• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paid My Annual Fees, But Denied Usage of My Timeshare

VivianLynne

Reaction score
I think that mblosser should use some of the money from all those exchanges he got which he posted to RENT on the LMR thread over the years ... to pay his MFs.

Yes, he admitted in a thread it was an exchange he was renting ... plus he would have to have owned WAY MORE resorts than he has implied in this thread. Just go look at other POSTS listed under his userid...

I did.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's defeatist! I don't agree at all that they can do whatever they want with no regard to the legalities. I do agree that it could be an uphill climb if you have to force them to comply with the legalities, but, "there will not be much you can do about it," isn't correct at all.

Not totally defeatist. I just believe in picking fights that are most meaningful to me and where I have a good chance of winning.

George

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yessa!

You don't have a leg to stand on (figuratively), if there's a clause in the Timeshare Covenants, Articles of Association, Bylaws or Rules or some such governing document which says they can freeze you out of any use for any delinquency, and thus deny you right to cherry pick those units you want and those you don't.

IOW, if their delinquency clause says something like, "If a owner/member is delinquent in the payment of any fee due, the owner/member may be denied the use of their [account][benefits]," you're sunk. But if it says, "... use of the unit for which the fee is due," you have a valid beef.

This says it all, concisely and accurately. Vague, philosophical references within this thread to "basic contract law" and / or "fairness" or fuzzy reference to "legalities" are irrelevant and meaningless if the consequences of delinquency are actually already spelled out in writing in clear and specific detail within governing documents.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I think that mblosser should use some of the money from all those exchanges he got which he posted to RENT on the LMR thread over the years ... to pay his MFs.

Yes, he admitted in a thread it was an exchange he was renting ... plus he would have to have owned WAY MORE resorts than he has implied in this thread. Just go look at other POSTS listed under his userid...

I did.

Not a bad suggestion to check out the OP's other posts. He has a rather extensive rental business and if the situation he's posed here isn't based on a hypothetical, the possibility exists that some of those rentals could be in jeopardy.

This really says it all, concisely and accurately. Vague and philosophical references within this thread to "basic contract law" and / or "fairness" and / or "legalities" are irrelevant and meaningless if the consequences of delinquency are actually already spelled out in writing in clear and specific detail within governing documents.

Admittedly I'm not a lawyer, but don't the T&C's that are "spelled out ... within the governing documents" fit the definition of "legalities?" I think so. Aside from that, I agree with you that the OP should be able to find the answers to his questions in the docs.

Last edited:

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a somewhat related note, I wonder how this would have played out if that week that was paid for and booked would have been deposited into an exchange company? I assume the accounts were all in good standing at the time the week was booked or the company would not have allowed the booking. Perhaps the arrears occurred after the booking but before the week occurred?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
On a somewhat related note, I wonder how this would have played out if that week that was paid for and booked would have been deposited into an exchange company? I assume the accounts were all in good standing at the time the week was booked or the company would not have allowed the booking. Perhaps the arrears occurred after the booking but before the week occurred?

There have been cases where exchangers reservations have been cancelled, because of scenarios in which the owners lost eligibility to deposit the week.