• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to this resort since the new renovations? What did you think? I've seen a few pictures on their web page but it's hard to tell, so I'd like to hear from someone who has actually been there? Thanks

SunLover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get your questions answered? I just returned from VDP and LOVED IT. Wrote a review - should be posted in TUG in next few days.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back a week ago. Loved the size and layout of the resort. I thought the Villa's were hideously decorated. Whitest walls I've ever seen with hot pink, neon yellow and bright blue accents. And the ugliest painting hanging on the wall. The paint accents clashed with the colors of the kitchen and bathroom tile. I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea. Not a comfortable villa in my opinion. However, that said...we didn't spend much time in the villa and enjoyed sitting on the balcony (we had 2) and watch the activities at the pool. The service was incredible. The pool waiters were awesome. The drinks were great! I don't know that I'd go back as I really didn't like the villa, but overall we had a fantastic week. The only other real complaint is the wifi. You had to pay for it. But I think that may be common in Mexico.

SunLover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Grief Lisa! Who cares what the decor is like?!? My opinion of "comfortable" would inlcude the bed - which was wonderful - the bath - which was fabulous...the entire resort is beautiful, location was great...close to transportation and activities.
Reality Check...You were on a vacation in Mexico! What's to complain about?!?

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just spent two weeks in Feb there. As owners who have gone there every year for the past 25 years, I totally agree with Lisa about the inside decorations. And we DO enjoy spending time in our unit, too! But those paintings are very unsettling to look at! I understand they were done by a very famous Mexican painter, but I can't stand to look at them! Gone are the peaceful, beautiful Mexican scenes and the beautiful painted pottery. I really missed them. I could live with the bright colors if they would just take the paintings down. O.K. now for the good! The front entrance is gorgeous with all those fountains. All the other outside renovations wonderful! Still have to fight for a pool chair tho. Just no resolution to that. The new beds are very nice and the new renovations in the bathrooms are wonderful. But, altho they ask us to hang up our towels if we will use them more than once (which we do), they STILL didn't give us any TOWEL RODS to hang them on. But we LOVE this place. It's our favorite place to go. We hope we can continue going back for many more years.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We just got back a week ago. Loved the size and layout of the resort. I thought the Villa's were hideously decorated. Whitest walls I've ever seen with hot pink, neon yellow and bright blue accents. And the ugliest painting hanging on the wall. The paint accents clashed with the colors of the kitchen and bathroom tile. I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea. Not a comfortable villa in my opinion. However, that said...we didn't spend much time in the villa and enjoyed sitting on the balcony (we had 2) and watch the activities at the pool. The service was incredible. The pool waiters were awesome. The drinks were great! I don't know that I'd go back as I really didn't like the villa, but overall we had a fantastic week. The only other real complaint is the wifi. You had to pay for it. But I think that may be common in Mexico.

I agree. We had the red painting of a lady with blood dripping out of her eyes that we placed into the closet in the living room. We had a painting of some other creepy blue dealio in the bedroom. The lighting seemed to really give the walls and fixtures an odd glow. To us, the decor was repulsive.

We had free wifi but it was confusing as we had to pick a plan that was comped at check out. This is what they did at Flamingos as well.

Everything else was as good or better than before, imo.

Bill

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Grief Lisa! Who cares what the decor is like?!? My opinion of "comfortable" would inlcude the bed - which was wonderful - the bath - which was fabulous...the entire resort is beautiful, location was great...close to transportation and activities.

Well, considering the OP asked what anyone thought of the renovation...I answered with my opinion. I clearly commented on the positive parts of the resort. And quite frankly, yes...I do care what the interior of a villa looks like. Maybe you don't and that's great. The villa's were awful.

I certainly don't need a reality check. I am well aware I was on vacation and thought I presented both the positives and the negatives of the resort. That's called a review.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the look and feel of the inside of the villas is definitely part of the enjoyment of my vacation. And I am disappointed with the inside of VDP.

SunLover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I guess we didn't have the same pictures in our unit. Suffice to say that it is possible they have made changes due to feedback. We certainly did not have a picture of a lady w/blood coming out of her eyes!

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we DID have the picture of the lady with blood coming out of her eyes! Very uncomfortable to look at! Perhaps you didn't get one of the "upgraded" units. Did yours have all the very bright colors?

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree with Lisa. You have to "live" in a unit for a week and if the "decor" is unpleasant... it decreases your overall satisfaction. Look at it this way.... it "motivates" you to go "outside" ! !

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent three weeks at VDP this past Feb/Mar. We had a picture of Frida Kahlo in the living area. However it was a fairly normal picture considering the subject. Now we didn't need to remove it to the closet however I did wish we could have moved the wall colors to the closet. I actually spoke to one of the managers about the colors and she said it was supposed to be Mexican colors. I actually thought they were much more like South Beach colors of Miami. Anyway I'm happy it was painted and I can always wear sunglasses inside.:rofl:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I just received the newsletter showing the paint colors. It seems they are really proud of it. I agree that the colors look more South Beach than Mexico. Those colors with the white lighting making everything kind of pop is just odd.

https://myuvciblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/vdpvallarta-renovation/

Thanks for knowing the artist A.T. This was the Frida print in our room although ours was hot pink and black which looks worse than this print.

http://natmir.deviantart.com/art/Frida-Kahlo-352930715

Bill