• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelled Reservation Points

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I am new to Club Wyndham and have a question about Cancelled Reservation Points.

If I cancel a reservation, how long do I have to wait before rebooking somewhere else with those points? Are they available immediately?

Thanks.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are available immediately but you won't see them in your account until the next day.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a tip: It you want to see immediately how many points you have after you cancel a reservation - pretend to go and make an RCI deposit without actually completing the transaction from the Wyndham portal.

You will immediately see the points that you have available in your account without having to wait until the next day.

I do it all the time - since I am always changing my mind or borrowing future year's points.

You can also borrow 2015 and 2016 points if you need them! Yes, 2016 points are available to you if you need them to make an Express Reservation for use years 2014 and 2015. Remember, that if you should decide to cancel borrowed points they do NOT go back to the use year from which you borrowed, but go and stay into the use year of the reservation which you booked.

Reading the Club Wyndham Plus Directory and learning the system takes time, but is worth it!

Cynthia T. :)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
.....Reading the Club Wyndham Plus Directory and learning the system takes time, but is worth it!

Cynthia T --- use different color highlighters .... esp use them on your older copy as there is a NEW PICTURE BOOK out (the NEW Member's Directory) ... more resorts, fewer pictures per some of the resorts.

I have a stack of 6+ versions of member's directories -- this year they ADD more pages and there are MORE resorts --- but they cut back on pictures at the individual resorts and more pictures seem small. Even the points charts are smaller & with smaller print.

Personally, I wish they would get rid of the "fake people" pictures - all models who look nothing like the Wyndham guests who I see at our pools.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vacationhopeful
QUOTE "use different color highlighters .... esp use them on your older copy as there is a NEW PICTURE BOOK out (the NEW Member's Directory) ... more resorts, fewer pictures per some of the resorts."

Hello Linda,
My Wyndham Directory looks like it was left out in the rain. :deadhorse: The pages have seen better days. Too much usage. I need to get myself the rainbow highlighters and some sticky notes so I can remember all of the key points. I use my book a little too much!

I am glad for the new directory that I just ordered!!! :rolleyes:

I have the Dream Book too (mostly all pictures)...

Last edited:

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I use 2016 points? Would that be in the 90 window where I can borrow points?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I use 2016 points? Would that be in the 90 window where I can borrow points?

Yes! Express reservation (a reservation made within the 90 day window) is how you can borrow points. Book something for 2015 and you can borrow 2016 points (during the Express Reservation period). You can do this if you don't have enough points for the reservation in 2015. If you cancel the reservation (for any reason) your points stay in the use year that you made the reservation for. They do not get returned (when canceled) to the use year they were borrowed from.

You cannot use canceled points to book a reservation at 13-10 months. However, you CAN use canceled points for reservations made 10 months out or less.

A word of warning - don't cancel too many reservations or you will only have canceled points and use up all of your Regular Use Year points. Only Regular Use Year Points are good for ARP bookings. Also, with Wyndham Regular Use Year points always get used before canceled points. If ARP is important to you for future bookings - then you must be careful.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.

I went online this morning and made a Express Reservation to get enough points. I then cancelled everything and went to make the new reservation with all my cancelled points.

I did run into one problem. My math was bad! I was 1,000 points short. Argh. So, I made another express reservation to pull over more points.....cancelled.....and then I had what I needed!

I did end up with 10K more cancelled points that I needed, but once our other contract comes through we will use those for a fall trip.

Thanks again for all your help.

So, just to confirm: Even though I ended up doing several transactions today....that only uses 1 Reservation Transaction? I had 7 on my account, so I am not worried too much about them.

Also, do those carry over from year to year? If you only use 4 and have 7, do the remaining 3 carry over or do you loose them?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cynthia T --- use different color highlighters .... esp use them on your older copy as there is a NEW PICTURE BOOK out (the NEW Member's Directory) ... more resorts, fewer pictures per some of the resorts.

I have a stack of 6+ versions of member's directories -- this year they ADD more pages and there are MORE resorts --- but they cut back on pictures at the individual resorts and more pictures seem small. Even the points charts are smaller & with smaller print.

Personally, I wish they would get rid of the "fake people" pictures - all models who look nothing like the Wyndham guests who I see at our pools.

Linda...no one is going to buy this stuff if they see me in the pool... even though I think I look just like the guy on page 367

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
So, just to confirm: Even though I ended up doing several transactions today....that only uses 1 Reservation Transaction? I had 7 on my account, so I am not worried too much about them.

Also, do those carry over from year to year? If you only use 4 and have 7, do the remaining 3 carry over or do you loose them?

Yes, anything done in the same day only uses 1 transaction. No, they do not carry over - use them or lose them.