• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moon Palace??

htusa2002

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone been to the Moon palace-are beds hard like Mexican Beds?

Its a silver crown on RCI?

would Crown Paradise be better?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to Moon Palace twice, and really enjoyed it. We found the beds to be very comfortable - nothing like the rock-hard beds at Mayan Palace, for example. The resort is huge. The food options are terrific - you will not be able to try all of the different restaurants in just one week. I don't know what the food options are at the other resort you mentioned - we prefer AIs that have a lot of choices because limited options become tiresome after a few days.

I have always booked our stays through a Palace owner so am not as familiar with booking through RCI. If you book through RCI I think they give you the option of booking at one price with no resort credits, or for a higher price with resort credits. If you opt for the higher price and get the credits, you will be able to do things like swim with dolphins, massage treatments, ziplining, tours and more and pay only the Mexican govt's 16% tax on the value of the credits. (Example, swim with the dolpins was $129 in resort credits pp and taxeds about $21pp payable at check-out) If you just want to hang out at the resort and eat and drink and take advantage of on-site activities, then you don't need the credits.

As I mentioned, the resort is huge and there is always something to do there, and they have shows in the evening, activities throughout the day, free non-motorized water sports, etc. The beach is not that great - lots of seaweed at times, but they do make an effort to clean it up at least once a day. But if you are at Moon and want to experience a beautiful Cancun beach, they have free daily shuttles up to their sister resorts Sun and Beach Palace, where you can enjoy the beaches and all AI privileges as well.

Booking through a Palace member is the best way to go - I am not a member but I am sure there are some here on TUG. It costs a bit less usually to book through members since you don't have to pay any RCI fees or use any exchanges. But if you go through a member you can only book WITH resort credits. Members get extra privileges and by going as their guests you can enjoy them as well, such as a free mani/pedi and 25-min back massage, two free tours, and more. There's also a nice group on Facebook called Forum for Palace Resorts Members and Friends - you have to request to join, and when you are approved you can read all about the resorts and the site admins can hook you up with trusted members who you can book through.

I am surprised it's only a silver crown. We really, really enjoyed our stays there.

gerena

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Moon Palace right now

The beds are very comfortable. Rooms nice. We have stayed in the Grand, Sunrise, and Nizuc. The Grand has the nicest rooms, but no view and a little remote.
We have always traded through RCI, but this year our points were expiring with Diamond (from ILX) so booked with II. Now that we are here we find that The Palace resorts no longer trade with RCI, only II. This happened the first of the year. This is very disappointing as the trading power with RCI was better.

Wish I knew what happened.

It is definitely gold crown. But it is expensive. We have stayed there several times. Last week we stayed at the Blue Bay Esmeralda near Playa del Carmen. Very nice for half the price. They don't wait on you hand and foot, but you pay for that.

Don't be swayed by the value of the resort credits. Not all they are cracked up to be.

Last edited:

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't post a FB link in my previous post, but try this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PalaceForum/?fref=nf

If that doesn't work just go to Facebook and type in the name of the group as listed above.

Gerena, I'm also disappointed that the Palaces are no longer trading through RCI - we had put off booking through RCI due to the 1-in-4, but figured we do it someday....guess not! The Hard Rocks are still on RCI though.

gerena

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to stay at the Aventura Spa Palace when it was adults only. Then it changed to Spa and Cove. No problem though. Apparently the brothers separated it and it is not the Hard Rock. Haven't ventured to try it just because of the name! Also it takes so long to get there.

Sorry you missed the Moon Palace. It is great. But I don't want to waste my II points on it plus the AI fee. With RCI it was great.

It was sad leaving there this time knowing we probably wouldn't be back. Employees even recognized us from the Spa Palace years past and from the Moon, too. Nice touch.

There is a similar one we liked, too and much less expensive.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Could someone share what it costs approximately from a member ? Just trying to get an idea of whether is worth going here or just buy a package to Mexico at a different resort I see advertised by travel agents.