• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Pacifica Resort to consider?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, I did a thread search and my exact question was not answered.

Looking on RCI and wanting to go to Ixtapa/Zihuat. Club Intrawest or Worldmark would probably be first/second choice but as a backup looking at other ones to add to OGS.

There are several different Pacifica resorts listed, I assume they are all right next to each other or are in the same resort:
Pacifica Golf
Pacifica Spa
Pacifica Club
Pacifica Aqua
Pacifica Grand
Pacifica Sands
Pacifica Master Sands

My question is can someone rank these phases in order of niceness to less nice? I want the nicest one possible. I have looked at the AI fees for each and the most expensive one seems to be Grand or Aqua and Master Sands right behind that in price. Are those the three nicest? Also the beach access is reportedly by gondola, anything else I should know?

lauraleigh9mm

Reaction score
I would love if anyone has any thoughts about this as well. We are also considering between the resorts-

Chicopaige

Reaction score
Pacifica room choices

The best is Aqua
Master Sands would be next best ( 2bedroom)
Followed by Senior Sands (1 bedroom)
Next would be plain sands
Followed by spa and the worst would be club and golf
These are all located at the Ixtapa site- wonderful beach and lots of activities
The Grand is located in Zihuatanejo about 8 miles away rooms their are BEAUTIFUL, but it is somewhat isolated, not a lot going on, pretty small resort.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with chicopaige...

I own at Aqua and I highly recommend it. You can take gondola down to beach or shuttle.
Master and Senior Sands are nice also, except the open air living room one unless you are going in a cooler month.

Grand as stated is in Zihuatenejo, beautiful but too far out, for my liking.

Other than the Grand they are all same resort just different styles of units.

Enjoy...if I can help answer any other questions feel free to ask. :wave: