• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apple tv use during wkorvn stay

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would we be able to use our Apple tv box while we are there? It is just plug and go at home. As always, thanks for the help. You guys know everything!!!

dspring

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Apple TV in the villas. Had to call the service desk who hooked me up with the IT guy. Once set up, worked fine.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is not exactly plug-go at home since it would have to be set-up at home as well.
Thus the rub... and depends on how tech-savvy you are.
I have used FireTV stick in WKORV and WPORV (with IT and Ken555's help), but only use AppleTV at home. It will depend on access and set-up thru their system. So... YMMV

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, IT tech is certainly not my specialty at all and somehow I managed to hook it up which is shocking. If I remember when I got the new Apple tv 4 box this past Dec. it listed the available wifi and I just had to put in the password.We will see how much room there is in the suitcase and if we want to bother with it at all.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'll be there next week with my Apple TV...I use it with a portable router so it's plug and play for me. If you want to get it on the resort wifi network you'll need to plug it in, turn it on, get the MAC address from the settings display and call the resort Internet support and ask them to clear that MAC address for the entire time of your stay. Just tell them you have an Apple TV and they'll know what to do (hopefully). It's not difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best is to use the new Roku streaming stick model: 3600R. It is designed for hotels and travelers. The problem with apple TV and other devices is that hotels require you to log in with a browser and these players don't have a browser. You can get around this by calling front desk and asking for internet support who will log you in manually using your MAC address.

The new ROKU streaming stick 3600R is designed to log in without using a browser at hotels.

I used it a few months back at WKORV and it logged in fast and easy.

The actual problem you will face is the new TV's at WKORV have the HDMI plugs behind the TV's which are mounted close to the walls. I purchased an HDMI Male to Female extension cord which really helped.

Anyone who is at WKORV now can go on Amazon and change your shipping address to WKORV and order the player stick or the HDMI cable (make sure it is male one end and female on other end) and receive it in two days.

Hope this helps. (price for Roku 3600R is between $39 on sale or $49 regular)

Last edited:

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son has an Amazon Firestick. Would that be any easier?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Best is to use the new Roku streaming stick model: 3600R. It is designed for hotels and travelers. The problem with apple TV and other devices is that hotels require you to log in with a browser and these players don't have a browser. You can get around this by calling front desk and asking for internet support who will log you in manually using your MAC address.

The new ROKU streaming stick 3600R is designed to log in without using a browser at hotels.

I used it a few months back at WKORV and it logged in fast and easy.

The actual problem you will face is the new TV's at WKORV have the HDMI plugs behind the TV's which are mounted close to the walls. I purchased an HDMI Male to Female extension cord which really helped.

Anyone who is at WKORV now can go on Amazon and change your shipping address to WKORV and order the player stick or the HDMI cable (make sure it is male one end and female on other end) and receive it in two days.

Hope this helps. (price for Roku 3600R is between $39 on sale or $49 regular)

That's good advice. The fire is also supposed to have the login feature but I no longer use mine so haven't tested. I want to buy the new Roku stick since it's faster but haven't bothered yet as my old one works just fine. I'll probably end up buying it before too long. Roku is definitely the best for me when traveling and for flexibility, though I do like the Apple TV quite a bit, especially the newer model. I sometimes take it with, as I did for this trip, so I can watch those movies and shows I've bought from iTunes.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We use a travel router as well. Works great at resorts that charge per device, as you can hook up as many as you want with one fee, and have everything set up to connect to it before you leave.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
My son has an Amazon Firestick. Would that be any easier?

Yes, Amazon Fire Stick has the ability to log in at hotels which require authentication. This avoids having to call the front desk.

Just make sure to plug it in at home and download the latest software update before going on vacation. If the Fire Stick is more than a year or two old it may not have the feature until it's updated.