• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Nanea Ocean Villas construction

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You mean that it's obvious, so it doesn't have to be disclosed, right? Not sure about the laws in Hawaii, but here in Ohio, you don't need to disclose things obvious to the naked eye, such as the fact that your house sits next to a railroad track. You do need to disclose items that would be detrimental to ownership, but aren't obvious, such as leaks, structural cracks in the foundation that you patched up and painted over, and resident poltergeists.

I don't know the laws in Hawaii. I would have thought they need to disclose it, at least until they started construction...and perhaps now that it is obvious they don't need to say anything about it. In any case, it appears that based on the asking price the sellers want ~30% more than they paid a few years ago for the condo.

Sent from my iPad

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at WKORV when they were building WKORVN - it really wasn't intrusive, and those buildings are much closer together. I don't think it will bother you because of the green belt between WKROVN and construction.

In a similar way, we were not bothered at all by the construction going on at Nanea, even though our lanai was on the side closest to Nanea. The big open space between Nanea and WKORV-N provides a good buffer for any construction noise.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
By law, they can't start selling until they are within a certain number of mos. before occupancy is possible. I don't recall what that timeframe is, but maybe you can find out at your torture session this afternoon. ;)

We were told during our (very short) owners update that they will start selling in the last quarter of this year. We had a good update, and well worth 6000 SP for a few minutes of our time.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
...and here are the amentities:

Sand beach
Heated lagoon pool
Island whirlpool spas
Beach pool – zero entry with sand bottom and water slide
Poolside cabanas
Children’s splash pad
Two plunge pools
WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio sauna and steam room
Outdoor barbecue grill stations
Restaurant
Pool Bar
Market
Fire Pit
Cultural Center
Retail spaces
Grab n' Go
Keiki Club (Westin® Family)
Business center with internet access
Board room/multi-function room
Covered parking

No tennis courts... boo!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
At least they aren't promising a lazy river this time as they did with WKORV-N only to change plans later on. These features don't sound like anything really new...just the basic requirements for a typical modern large beach resort.

What is the Cultural Center? A bulletin board next to the retail store with info on Maui? And the business center is likely two computers in the hallway just like WKORV.

I'm sure they'll make a lot of money on this project. And I am looking forward to more options - I can see the appeal of having more pools to visit during a stay, another restaurant, etc. We'll just have to wait and see if the beach becomes too crowded like it is in Whaler's Village, but I hope not.

Sent from my iPad

LarryAck

Reaction score
My question is the sewer plant that is literally accross the street. If the wind blows wrong it hits north. What is the air going to be right next door.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the Cultural Center? A bulletin board next to the retail store with info on Maui? And the business center is likely two computers in the hallway just like WKORV.

Actually, KORVN has 2 computers in the hallway. KORVS has a room with computers and printers that can be accessed with your key card. They also have two computers in the hallway, which are mostly used for printing boarding passes.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Actually, KORVN has 2 computers in the hallway. KORVS has a room with computers and printers that can be accessed with your key card. They also have two computers in the hallway, which are mostly used for printing boarding passes.

You made my point. A business center is just a couple of computers...be it in a hallway or a room, doesn't really matter.

Sent from my iPad

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This issue is conveniently being 'swept under the rug' (or sewer). If I was considering buying here, this would be a legitimate concern..

My question is the sewer plant that is literally accross the street. If the wind blows wrong it hits north. What is the air going to be right next door.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Google Earth is showing Nanea now under construction, showing foundation for Building 3 and Building 4. I do not know how frequently the images get updated, but it will be interesting to follow from afar.

Best,

Greg

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Google Earth is showing Nanea now under construction, showing foundation for Building 3 and Building 4. I do not know how frequently the images get updated, but it will be interesting to follow from afar.

Best,

Greg

Just walked past construction and can see it from my unit. There's a number of people working on it daily and it appears they've started on the second floor for at least one section.

Sent from my iPad

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Clever name for the discounted offer: "Hard Hat Rate" - good through June 2016. Kids even get a "construction fun" gift at check-in! http://www.honuakai.com/packages/hard-hat1.htm

My relatives just stayed at this resort and took advantage of the hard hat rate and even though their view was of dirt and construction, they were happy with the price reduction as they would not have been able to stay here otherwise...

They raved about how beautiful the Honua Kai resort was and they got suckered into taking a tour next door and thank god they did not buy

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
They raved about how beautiful the Honua Kai resort was and they got suckered into taking a tour next door and thank god they did not buy

I love Honua Kai. It's where I would buy a condo if I were to buy one on Maui.

Last edited:

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Nanea in August 2016

I just returned from a stay at the Westin Ka'anapali ORV and took some pictures of the Nanea construction.

Viewed from Ka'anapali Beach:
DVg234JD3rNJP8AQAa2kRgwKq18ZqwQl5fAsLz_L8ho

Landscaping recently installed:
_j5dqEOzypj4sFu2g5bv-A00OUdrS9ehmrQOUqE2a7Y%2C-GL72Yv96sHbtBmRPdA0k4cS7KscfeU6_EMa3CE4YXc

A peek inside:
RpShWWxPRZjRZPpZZXlNKXwJJi16W15tsFfFQStnX0A

The boardwalk that goes along the grass/beach border is right along this fencing, so you get an idea of the proximity of the OFV to the boardwalk and beach.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Blocked

I just returned from a stay at the Westin Ka'anapali ORV and took some pictures of the Nanea construction.

Viewed from Ka'anapali Beach:
DVg234JD3rNJP8AQAa2kRgwKq18ZqwQl5fAsLz_L8ho

Landscaping recently installed:
_j5dqEOzypj4sFu2g5bv-A00OUdrS9ehmrQOUqE2a7Y%2C-GL72Yv96sHbtBmRPdA0k4cS7KscfeU6_EMa3CE4YXc

A peek inside:
RpShWWxPRZjRZPpZZXlNKXwJJi16W15tsFfFQStnX0A

The boardwalk that goes along the grass/beach border is right along this fencing, so you get an idea of the proximity of the OFV to the boardwalk and beach.

Your link to "Dropbox" is not properly shared:(

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
My apologies. I had a heck of a time getting the image posted using the tug interface. I'm so new, I didn't know what to do, so I figured I put them somewhere else, and it worked for me. I'll figure out how to do it next time so there is no disappointment.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
A great way (free, but need to sign-up) is to get a PhotoBucket account (app) and upload photos. Then click on the IMG link for photo (automatically copied) , and paste in TUG post reply.

Very easy - and gets a good photo size.
(And you have photos stored to share)
IME

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
A great way (free, but need to sign-up) is to get a PhotoBucket account (app) and upload photos. Then click on the IMG link for photo (automatically copied) , and paste in TUG post reply.

Very easy - and gets a good photo size.
(And you have photos stored to share)
IME

Thanks for the tip, neighbor!