• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Ridge, Edisto Island, SC

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
.... Overall we like the Hilton Head area much better. Especially this time of year, there is not much to do here at Edisto Beach. Very limited restaurants and stores compared to HHI. It is located within driving distance to Charleston and Hilton Head so we spent days there. The beach is not nearly as nice as Hilton Head Beach, which is much wider and a more flat beach.

Just re-read you post and have to chuckle a little, there's not much to do on Edisto Island even during the busy season, it's a different kind of place as Cheryl has said.

If you like the beach a little wider try driving to one of the beach accesses further to the south. It widens out a lot more than were you are staying.

And I forgot to say, welcome to TUG.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Does anyone know which Beachwalk units are refurbished and which ones are not. I have 6F booked, or at least that is what the VC told me.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that have been to both, how comparable is Edisto Island to the Outer Banks? My wife's family used to go there every year and I am looking to put together a reunion using Wyndham points, but obviously there aren't any Wyndham's available at the Outer Banks. The family really liked the "feel" of the Outer Banks... more than say a more commercial place like Myrtle Beach.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Edisto is another 3 or 4 notches down from the outer banks. The only mini golf is going to be at the resort and it's the typical free kind. Your not going to find a drive through liquor store. Edisto is what I imagine a shore vacation was in the 40's and 50's. One smallish grocery store. Maybe a dozen food places total including bars, restaurants, etc. We only stayed a day on our way to Hilton ahead and really liked it and wanted to stay a few more but it would be a really low key vacation with walks on the beach, shelling, bike riding, fishing, dolphin watching etc. We enjoyed the Botany Bay Nature preserve and went on a boat tour. For everything else you need to drive one hour or more to go to Charleston or other areas.

For me 3-5 nights in Edisto would be perfect paired with 3-4 nights in Charleston or Savannah in April or October not in the summer.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edisto is another 3 or 4 notches down from the outer banks. The only mini golf is going to be at the resort and it's the typical free kind. Your not going to find a drive through liquor store. Edisto is what I imagine a shore vacation was in the 40's and 50's. One smallish grocery store. Maybe a dozen food places total including bars, restaurants, etc. We only stayed a day on our way to Hilton ahead and really liked it and wanted to stay a few more but it would be a really low key vacation with walks on the beach, shelling, bike riding, fishing, dolphin watching etc. We enjoyed the Botany Bay Nature preserve and went on a boat tour. For everything else you need to drive one hour or more to go to Charleston or other areas.

For me 3-5 nights in Edisto would be perfect paired with 3-4 nights in Charleston or Savannah in April or October not in the summer.

Thanks - great feedback... this would be a big family gathering with lots of kids aged 6-13... maybe not enough to do for them then?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Depending on the kids they may love it or they may hate it. I think the Wyndham campus and activities will help but if you are staying at beach walk it will mean driving to the activity center. It will also take more planning on the part of the adults to keep the children engaged ... flying kites, family game night, a scavenger hunt, see which group can build the best sand castle or do a picnic and play badminton or shuffle board. They still get internet and have tv's but it can be a chance for more unplugged time if everyone is willing to commit.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those that have been to both, how comparable is Edisto Island to the Outer Banks? My wife's family used to go there every year and I am looking to put together a reunion using Wyndham points, but obviously there aren't any Wyndham's available at the Outer Banks. The family really liked the "feel" of the Outer Banks... more than say a more commercial place like Myrtle Beach.

The friend that I sent to Edisto this year went to the OBX last year on a rental I found him. His 2 daughters are grown. They liked the OBX better but liked the resort at Edisto better. He had a lockoff side of a 2Br in the OBX and the 4Br at Edisto.

There was little to do in the way of restaurants and sight seeing in Edisto but when they went to Charleston they found what they were looking for. They ended up going to town 3 times, probably not what you'd want to do at a family reunion.

They stayed at Barrier Station Duck and the units were in serious need of updating. They were very happy with the unit at Edisto.

jaystanley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the descriptions of Edisto in the last few posts have been right on. Regarding the Outer Banks, we have stayed at Duck, Corolla, and Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks. There is more to do there than Edisto. Hatteras Island is the more remote of the three. The water is colder north of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (Duck and Corolla) from the northern currents, so it takes a little bit to get used to the water. We stayed in a large home with 4 other families that was a short walk to the beach and had its own pool and had a great time. Lot's of history with the Wright Brothers and the Lighthouses is cool too.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know which Beachwalk units are refurbished and which ones are not. I have 6F booked, or at least that is what the VC told me.

My friends can't recall the unit number they were in but I see an "F" in one of the exterior shots.

With the small number of units in that complex I'm thinking only one should have the "F" on it.

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Edisto today. Great time as expected. Laid back and relaxing is the reason we returned. Had a 2 bedroom unit at Bay Point and had a balcony view of the sunsets (when there was one...lol).

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Yes, I am intentionally resurrecting this thread!

I have a need to stay in this area next month and I am trying to read about the various villages in this resort. At present, I see references to:
Bay Point, Marsh Point I & II, Sea Oaks, Sea Palms, The Village, and Southpointe.

I will be reserving a 2 BR unit, and it appears The Village and Southpointe are the best (most desirable) options.
Can anyone please confirm this? I am in the process of reading reviews and (unfortunately) most reviews do not disclose the specific village the review was written on (about).

Thanks!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
And in a related thread, I found a more recent description from Silverdollar:

As that is from 2018, that is much more recent, but can others confirm The Village or Southpointe are still the best options here?
(Best options meaning, reasonably modern, clean, comfortable, etc?)