• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just arrived in my newly acquired free timeshare

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I've been to three Innseasons and they were all VRI managed. so I guessed that most of them were. That the general manager is responsible for the housekeeping crew makes VRI look a bit better. VRI also took over managing that other Dennis D resort just up the street, which was one of the worst stays I've ever had, and owners said it was a lot better when VRI took over. I'm glad I missed the older management.

Are you talking about South Mountain? That is a Blue Green resort. Are you saying VRI manages South Mountain also? We stayed there last Sept on an exchange and it was ok. I actually like the ambiance there better than Pollard Brook, but we had a cheesy fake fireplace and the jacuzzi in the bedroom didn't work. But all else in the unit Pollard Brook. I like that you can walk into the town from that resort and it is just "prettier".

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I find it interesting that I sent the General Manager here an email regarding my satisfaction with the unit, since I had a lot of conversations through email with him when acquiring it and I wasn't happy at the with some things another owner told me about our unit. He said to stop by his office when I got here. Well, he didn't respond to my email this week. I did drop by his office, but he wasn't there so I left a note. Still no response back from him.

Geez.....Just wanted to touch base and let him know I appreciated his being above board with the unit updating info. and so forth and have him realize I am not a nightmare new owner- well- maybe just a little....lol! :rolleyes:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
On another note, the outside pool was closed today due to a 6 or 7 year old having a number 2 accident. In all our years of timesharing anywhere- even with Smuggs' 8 pools- have never had a pool close for any reason- been lucky. I guess there's always a first time! At least we had the option of using the indoor pool.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, exactly what Does VRI manage at the resort then?

Do you understand what back office is? Those words answer your question.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about South Mountain? That is a Blue Green resort. Are you saying VRI manages South Mountain also? We stayed there last Sept on an exchange and it was ok. I actually like the ambiance there better than Pollard Brook, but we had a cheesy fake fireplace and the jacuzzi in the bedroom didn't work. But all else in the unit Pollard Brook. I like that you can walk into the town from that resort and it is just "prettier".

He is talking about Village at Loon Mountain.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am naive. What does back office mean then in this case? What do they manage exactly?
So I didn't know the Pollard Brook owner also owned Loon.

Last edited:

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bye-bye, Wyndham

We decided long ago that we would associate ourselves only with "independent" timeshare facilities and we summarily dumped any and all "chain"-affiliated intervals (including within Wyndham and Legacy Vacation Club, the latter being the reincarnated version of bankrupt Celebrity Resorts). We've never regretted that decision.

Likewise. Bye-bye, Wyndham. Hello, Egrets Pointe.