• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Timeshare Giveaway rules!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The intent of this forum is for folks to have a place to list a timeshare they are trying to GIVE AWAY or otherwise dispose of, completely free of charge. no TUG membership is required, no fees to be paid...just list your timeshare here to be given away to a willing owner!

enjoy! :banana:

updated 2023:

-PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL THE DETAILS OF YOUR OWNERSHIP such as annual maintenance fees/due dates, points allottments, etc!

-All timeshares offered in this forum should be offered for free.

-You may ask the new owner to pay for the transfer fees.

-You may not ask the new owner to pay the maintenance fee for a usage year that you are going to keep.

-If you want to "sell" your timeshare, please use the TUG Marketplace, instead.

-Please do not post "want Ads" in the Bargain Deals Forum. This forum is for those wanting to give things away. Want Ads can be posted in the TUG Marketplace.

- Please don't post rentals in the Bargain Deals Forum - we already have other areas for rentals:

-TUG Timeshare Marketplace (any date - any price.)
-Last Minute Rentals ($115 per night or less - 45 days or less.)

Thanks,
DeniseM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be cool!

Brian,

I think this is a great idea. Can't wait to see what deals people post. I hope it's not abused much though. Would hate to lose something fun and useful like this due to a few knuckle heads. I think limiting it to TUG members will help.

Keep up the good work!

Janna

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Sounds like a great idea that could work very well. :clap: Here's to its success!! :cheer:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Brian,

I saw the title of your post and thought the subject was about smoking cigarettes, pipes and/or cigars ...

suggest considering a change in titles - e.g., Red Hot Deals

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well this forum has been hidden for awahile, so I figure ill give it a shot this week as something new.

Ive seen more and more threads regarding cheap or freebie timeshares or other bargains, and we are trying to allow this sort of topic to discuss, without violating the no advertising rule.

so for now, we are going to try this out and see if we can make it work. This will ONLY be temporary unless it works out. If it just turns into a nightmare for me to moderate, ill shut it off and we will go back to the way things were.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This will also serve as the place to ask "is this a good deal or not" for those of you who happen to be looking for items for sale or rent!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I find it extremely unlikely that the people posting these ads are pricing them that way to "lure" unsuspecting individuals to pay that much, vs just not actually realizing the actual value of a timeshare in the resale market.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love it--Way cool!!!-- Thanks Brian. ;)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
A thought: Since this forum pertains to "anything from Timeshares to taco toppings," should it be in the "Timesharing" part of the board? Perhaps it would be more at home next to the "TUG Lounge" section. ... Not that I have an oar in this boat.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the intention was for it to be "travel" type deals...but im not opposed to deals that anyone finds useful.

My goal was to provide more exposure for timeshares and such that people are truly looking to find a new home for...and not make any profit on. Ie just get out of their timeshare.

this is just a trial run...as many a person feels this will just end up being abused by people trying to post free ads and such vs putting them in the proper place on the marketplace.

id just like to see how it goes...sofar it's worked out really well!

dunnock

Reaction score
the intention was for it to be "travel" type deals...but im not opposed to deals that anyone finds useful.

My goal was to provide more exposure for timeshares and such that people are truly looking to find a new home for...and not make any profit on. Ie just get out of their timeshare.

this is just a trial run...as many a person feels this will just end up being abused by people trying to post free ads and such vs putting them in the proper place on the marketplace.

id just like to see how it goes...sofar it's worked out really well!

So where do we post our red hot deals? dunnock

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
please do not post "want" ads here, this is for people trying to give away deals...

we have a wish ad section for want ads. (as well as a last minute rental section)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please don't post rentals in the Bargain Deals Forum - Post Rentals in the Marketplace, or the Last Minute Rental Forum. Thanks! :hi:

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wrong place. Sorry.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
did this bargain deals move to a new location or did it sunset?

Bargain Deals is right where it always has been - this thread is a sticky at the top of that forum, and specifically, it is the "rules" thread for the forum.

Reaction score
"this thread is a sticky at the top of that forum, and specifically, it is the "rules" thread for the forum."

Ah yes, Kindly thank you. I got lost again and see now the menu PATH at the top of the page to help find my way...

Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting > Bargain Deals > Bargain Deals Forum Rules

cheers,

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dorisp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free timeshare

Is it better to list each timeshare separately of put them all in one thread?:shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is it better to list each timeshare separately of put them all in one thread?:shrug:

Yes - and put as many details in the title as possible, so people see it when browsing the forum.

mariruth234

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
How successful has anyone been in giving their timeshare actually "away"?

lrazor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradise Isle Resort
I was able to give away 3 weeks (wife and I are about to buy DVC so had to get rid of my others to justify new fees) in less than 19 minutes and closed and transferred in 2 days. It worked so good for me I've asked the resort (I still own there as I love it) if I could post some of the foreclosed units they have for free. Now don't get me wrong, I gave the guy incredible deal including transferring my RCI account that is prepaid through 2019 including the TPUs that the account contained (about 60) and I paid to do the transfer ($37) so it was great deal.