• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Wyndham and have left over points

epd1210

Reaction score
Hello,

I am knew to this part of my timeshare. I have owned Wyndham for 5+ years and am selling it now. I have roughly 250,000 pts still to use this year. I would like to transfer them to RCI or something else, but not sure how or if I can do this before the transfer of the Timeshare.
What are the costs? Is it weeks or points?
I am new to this transfer part. We have used our points only at Wyndham and enjoyed the "game" of booking and upgrading and cancelling to maximize our points for years.

Also, will I be able to access the weeks/points with RCI after the sale is finalized?

Thanks!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Also, will I be able to access the weeks/points with RCI after the sale is finalized?

Thanks!

I wouldn't count on this. The RCI acct your deposited points go to is only accessible thru Wyndham's website.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
My experience in a related purchase has been that the RCI points will transfer only under certain circumstances. These being that the original owner has only one contract in the Wyndham account. With 250,000 points remaining, you probably have more than one Wyndham contract in your account.

When there is more than one contract, the remaining points, as well as the RCI points, remain with the account until it is terminated.

If you have only one contract, contact Wyndham and ask for advise on how to make the sale and desired transfer of Wyndham and RCI points. Otherwise, the probability of a clean transfer is problematic.

In one case for me, even though the sale indicated that there were 92,000 RCI points, in addition to the Wyndham points, I eventually gave up on receiving any of the RCI points.

Jim

epd1210

Reaction score
It is a one contract..... we own 511,000 in one contract.

So I will contact Wyndham and find out how to move those points. Thank You!

My experience in a related purchase has been that the RCI points will transfer only under certain circumstances. These being that the original owner has only one contract in the Wyndham account. With 250,000 points remaining, you probably have more than one Wyndham contract in your account.

When there is more than one contract, the remaining points, as well as the RCI points, remain with the account until it is terminated.

If you have only one contract, contact Wyndham and ask for advise on how to make the sale and desired transfer of Wyndham and RCI points. Otherwise, the probability of a clean transfer is problematic.

In one case for me, even though the sale indicated that there were 92,000 RCI points, in addition to the Wyndham points, I eventually gave up on receiving any of the RCI points.

Jim