We've used them several times, when we booked a flight from Southampton to Orly we found the flight cheaper on the Air France site than the Flybe site and the plane was an Air France one.

Southampton airport is a small one and less likely to suffer from delays, my wife has been flying to it from Newcastle on Friday afternoons quite regularly and has yet to be delayed. I would certainly advocate a flight there above the train option however as Orly is a much busier airport there is more likelihood of a delay from that end.

Thanks for the first-hand information! There are 3 flights available ORY-SOU on the date we need, and we'd book the earliest, so hopefully it won't be too delayed. We flew from ORY once before on EasyJet, but it was a crack-of-dawn flight so there weren't any back-ups.

The Flybe upgrade fare may be equivalent to the classic Air france fare - I think AF classic includes checked baggage on domestic european flights.
AF is part of Skyteam (Delta) not Star Alliance.

I realized that yesterday when I returned to the AF site...should've worn my stronger readers to distinguish the logos. AA's One World is always easily recognized!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the first-hand information! There are 3 flights available ORY-SOU on the date we need, and we'd book the earliest, so hopefully it won't be too delayed. We flew from ORY once before on EasyJet, but it was a crack-of-dawn flight so there weren't any back-ups

Depending on your time of arrival the taxi from the airport to the docks should take on average 10 minutes. Rush hour can see bottlenecks around the junctions leading to the motorway but these tend to be worse from the direction of the airport in the evening rush hour. All in all though from my countless times of driving into Southampton using that junction in the morning rush hour I've never encountered anything truly bad.

Flying into Southampton to connect to a cruise really is the best option and it should be a seamless, hassle free journey.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Overnighting in Southampton

Depending on your time of arrival the taxi from the airport to the docks should take on average 10 minutes. Rush hour can see bottlenecks around the junctions leading to the motorway but these tend to be worse from the direction of the airport in the evening rush hour. All in all though from my countless times of driving into Southampton using that junction in the morning rush hour I've never encountered anything truly bad.

Flying into Southampton to connect to a cruise really is the best option and it should be a seamless, hassle free journey.

Hmmm...we have a reservation at the Premier Inn West Quay for the night before our cruise, but your post has me thinking about flying in the day we embark, which is a Saturday. But being the "nervous Nellie" that I am, I think we'll stick with arriving the day before, although we could take an early afternoon flight to give us a few more hours in Paris.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmm...we have a reservation at the Premier Inn West Quay for the night before our cruise, but your post has me thinking about flying in the day we embark, which is a Saturday. But being the "nervous Nellie" that I am, I think we'll stick with arriving the day before, although we could take an early afternoon flight to give us a few more hours in Paris.

There's nothing worse than having to worry about missing a connection so despite the chances of you missing the cruise being incredibly slim I would stick to your plan of arriving the day before if that's your plan. I would agree with an afternoon departure as Paris is infinitely more interesting than Southampton.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And cheap!

Coincidentally, I just saw this on facebook. I didn't understand your earlier reference about the stopover in Iceland, but now it's on my bucketlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8pDcvyDP1M#MyStopover

The equivalent of Business Class on Icelandair appears to be priced only a couple hundred more than economy seats on US airlines. We don't have a lengthy flight to Iceland from the eastern seaboard, so we could deal with cramped seats, but coming from Cali you definitely would want to consider that option.

Thanks for the link-Kat sure had a lot of adventures in her 48 hour stopover!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
The equivalent of Business Class on Icelandair appears to be priced only a couple hundred more than economy seats on US airlines. We don't have a lengthy flight to Iceland from the eastern seaboard, so we could deal with cramped seats, but coming from Cali you definitely would want to consider that option.

Thanks for the link-Kat sure had a lot of adventures in her 48 hour stopover!

Great information! I am definitely going to check that out. Thanks.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Air France still on strike and if so, does it look like they will settle soon?