• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Timeshare Broker and TimeshareClosing Services - Legit?

kenai

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am brand new to this site and couldn't find a "Search" area to type in the names of these businesses to research.

I Google'd a resort in So Cal we are interested in purchasing a timeshare at and found a couple places at one resort under "Selllmytimesharenow.com

Has anybody worked with these folks? The person responding was from Timeshare Broker Services (TBS) Has anybody has any issues with this company or the broker they use below?

Below are the costs for closing they sent me for a $3400 selling price. Do these sound reasonable?

I saw the same TCS being used by a person on EBAY with much lower costs, but the person on EBAY stated they didn't know their license or brokers license number.

Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure these guys are legit and fair to deal with.

Thanks.

Closing costs
$650 – Closing costs (Timeshare Closing Services – TCS)
$299 – Resort transfer fee
$195 – Administrative expense (Timeshare Broker Services – TBS)
$1144 – Total for closing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not pay more than $200 for closing + the resort transfer fee (if there really is one.) Is this a Wyndham resort? They do have a $299 resort transfer fee, but most resorts don't.

There are lots of good places to buy a timeshare including the TUG Marketplace, ebay, and www.redweek.com.

I recommend that you do a lot of research, and hang out with us and ask questions, before jumping into a purchase.

If you like, you can post all the particulars of this particular timeshare Ad. right here, and you will get expert opinions on the resort, the price, and the closing costs.

kenai

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise.

Yes Wyndham. Dolphin's cove in Anaheim. Here is the add I'm talking about.

I've already been transferred to a second salesman. Timing is just bad with being so busy at work, so I can't reply to them very often. The second person sent me an email stating they are moving me to the inactive list.

I'm serious about purchasing a place here since we visit Disneyland every year and liked this place.

I did look on EBAY, but the seller "timesharepro1" is the one who stated he was a broker and didn't have a license number. I then asked him if he had a broker's licensee and he never responded. He also stated he doesn't leave feedback until you do as the buyer which didn't give me a lot of confidence either. Don't care about my rating as it's good and I pay the same day I buy something. He seemed very sketchy.

Return to Search » Ad #f67031612009

SALE PRICE $3,397.00
Wyndham Dolphin's Cove Resort
Overview Property Details Resort Description Map Amenities

Click Here To View Larger ImageClick Here To View Larger ImageClick Here To View Larger ImageClick Here To View Larger Image
SALE PRICE $3,397.00

Week: Floating

3 Bedrooms

2 Baths

Sleeps Varies

Wyndham Dolphin's Cove Resort
465 W. Orangewood Ave.
Anaheim, United States

Property Details
Ownership: Deeded
Usage Type: Annual
Maintenance Fees: 196
Affilliation: RCI
Resort Code: 8758
Season: Not Specified
View: Not Specified
Unit: Deeded as 3 bedroom Unit/High Season
Resort Description
The *Dolphin's Cove* is just minutes from the Disneyland Resort, nearby shops, restaurants and the Angel Stadium of Anaheim. For evening fun, visit the Downtown Disney District, with themed dining such as the ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe, family-oriented activities and the 40,000-square-foot World of Disney store. And a day at the beach is just 14 miles away! Enjoy the comforts of home while you visit this magical Southern California oasis of family entertainment!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't know if you need a 3 bedroom, but this seller (a TUG member and well regarded) has a 2 bedroom for less than $700, including all fees. If this isn't what you want, ask them if they can find you what you're after. You may well be surprised.

http://sumdayvacations.com/products.php?cat=263

Good luck!
Dave

kenai

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll contact them. 3 bedroom yearly is what I'm looking for. His is 2 bedroom every even numbered year.

Thanks again for the info. So much on this site to read and valuable that I'm going to join to show the appreciation.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did look on EBAY, but the seller "timesharepro1" is the one who stated he was a broker and didn't have a license number. I then asked him if he had a broker's licensee and he never responded. He also stated he doesn't leave feedback until you do as the buyer which didn't give me a lot of confidence either. Don't care about my rating as it's good and I pay the same day I buy something. He seemed very sketchy.

Timesharepro1 is one of several screen names currently or formerly used by a fellow located in Bozeman, Montana whose name is John Kushman.
Kushman is currently or formerly associated with several different entities; among them GO Properties, J&J Timeshares, Resort Closings, Inc. and Donate for a Cause.

Personally, I have no use for John Kushman (or for his affiliate James Tarpey, an attorney who owns DFAC), but you'll find numerous others here on TUG who have (...unlike me) had good experiences with him and will sing Kushman's praises. I am not one of those people, but neither would I ever label him as "very sketchy".

Timeshare Closing Services (TCS) is, afaik, a long established closing entity (...mostly handling eBay PCC resales), located in Orlando, FL.
I've never had occasion to use them but many others on this site have done so; TCS seems to get the job done. Bear in mind that in many (...most, actually) eBay timeshare transactions involving PCC's, you really have no say or choice anyhow on the closing entity which the PCC unilaterally identifies and mandates.

P.S. IMnsHO, there is certainly no particular magic intrinsically associated with a "broker's license" being involved in a resale timeshare transaction. In fact, I dare say that in the vast majority of resale timeshare transactions, there is no licensed broker involvement whatsoever. There are numerous entities (...who, unlike a broker, are not collecting a commission from the sale) who can and do routinely and competently handle the relatively simple and straightforward details of a timeshare transfer, including escrow of funds, deed prep and recording, etc. With all due respect, don't be too fixated on (or overly impressed by) "licensed broker" involvement.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The blue bar near the top of this page is where you'll find the TUG "search" function. Give it a try.

I would not limit myself to $200 for closing services. It it's the resort you want and the total cost to you is what you're willing to pay then there is no problem.

Those prices are higher than normal but if you search and search without success for the unit you want, are you going to let a few hundred dollars stand in your way of getting it?

There are two 3Br units for sale at that resort on RedWeek right now. One for $3,000 and one for $6,000. You need to be registered to see the ads and must be a paying member to view the ads. Cost to join is around $15.

Where ever you look, make sure you know the season you are buying. Just saying red season or high season isn't enough. Know exactly what you are entitled to.

And don't forget, asking prices are just that, offer what you are willing to pay "all in."

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am brand new to this site and couldn't find a "Search" area to type in the names of these businesses to research.

I Google'd a resort in So Cal we are interested in purchasing a timeshare at and found a couple places at one resort under "Selllmytimesharenow.com

Has anybody worked with these folks? The person responding was from Timeshare Broker Services (TBS) Has anybody has any issues with this company or the broker they use below?

Below are the costs for closing they sent me for a $3400 selling price. Do these sound reasonable?

I saw the same TCS being used by a person on EBAY with much lower costs, but the person on EBAY stated they didn't know their license or brokers license number.

Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure these guys are legit and fair to deal with.

Thanks.

Closing costs
$650 – Closing costs (Timeshare Closing Services – TCS)
$299 – Resort transfer fee
$195 – Administrative expense (Timeshare Broker Services – TBS)
$1144 – Total for closing

I just bought a Harborside week from the same broker (not through eBay). They required the use of TCS and charged nearly double the usual (expensive) Bahamian closing costs. I suspect that this brokerage gets some kind of kickback from TCS and that's one of the ways they make money on the transaction. TCS has closed other Harborside weeks for me from a different broker for MUCH less. Anyway, I just lowered my offer so that the total out of pocket cost would be the same to me as if the closings cost were inline with my previous purchases. I guess the seller will end up bearing the cost difference.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What did you decide on?

Please note that you are responding to a post that is 6 mos. old. When you use the search function, it can go clear back to 2005, so you want to check the date on the posts you are pulling up.