• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Upcoming Renovations 2016-2017

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the renovations schedule coming up for Sheraton Vistana for rest of 2016 to 2017. If anyone has pictures after the renovation...please post!

Sheraton Vistana Resort has several maintenance projects planned throughout 2016 and 2017, including the following Homeowner Association-sponsored projects:

Springs Phase: August 28 – December 31, 2016
The Springs phase will undergo a villa interior refresh including all seating, window treatments, bedding and accessories, interior paint and carpet replacement. Exterior projects include HVAC replacement, exterior paint, and window/door replacement.

Falls Phase exterior building maintenance: January 15 – April 2, 2017
The Falls phase will undergo a window replacement and exterior paint project.

Palms Phase: April 2 – July 16, 2017 and Courts Phase: September 16 – November 17, 2017
The Courts and Palms phases will undergo a villa refresh that will include all seating, window treatments, bedding and accessories, interior paint and carpet replacement.

Falls Recreation Center: January 2017
While the Falls Recreation Center is unavailable due to a refresh and maintenance project, the other on-site recreational centers will remain available.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They are already renovating? Seems kind of soon.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I would think with a resort as large as Vistana Resort, that they can't refurbish everything in one year, it would be a constant cycle, every year they would be doing a soft or hard goods refurbishment. With nine phases at Vistana, doing two in 2017 seems about right. Only two of those listed in the OP are interior, the others are exterior, windows or common areas.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Many resorts have a refurbishment cycle that occurs about every 5-7 years, so this timeline seems to make sense.

Also of note, Sheraton Vistana VILLAGES is also undergoing some renovation projects next year:

Bella Pool Renovation: January 2017

The Bella Pool will be closed the month of January 2017 for renovation. While this pool is closed, the St. Augustine pool, with its pirate ship and water slide, as well as the Key West Pool, with its tropical and tranquil setting, will remain open for use.

Key West Villa Renovation: August 27 – December 17, 2017

The Key West villas will undergo a soft goods replacement, including the bedding, pillows, mattresses, sofas, drapes and carpet. Additionally, the windows and sliding patio doors will be updated during this project. Each building will be surrounded by safety fencing during renovation. We don’t anticipate this impacting the vacation experience.

The Key West villas were first opened in about 2005 and received their refurbishment around 2009. Good to see they are updating on a regular basis.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many resorts have a refurbishment cycle that occurs about every 5-7 years, so this timeline seems to make sense.

Also of note, Sheraton Vistana VILLAGES is also undergoing some renovation projects next year:

Bella Pool Renovation: January 2017

The Bella Pool will be closed the month of January 2017 for renovation. While this pool is closed, the St. Augustine pool, with its pirate ship and water slide, as well as the Key West Pool, with its tropical and tranquil setting, will remain open for use.

Key West Villa Renovation: August 27 – December 17, 2017

The Key West villas will undergo a soft goods replacement, including the bedding, pillows, mattresses, sofas, drapes and carpet. Additionally, the windows and sliding patio doors will be updated during this project. Each building will be surrounded by safety fencing during renovation. We don’t anticipate this impacting the vacation experience.

The Key West villas were first opened in about 2005 and received their refurbishment around 2009. Good to see they are updating on a regular basis.

Thank you for this , do you mind me asking where you got this info and do you know if there is any renovation going on just now and in which phases, it would save me asking in the future, thanks again xxx

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Thank you for this , do you mind me asking where you got this info and do you know if there is any renovation going on just now and in which phases, it would save me asking in the future, thanks again xxx

Hello, no problem. I found the info on the VSE website under "Owner Policies and Conditions": https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-villages/terms-conditions

Nothing else is listed and I do not believe any renovations are occurring at this time. Work on the new phase has been postponed.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)

I think Vistana has been much better about keeping current with refurbishment since the SA. According to the newsletters, the cycle started the year after Courts phase finished. I have been very happy to see a long list of improvements and maintenance every year since, and to see fairly responsible replacement schedules.