• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Bluegreen points

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The body snatcher who was unlucky enough to get me for my parking pass had no idea you could buy timeshares on eBay and for a dollar no less.

She was surprised when she asked if she could have my cell number and I said "no." I told her I didn't want her bothering me and she understood.

Anyhow I see Bg points on eBay selling very cheaply and was just wondering what you can get with 7,000 or 10,000 points.

She was a babe so I'm going back there tomorrow to talk to her when I get some coffee from the office and just wanted to be a little prepared with some facts.

I'm staying at Boyne Mountain which is only 6 hrs. from home and if I can get the right price on the right amount of resale points, I may buy here.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
The body snatcher who was unlucky enough to get me for my parking pass had no idea you could buy timeshares on eBay and for a dollar no less.

She was surprised when she asked if she could have my cell number and I said "no." I told her I didn't want her bothering me and she understood.

Anyhow I see Bg points on eBay selling very cheaply and was just wondering what you can get with 7,000 or 10,000 points.

She was a babe so I'm going back there tomorrow to talk to her when I get some coffee from the office and just wanted to be a little prepared with some facts.

I'm staying at Boyne Mountain which is only 6 hrs. from home and if I can get the right price on the right amount of resale points, I may buy here.
When you buy resale points you only get bonus time where you are deeded.
Set up an eBay alert for Bluegreen points deeded at Boyne.
I hope she thinks you are a " Babe", too :hysterical:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both, the points chart really helps. I see it's 12,000 for the unit I'm in right now in the summer time.

My wife and I are in the lobby now but the body snatchers aren't here yet.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I almost bought Bluegreen points a number of times. I really think they do a
Good job keeping the resorts nice and maintenance fees under control.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on a few of their resorts also. Didn't Bluegreen get bought out by Diamond recently?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have my eye on a few of their resorts also. Didn't Bluegreen get bought out by Diamond recently?
No, they are still independent :)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both, the points chart really helps. I see it's 12,000 for the unit I'm in right now in the summer time.

My wife and I are in the lobby now but the body snatchers aren't here yet.

Just another reminder if you buy resale. Look for. Trust Fund E. The maint fee is base fee of $330 plus $0.0503 per point. For ownerships of more then 12,000 points, this is the most economical.

Here is a maint fee breakdown I had done for someone else just to give you an idea. It is cheaper to own MORE points, then less.

8,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 Club Fee + 8,000 x $0.0502 $401 = $861 $0.1077 per point
16,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 club fee + 16,000 x $0.0502 $802 = $1263 $0.0790 per point
24,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 Club fee + 24,000 x $0.0502 $1207 = $1666 $0.0694

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you again. I was about to chuck the whole idea thinking 12,000 points would cost around $1,200 in mfs according to some eBay auctions I was looking at but $1,700 for 24,000 points which would get me two summer weeks in this resort doesn't sound too bad.

I'm going to have to start studying the Bluegreen system a little closer now.

I had to have maintenance in because the refer was freezing things and the numbers are worn off the dial and I didn't want to make it colder.

In talking to the gentleman who came out he said that they are refurbishing the units and this section, the newest will be done in two years.

To me it doesn't need it but that's why they have a good reputation and the fees to own may be higher than some other places.

angelpropps

Reaction score
BG's More reasonable than some

We own two Hilton deeds we bought retail (I Know but it was before we knew about resale). I like Hilton's collection but I hate their high fees plus the cost of booking EVERY reservation.

Some BG resorts need updating and they seem to be working on that. There are a few that have so little info on them that when you get there you get a major shock to the system (Daytona Beach has some older resorts mixed in with nicer new ones but if you look at the points and decide, like I do, that I can handle an older room and a view that includes a large hunk of unattractive parking lot in order to squeeze in more vacation days elesewhere you have to know going in that less points equals older etc)

Mostly it's a better value for my money because ALL I have is the Mf's and I don't find them as high as our Hilton or Wyndham points.

Also, if you get a couple of resale BG packages you can also go to their 'approved dealer' and get a fairly cheap points package that will give you more benefits as well as being able to align all your fees etc.

We have managed to break our points up because we travel for business as well as pleasure and so we are actually saving money by using them--which helps us to cover the mf's. :banana:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We own two Hilton deeds we bought retail (I Know but it was before we knew about resale). I like Hilton's collection but I hate their high fees plus the cost of booking EVERY reservation.

Some BG resorts need updating and they seem to be working on that. There are a few that have so little info on them that when you get there you get a major shock to the system (Daytona Beach has some older resorts mixed in with nicer new ones but if you look at the points and decide, like I do, that I can handle an older room and a view that includes a large hunk of unattractive parking lot in order to squeeze in more vacation days elesewhere you have to know going in that less points equals older etc)

Mostly it's a better value for my money because ALL I have is the Mf's and I don't find them as high as our Hilton or Wyndham points.

Also, if you get a couple of resale BG packages you can also go to their 'approved dealer' and get a fairly cheap points package that will give you more benefits as well as being able to align all your fees etc.

We have managed to break our points up because we travel for business as well as pleasure and so we are actually saving money by using them--which helps us to cover the mf's. :banana:

Welcome to TUG and thank you for your views on BG.

I'm home from the resort now and have more time to further look into their system. I don't live too close to any of their resorts but Boyne is an easy one day drive for us.

I like that you pay one fee and it covers everything like ressie transactions and housekeeping.

This will take some time to digest and I appreciate everyone's input.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started looking into the system a couple of years ago. I really do like the Bluegreen points system. No booking fee or housekeeping fee and minimum of two days for reservation. There is only a cancellation fee if you cancel the reservation.

I started buying on places that I could travel to and yes on bonus time, Mountain Run at Boyne is one of them. (Took a while - about a year but have it in my portfolio)

We stayed at Mountain Run on weeks (through RCI trades) a few years ago and loved it for ski season, but ended in wasting the rest of the week (we only went up for the weekend).

Yes, do look at Trust Fund E if you plan on buying more than 12,000 points a year.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I started looking into the system a couple of years ago. I really do like the Bluegreen points system. No booking fee or housekeeping fee and minimum of two days for reservation. There is only a cancellation fee if you cancel the reservation.

I started buying on places that I could travel to and yes on bonus time, Mountain Run at Boyne is one of them. (Took a while - about a year but have it in my portfolio)

We stayed at Mountain Run on weeks (through RCI trades) a few years ago and loved it for ski season, but ended in wasting the rest of the week (we only went up for the weekend).

Yes, do look at Trust Fund E if you plan on buying more than 12,000 points a year.

There's one on eBay now with 30,000 points and free closing. If it was at Boyne I'd be studying my butt off right now. Of course I'd have to add in the cost of a divorce.:hysterical: She'd totally flip out at the $2,000 MFs even though I know that it would translate into a lot of vaca time.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
May and september are still really nice at Boyne and lower points. Bonus time is als more available so no mainteanc fees!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just another reminder if you buy resale. Look for. Trust Fund E. The maint fee is base fee of $330 plus $0.0503 per point. For ownerships of more then 12,000 points, this is the most economical.

Here is a maint fee breakdown I had done for someone else just to give you an idea. It is cheaper to own MORE points, then less.

8,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 Club Fee + 8,000 x $0.0502 $401 = $861 $0.1077 per point
16,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 club fee + 16,000 x $0.0502 $802 = $1263 $0.0790 per point
24,000 yearly = $330 base fee + 129 Club fee + 24,000 x $0.0502 $1207 = $1666 $0.0694

I get the price per point goes down per point with the more you own and that Trust Fund E is what I want when talking the number of points I'm interested it.

Does the sale type have anything to do with what I'll pay for MFs or anything else?

I've seen a couple adds that say sales type A and have run across type Y.