• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Route from PA to Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

jkb

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving next Sat, 9/6, for Cedar Lodge @ Brickyard Mt near Lake Winnipasaukee, NH. To avoid going near New York City, I had planned to go North on Rt 81 into New York state, then 88 East to Albany, then Rt 7 East to Rt 9 E thru Vermont into New Hampshire, & finally 93 North.

I got my TripTik from AAA yesterday and they have me going Route 84 from PA thru New York, Conneticut, Massachusettes, then East on 290, North on 495, then 3. This takes me much closer to New York City.

Can someone give me advice on which route to use? We will be coming home on Sun, 8/14. (UP on a Sat, BACK on a Sun) What kind of traffic should I expect on Rt 84 on a Sat and Sun?

Thanks.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We go to New Hampshire quite a bit from Hudson Valley NY as our son lives in Plymouth. We always try to avoid going via Lowell Mass or via Route 84 to Lowell to 84. We prefer the route you plan to take, except we get on 91 eventually because we travel to Lincoln.

Go the way you planned. The other routes are traffic nightmares. The route you chose is much more pleasant.

When we visit our son in Plymouth, we just take 91 and crossover the side roads from Orford, NH. We even avoid 93 that way.

Definitely stay off 84! Have a great trip!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Yes...I agree with mpumilia. Lowell is a nightmare if you hit the traffic during rush hour. We go home to Maine from PA that way, because it is quicker to the coast than going cross-country. (We'll be headed that way on Monday...we're in Columbus, OH tonight, working our way back east for the start of the school year!) If we were going to NH, and were on vacation no less....go the way you've laid out. Much more scenic and stress-free. I've got to look up that resort you'll be at. We've vacationed a ton in NH just a little north of where you'll be, and Winnipesaukee is one of our favorite day trips. Have fun and safe travels!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Actually- I think you might even find it better to take the NYS Thruway (depending on where in PA you are) to the Massachusettes Tpke East (fast) to 91 North. That is actually how we go. We skip going through Albany and 7 and 9 in Vermont. We like 91- quick and easy and scenic. Then, when you get off 91 (Exit 10) (I-89 S to 11) you can cut across New Hampshire to 93 and on to Laconia.