• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfers to and from the barcelona airport

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for Spain on Wednesday. We fly into the Barcelona airport and we are staying at the Renaissance hotel. Should we just cab it or should we arrange private transfers through the hotel? The hotel price is about $100 each way.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for Spain on Wednesday. We fly into the Barcelona airport and we are staying at the Renaissance hotel. Should we just cab it or should we arrange private transfers through the hotel? The hotel price is about $100 each way.

Take the Airporter bus to Plaza Catalonia for about 6 euros then a taxi from there. Even cheaper is the train to Sants Station, but with luggage is a PITA.

Jim

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim,
Thank you for the reply. When we fly out of Barcelona, our flight leaves at 7:25 am to Granada. Would a cab or the private transportation be better?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That early, I'd take a taxi. Traffic won't be an issue. You'll probably be going to terminal 1 which is a lot smaller than where your int'l flight will come into. Taxis there are metered and heavily regulated. It will be well below the hotel's private car rate.

Added: iirc, the taxi from near plaza Catalonia to terminal 2 was around €35.

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We took a taxi to the airport from our hotel and it was not very much. I think around 20 Euros.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
In 2012, our taxi from the Renaissance to the airport was about the equivalent of $60. The hotel called the taxi, so maybe it was more expensive than a passing taxi. We had an afternoon flight, so they gave us late check out, a wine, cheese and fruit plate when we arrived, and the breakfast buffet was great. We arrived by ferry from Rome, so we had a short arrival taxi ride, and thought the airport taxi a bit expensive for the distance. We were only there one night as we were heading for Mallorca and a week at Son Antem.

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently went to Barcelona for the first time - solo trip on a spur of the moment when I found a great airfare (less than $800) less than 2 weeks to departure, in late July and I used taxis to/from the airport. As a solo traveler, I thought the taxi cost was well worth it. I also stayed at the Marriott Renaissance…..enjoyed the hotel and the location. Loved Barcelona! Such an easy town to get around where you can get a T10 metro ticket (10 trips) that is reasonable and so flexible - can be used on the subway, the bus and the tram. Buy your T10 ticket at the convenience/tobacco shop across the street from the hotel…..the hotel concierge can point it out and explain it. In order to buy such a ticket at the metro station machines, you must have a chip and pin credit card, which I did not, so that's why I used the store across the street and just paid in euros. Easy to get around town……lots of good food. I enjoyed it so much that I think I'll go back again, solo or otherwise.

There is no need to arrange transfers through the hotel - a $100 is way too much & unnecessary. Right now I'm blanking out on the exact cost but thinking it was 30 or so euros. I know that I found out the taxi cost fairly easy on trip advisor right before I left. A very easy and well organized process at the airport. Just go outside and get in the taxi line. Just be sure to have the name of the hotel and address on a piece of paper to hand to the driver because many of the drivers don't speak any English.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here. We used the private driver from the airport to the hotel, but we will take a cab back. We fly to Granda on Monday.

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here. We used the private driver from the airport to the hotel, but we will take a cab back. We fly to Granda on Monday.

Hope you are enjoying Barcelona!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you are enjoying Barcelona!

We left Barcelona on Monday, the cab cost 45 euros, and we flew to Grenada. We spent the night in the Parador del Grenada. It was worth every penny. The hotel was spectacular! Back to Barcelona, it was beautiful and we loved the sightseeing. We thought the food there was mediocre. On Tuesday we drove from Grenada to the Marriott Marbella Beach Club. It is lovely. Today we went to Gibraltar tomorrow Rhonda, Saturday Cordoba, Sunday a day in the sun and then Monday we will drive to Madrid for our last 4 days!