• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside - Giving deed back ? [Free Fixed week 35 - 2 bdm. L/O, 2015]

off and running

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm currently trying to sell or give away my Harborside TS, but no luck yet. Wanted to know if anyone has given the deed back to Harborside ? My unit is paid in full with 2014 maintenance ... Just an thought ...

Any other ideas to unload this T/S ??

Thanks

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Where have you tried so far?

I have sucessfully:

Deeded a unit back to a resort

Given one away on the "bargain deals" forum here on TUG

Got a taker for a free one on eBay classifieds

Found a taker on an online forum for owners at that resort.

You can also advertise for free in the TUG Classifieds if you are a member.

You could also try Craig's List and FreeCycle.

I got a lot of responses on FreeCycle but ended up deeding that unit back to the resort.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi all - I'm currently trying to sell or give away my Harborside TS, but no luck yet. Wanted to know if anyone has given the deed back to Harborside ? My unit is paid in full with 2014 maintenance ... Just an thought ...

Any other ideas to unload this T/S ??

Thanks

I am assuming you own in the season that is week 35-49? The other seasons should have at least enough value that you shouldn't have to pay more than the MF's to give away (even with the $2000 transfer/legal fee). With a summer week you shouldn't even get the MF's reimbursed at a minimum and it shouldn't cost you anything out of pocket to find a taker.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you give us some information about your unit ?

There could be takers here on TUG with a little more info.

Thank you.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Harborside has (some) value - even if it is a straight-up transfer. As you can't directly discuss selling your unit here (TUG rules) - change the discussion...
Ask instead what are your options for this TS, and supply more info as the value is dependent upon week and type (and options). The MFs are high, but popular resort. Many here can advise as they own HRA. TS value has many factors and likely depend on your specific situation (down to and including paying the transfer fees).

Last edited:

off and running

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harborside 2 -Bedroom Lock-off, Fixed week 35, MF $2800, 2014 Fees paid, no note on deed. 2014 week 35 already booked.

Thanks -

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Off and Running - I moved your post to the best forum on TUG to give it away. It will get more traffic here, and that is what this forum is designed for.

Please note: the OP will be using the 2014 week, so first usage is 2015. Still a good deal for someone who can use a fixed week 35.

Good luck! :hi:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
very confused since you claim to be giving it away...but in your ad you are asking $1000 for it.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off and Running - I moved your post to the best forum on TUG to give it away. It will get more traffic here, and that is what this forum is designed for.

Please note: the OP will be using the 2014 week, so first usage is 2015. Still a good deal for someone who can use a fixed week 35.

Good luck! :hi:

Yes, very generous and tempting................... somebody stop me, please.

off and running

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just updated my Ad on TUG Market, almost forgot I had it out there,,,

Please see ad for details..

Thanks -

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My just as a reference point: most 81,000 2 br lo silver season HRA season 35-46 go without any bids at a $1.00 when the new owner has to pay the legal/transfer fees and the first years MF's. Usually to get these to move the seller has to pay one or the other (or both). The legal/transfer fees are in the neighborhood of $2000. This being a fixed week 35 meaning the new owner won't have to worry about calling up first thing in order to get Labor day week might allow it to move without the owner having to pay out of pocket but maybe not.