• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head Island - Pet Boarding Question

Steve

Reaction score
Has anyone boarded their pet on Hilton Head Island while vacationing there? I am thinking of taking my dog with me on a trip back east this fall, and I will need a place for her to stay during my week on HHI since pets aren't allowed at Marriott's Barony Beach Club where I will be staying.

The Southpaw Pet Resort looks very nice and is close to Barony. Has anyone boarded their dog there? I have never done this before, but my dog is now a senior and I think she would enjoy this more than staying home for the whole trip and being looked after by the neighbors.

Thanks for any info.

Steve

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Evergreen Pet Lodge

Hi,
We own at Grande Ocean and have a vacation home in Sea Pines. We have been boarding our dogs at Evergreen (http://www.evergreenpetlodgehhi.com/) for 6 years sometimes multiple times during the year. It is cheaper than home in Philadelphia too. We keep our dogs when we stay at our house but sometimes we need a vacation from them too. Evergreen offers a MVCI discount so ask for it. There is a dog park very close to the Marriott Surfwatch if you want to take you dog out while they are boarded and bring them back. We also email (evergreenhhi@roadrunner.com) all the vaccination information beforehand. Another good reason to board there is the Vet hospital next door. When our first dog was a senior, she has since passed over the rainbow, we felt good knowing she could get care right away if necessary although we never needed it. I am not saying the one you found is not good, I just don't know them and can only provide the one I have used. Enjoy HHI!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We considered both Southpaw and Evergreen for our trip to HHI in early July. I think both are good facilities, but in the end, we opted to board our dog at an in home pet caregiver we found through Rover.com. Our six year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a shy dog who is very used to always being around "his people" and he had only been boarded once when he was about a year old (at the Best Friends facility at Disney World). Most of the time he stayed with my Mom when we traveled, but she passed away this past Spring, so we had to find a new option.

Like most kennels, at both Southpaw and Evergreen the dogs are unattended from late afternoon through the overnight until they reopen in the AM, so we didn't think our dog would do well in that situation. Other dogs might do fine, however.

We found a Rover.com sitter in Hilton Head who could have kept him, but the main reason we considered boarding him in HHI was so we could go get him a couple times and take him to the beach. But the HHI sitter understandably wasn't too keen on us coming by to get him since that would mean she would have to adjust her schedule multiple times to be there for pick up and drop off for those days we wanted to get him. So instead we decided on a wonderful Rover.com sitter near our home so we could establish a relationship with her and have a comfortable place for our dog whenever we travel, regardless of our destination.

Last edited: