• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enhanced Elite Recognition?

danoquinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received this announcement in e-mail today from HGVC:

SUBJ: Announcing Your Enhanced Elite Recognition:

Elite recognition in Hilton Grand Vacations Club celebrates your commitment to enrich your life through memorable travel experiences. In keeping with our desire to offer distinctive travel services and advantages to our most loyal Club Members, we are pleased to announce enhanced Elite privileges…it’s our way of saying thank you.
A collection of tiered benefits are tailored for Elite, Elite Plus and Elite Premier recognition, complimenting the value of a well-traveled life. From upgraded accommodations to distinctive services and amenities, the enhanced privileges are highlighted online and in a new personalized Member Kit soon to arrive at your home.
We encourage you to visit www.hgvcelite.com to explore the enhanced services and expanded travel advantages now offered. Then, we encourage you to continue exploring the world in signature style.
As always, our Elite Services Counselors remain available to offer support via toll- free: 877-448-2354, Direct Worldwide: 407-722-3186.
We look forward to hearing from you and enhancing your travels with Elite recognition.

I checked out the www.hgvcelite.com web page and all it does it direct you to the "hgvclub.com" web page. Went there but didn't see any "enhanced privileges" unless I was looking in the wrong place. Anyone else get this e-mail or can elaborate some? I don't expect anything worthwhile as I suspect this is a marketing thing more than anything else.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't get an email, but it was featured when I logged in to HGVC. I went to the site and didn't see anything that hasn't already been available to view on the regular site. It looks like they just wanted something else to tell people they get special access to when they upgrade. It goes along well with our special room key. ;)

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I was told some time ago (and as seen on the website):

Extended Advance reservation window at Hokulani (a year - 180 days)
Upgrades to next best unit type but always with the same number of bedroom
Access to Anantara resorts
Premier Elites to receive complimentary transportation from the airport to resort (maximum of 3 people and 1 way only from airport to resort)

I have received a few upgrades and I hope it will be doable to get access to the Anantara pool villas. If so, I am a very happy camper.

I haven't taken the time yet to see what else is new.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Upgrades to next best unit type but always with the same number of bedroom

That appears to only be Elite Plus and Elite Premiere. And it actually appears to be a downgrade.
At the last 'owners update' I attended, the big sales pitch was that if I upgraded from Elite to Elite Plus, I would always be upgraded (based on availability).
And that was described as book a studio - upgrade to 1br, book a 1br - upgrade to 2br, book a 2br - upgrade to a 3br.
They even tossed out percentages: 90+% success in non-peak times, 75+% in peak times.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
That appears to only be Elite Plus and Elite Premiere. And it actually appears to be a downgrade.
At the last 'owners update' I attended, the big sales pitch was that if I upgraded from Elite to Elite Plus, I would always be upgraded (based on availability).
And that was described as book a studio - upgrade to 1br, book a 1br - upgrade to 2br, book a 2br - upgrade to a 3br.
They even tossed out percentages: 90+% success in non-peak times, 75+% in peak times.

More like 0% in peak time, 30% in non-peak time,

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
One thing did seem new to me (at least I didn't notice it before) -- access to the Kingsland clubhouse when staying at Waikoloa or Bay Club. Does that mean access to the Kingsland pools as well?

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't think that is a "downgrade" -- it looks the same as it always has been. I wouldn't put any confidence in the percentages that a salesman told you. If their lips are moving... :rofl:

Kurt

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose it will be a nice feature if the "special" website gets to a point where we can book vacations on it. Maybe it won't have all the issues that the other site has......:zzz:

I wanted to look at the King's Land clubhouse, but it has me stuck in an endless loop.