• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Seasons at Sugarbush - notice to owners

Viajanete

TUG Member
Reaction score
You probably have recently received information from The Seasons at Sugarbush about "major changes taking place at the Seasons Resort" (Warren, VT), and asking you to schedule a webinar appointment to learn about the changes.

Just finished my webinar - to give you a heads-up: It's information about The Seasons' change to RCI and the opportunity to upgrade to RCI points.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Just finished my webinar - to give you a heads-up: It's information about The Seasons' change to RCI and the opportunity to upgrade to RCI points.

Any mention of what this "opportunity" :rolleyes: to "upgrade" to RCI Points might cost out of pocket, or will a third party marketing entity be handling that little detail?

I'm not a gambler by nature, but I'll speculate / guess $2,500-$3,500 per deeded week to "upgrade" to RCI Points that which owners already own (w/out RCI Points).
Of course, it's not really even an "upgrade" at all if / when it involves a valuable, prime, high demand fixed unit / week, with guaranteed access and no reservation gyrations now without RCI points, but which would then have to be overtly and actively reserved each year if "upgraded" to being a week with RCI Points. :eek:

On the other hand, if there are many delinquent accounts and / or unsold weeks at this (or any other) facility, adopting RCI Points is a way to impart some new "value" to even the "doggiest" of "dog" weeks (which I think would be "mud season" at Sugarbush or at any other New England ski area). Even if the mud season weeks are worthless now, having associated RCI Points imparts some value which can be used elsewhere. Rarely a bad idea anywhere, particularly from a resort perspective.

Last edited:

Viajanete

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you nailed it, Theo. Different prices with some added bennies, but right in the $3k (and more) area, depending on how you "package" and when you act.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Luckily I don't have any association with Seasons at Sugarbush anymore!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Luckily I don't have any association with Seasons at Sugarbush anymore!

Adoption of RCI Points (at this resort or at any other resort) is not necessarily a bad thing. After all, anyone who is content with their current deeded ownership "exactly as is" can never be compelled or in any way obligated to involuntarily "convert" to RCI Points. They can simply decline and just say "no thanks" --- that's easy enough.

As mentioned already above, attaching RCI Points to weeks of little or no demand or market value is always an available way for a resort to both rake in some cash and create some value for otherwise worthless (or nearly worthless) weeks of little or no demand. That being said, paying to "convert" is another matter entirely and only very rarely a particularly good idea for a current owner; it's obviously better to buy RCI Points weeks which have already been converted with someone else's money. ;)

Last edited: