• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(FREE) 3500 Points DRI Hawaii Collection --SOLD --

Youngun

Reaction score
- 3500 Points Annual
- 2014 maintenance fee of $758 paid off
- 7000 Points are available to use in 2014 due to banking of 3500 from 2013
- 3500 Points still available for use in 2013 (previous bank from 2012)
- I will pay transfer cost of $250; done directly with Diamond.
- Also including $600 as an incentive, and it can be applied to the 2015 maintenance fee, or anything else.

Hawaii Collection includes:

- Ka’anapali Beach Club – Lahaina, Maui
- Point at Poipu – Koloa, Kauai
- Polo Towers Villas – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sedona Summit Resort - Sedona, Arizona

I believe that, if you are a current DRI member, you can use these points with your existing membership . If you are a member, please contact DRI to ask about your specific membership vs the points you would be receiving, and any "The CLUB" questions as I am not sure exactly what this entails.

Thanks!

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested! Will chat with hubby about this later but we currently have minimal points in this same collection and was going to top it up with second hand points at some time...please let me know the next step:) Thank you.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Does the 2014 maintenance fee of $758 include the $300 Club fee? The fee sounds high for 3500 points. The Club membership isn't transferable, so use of the points would be restricted to the Hawaii Collection.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
question

Poster hasn't responded to my note yet but I have a question:

If I own at KBC, Maui...and take on dirty points from the same collection BUT they were originally sold to someone at The Point Poipu....do I have to pay special assesments for BOTH locations if such assessments come up? Or do they group all my points to my KBC membership? I do understand that I can only use within my collection and I 'think' I can use them in II.

Thank you

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Poster hasn't responded to my note yet but I have a question:

If I own at KBC, Maui...and take on dirty points from the same collection BUT they were originally sold to someone at The Point Poipu....do I have to pay special assesments for BOTH locations if such assessments come up? Or do they group all my points to my KBC membership? I do understand that I can only use within my collection and I 'think' I can use them in II.

Thank you

If you have points in a collection, fees or special assessments of any properties in the collection go to the trust. The trust takes all the costs (including their fee for managing the trust) and divides them equally among all the points. That part doesn't matter whether the points are clean or dirty.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
?

I am a bit confused (sorry newbie here)...I read a lot of complaints about the owners of The Point at Poipu having huge special assessments because of a water intrusion problem...I understood that The Point owners had to pay huge amounts but didn't read anything about KBC owners having to help pay?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a bit confused (sorry newbie here)...I read a lot of complaints about the owners of The Point at Poipu having huge special assessments because of a water intrusion problem...I understood that The Point owners had to pay huge amounts but didn't read anything about KBC owners having to help pay?

If you own a deeded week at KBC, you didn't have to pay anything for the SA at Poipu, even if your deeded week was in The Club. If you owned points in the Hawaii Collection trust, you helped pay for Poipu because the collection includes The Point.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see....I thought that owners at The Point each had to pay thousands?..all a bit confusing really...I just need to know: If I have points already purchased at KBC...should I buy resale points that originated at KBC or is it the same if they originated at The Point?..I know I should buy them in the same collection but I do not know if I need to worry about which resort the resale points originate from....

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All owners at Poipu had to pay a SA of about $5800/week. Payments were spread over 3 years at first, and then changed to 5 years after a lawsuit was settled. The Hawaii Collection trust buys weeks, just as individuals do, and also has to pay the SA. If you're in a collection, I think your home resort only makes a difference for how far in advance you can book a reservation. It's possible that the reservation advantage applies to any resorts that are part of the collection.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me:) Not sure if these points here are still available but if not will be doing this in the next year anyhow:)

Youngun

Reaction score
Sorry! something is currently in the works with another member that PM'd me first. I'll keep everyone posted.

Artringwald - the MF I posted was without the Club Fee as I was told it would not transfer.