• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mountain Estates at Smuggs

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I just booked an RCI extra vacation for my parents for Columbus Day week at Smuggs. 3BR sleeps 10 unit, so it should be nice!

It's the Mountain Estates portion of the resort....just checking to see if anyone knows which buildings this might be? I know Falcons is one, because I've stayed there under this resort ID before. Maybe Kestrels and Eagles as well?

Can't wait to see where they end up....we all love going there! :banana:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just booked an RCI extra vacation for my parents for Columbus Day week at Smuggs. 3BR sleeps 10 unit, so it should be nice!

It's the Mountain Estates portion of the resort....just checking to see if anyone knows which buildings this might be? I know Falcons is one, because I've stayed there under this resort ID before. Maybe Kestrels and Eagles as well?

Can't wait to see where they end up....we all love going there! :banana:

Exactly- Kestrels and Eagles are the other ones in addition to Falcons. Beautiful! RCI might be able to give you the actual building coed- but no matter what- those buildings are all top notch! Falcons is in West Hill and the other two are in North Hill, but they can take a shuttle or rent a golf cart, or just drive into the village if they want.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yippee!

I can't quite believe I scored that for Columbus Day...for less than $80 a night!....we'll be able to join them for the long weekend, which makes it perfect.

We stayed in Falcons for Veteran's Day weekend in 2013. It had a fireplace between the master bath and bedroom....every time I tried to use the bathroom, I'd look and there would be at least one little head peeking through the fireplace. :eek:I soon learned to lock the master bedroom door! Very, very nice, though. We've only seen the outside of Kestrels and Eagles, but they both seem great as well. Parents have only stayed in Tamaracks. We've done Balsams, Falcons, Oaks, Sycamore, and Mountain Laurel. The next weekend, they'll travel over to Cold Spring...they were able to trade into there with their Lake of the Ozarks week. (Yes, we are a timesharing family!)

The anticipation is half the fun. Looking forward to getting the confirmation from RCI with the building code on it...T-48 hours until that should come through!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I can't quite believe I scored that for Columbus Day...for less than $80 a night!....we'll be able to join them for the long weekend, which makes it perfect.

We stayed in Falcons for Veteran's Day weekend in 2013. It had a fireplace between the master bath and bedroom....every time I tried to use the bathroom, I'd look and there would be at least one little head peeking through the fireplace. :eek:I soon learned to lock the master bedroom door! Very, very nice, though. We've only seen the outside of Kestrels and Eagles, but they both seem great as well. Parents have only stayed in Tamaracks. We've done Balsams, Falcons, Oaks, Sycamore, and Mountain Laurel. The next weekend, they'll travel over to Cold Spring...they were able to trade into there with their Lake of the Ozarks week. (Yes, we are a timesharing family!)

The anticipation is half the fun. Looking forward to getting the confirmation from RCI with the building code on it...T-48 hours until that should come through!

That is a great score! Columbus Day is just about when the peak foliage starts to fade- by the end of the week the leaves will be "browner" but still beautiful. The week before Columbus Day is probably the best foliage wise, but Columbus Day weekend is great up there. Lot's going on in the area.

You have stayed in some great units! I wasn't aware that the Falcons fireplace is set up that way. Interesting!

That is great that your parents are also going to Cold Spring! LOL! This time- sharing stuff is fabulous, isn't it?! I am happily anticipating our first week off since the XMAS holidays Memorial Day week in North Conway (Home Away rental). In fact, haven't had one single day off from work since New Years Day and we need it bad!

Let us know what building they got! How's your Sumday resale purchase going?

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll post what building when the confirmation comes. Should be Friday at the latest. Excited to see where they will be!

Yes, we've stayed in some great places at Smuggs. We have always been there for April break week, with the exception of Veteran's Day weekend 2 years ago. My parents usually come in the fall....they've stayed there twice. We've never seen the resort at "peak activity level" but we've never been bored. We tend to make our own fun, though!

The Sumday purchase is coming along. We got the real estate tax paperwork in the mail this week to fill out/send back. So far, so good, I suppose.

Yes, timesharing is fun! It took some time to learn (I've been managing my parents' RCI account since I was in college...many, many moons ago!), but we've taken some great vacations. Of course, we're not trying to go to Hawaii or Disney, but still. Lots of hidden gems to discover!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
All sounds great! Glad your purchase is moving forward!

Yeah- you will have to try Smuggs in the summer if ever possible. Really awesome. You don't even have to ever leave the premises since so much goes on.. But, like you, when we go off- season we somehow find lots to do in the area anyway. Not to mention that we like doing nothing sometimes since we work so hard all year at our jobs and at home.

We've exchanged into Disney and into Hawaii and other wonderful places and it was great. But, we love going to our home resort at Smuggs and to New Hamsphire and have done so much in both states over the years and we never tire of it. We also like the fact that we don;t have to hassle with flying and car rentals- much less pressure to just throw our stuff in the car and drive north in a leisurely fashion. And less expensive!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woo-hoo! Fa5!

It's Falcons 5, which will be fabulous for my parents...entry level! They take the bloody kitchen sink when they travel (I take less with all 6 of us than they do with two!), and they are 83 and 77...stairs are an issue. So glad it's worked out perfectly. Bring on Columbus Day weekend!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Oh, that is perfect! Falcons, as you know, is very nice and having the ground floor is good for older folks. I think it is great they are still traveling. Great time to be at Smuggs- Columbus Day weekend!

I sometimes wonder how the heck we will get up the 3 flights of stairs to our units when we are older (in fact- even now!). We have our luggage (carry-on), 3 pre-packed boxes of supplies, many bags of groceries. Phew!