• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC summer restaurant week(s) 7/20-8/14

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.nycgo.com/restaurant-week

I will be in NYC the week of 7/31-8/7. Already booked a few places: lunches @ Morimoto, Toloache, Capital Grille, Fig & Olive, Gotham Bar & Grille....and now looking to book a few dinners. We are staying at the Manhattan Club, and will be seeing a few shows. I'm familiar w/ the city, and have no problem using the public transportation. Any suggestions for dinner? Would like to have a nice italian meal, and then open to anything else. Thanks.

Deb

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Italian dinner suggestions

Hi Deb,
What a great idea to plan your trip during restaurant week in NYC. It is a great way to try some of the top restaurants in NYC at a fraction of the usual price. Here are some suggestions for Italian, all are near my office and I've been to all:
Lavo- 58th St
Montebello- 56th St.
Casa Lever- Park and 53rd
All east side restaurants and all are very good and interesting places.

Another dinner place that we go to often during restaurant week is Ocean Grill, Columbus at 78th St. Great NYC Restaurant Week menu.
One other suggestion, very close to where you're staying is the China Grill. One of the most unusual asian restaurants and you must try, even if its an upgrade from the Rest. week menu, the crispy spinach! It is amazing!

All of these places are very good when it comes to promoting and offering the Rest. week menu. Some places, like Bobby Van's which I wouldn't recommend treat you like they don't want to serve you when you ASK to see the restaurant week menu.
Enjoy yourself and feel free to ask any other questions.
Brian

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had initially planned on going to a conference in NYC a few weeks from now, but between a busy schedule, missing the window for a timeshare, and expensive hotels, I ended up skipping it. I would have been all over Restaurant Week! Bummer.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out on the restaurant week website & see if we can fit one or two in our schedule.

Deb

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Welcome to NYC- great RW restaurant

Hi Deb,
From your OP you were arriving today in NYC.
I just wanted to tell you about another Great Restaurant Week place we went to this week. David Burkes Fishtail on 62nd st. It was a great dinner and they handled the restaurant Week menu (and encouraged diners to rider from it) about the best I've seen any restaurant handle. They give you their full one page menu when seated. They point out that all of the items with the FT red logo next to them are included in the RW promotion. If an item has a Surcharge for RW it is clearly marked. I have to tell you, the RW menu included most of the menu items, appetizers, entrees and desserts! It was outstanding!
We had a great dinner and the service couldn't have been nicer.
Hope you have a great trip and let me know if you have any questions.
Brian

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for dinner? Would like to have a nice italian meal, and then open to anything else. Thanks.

Italian:
Il Buco - romantic & italian rustic ambience as well as very good food
Lupa - great pasta by Mario Batali in a Roman osteria setting

Japanese:
Sushi Azabu / Daruma-ya - downstairs has great sushi and ground floor has great soba & izakaya style food. Michelin star

Korean:
Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong - the most interesting and popular korean bbq in the city
Jungsik - modern haute-style korean food. Excellent and quite unusual. 2 Michelin stars

Chinese:
China Blue - upscale Shanghai style Chinese food in an upscale Shanghai style decor. This is NOT your General Tso's chicken type of place.

Seafood:
Aquagrill - upmarket seafood and raw bar. The best oysters in the city

Steak
Strip House - great steak with burlesque photos on the wall

The above not only have great food but they have fresh character and will be memorable. These are not your typical large Manhattan institutionalized restaurant like Capital Grille or Carmines.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hand of God

If you have the opportunity, I recommend seeing the play, Hand of God. I didn't know what to expect but it was smart and ever so funny. Completely unexpected and original. There is some dark humor and hand puppets but it is nothing like what you've seen before or even imaginable. Highly recommended and had 5 Tony award nominations.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best steak I ever had was at 212 its around 316 e 53rd ask about the $60.00 coupon b4 u go

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Dang. We get in late on the 14th of August. :(

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Hand to God" was the show we saw Saturday evening. I was very excited to see it, sine I loved "AvenueQ". However, I came out of the show very disappointed. This was listed as a comedy, but the very dark humor & violence left me wishing I had picked a different show. All three of us left the theater saying "what was that???".

Deb

jannikins5

Reaction score
New York

Just returned from 5 night at the Manhattan Club. I find NYC Restaurant Week to be a bit of a bust. They limit the menu so much and make the portions so much smaller. Disappointed in Nugatine, The Gander and Hakasaan. Go see Something Rotten or Hamilton. First time I was able to get rooms at the Manhattan club in many years. It is showing its age.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had excellent restaurant week meals at the following:

LUNCH: Fig & Olive midtown, Gotham Bar & Grill, Capital Grille, Morimoto
DINNER: Sea Grill & Toloache

Not impressed w/ lunch at Tender, (restaurant just too dark; gelato sampler for dessert was the only highlight). Favorites were Gotham B&G & Morimoto, although the other meals were excellent, and I would definitely return. Also tried the "grasshopper tacos", (not on RW menu), at Toloache, (mainly bc I'm a Spanish teacher, and I wanted to have that experience to share w/ my students). They were surprisingly good! :D

Also ate at several non RW places: Havana Central, (excellent cuban sandwich), Iron Bar & Grill, (great for appetizers & drinks before show), La Bonne Soupe, Shake Shack, (in Brooklyn, no lines), Chelsea Market, (The Lobster Place & Doughnuttery---always a fav), and a few more. Enjoyed trying some new places; as well as old favorites.

Deb