• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Branson resorts, through II, are there any you would never stay?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just wondering this because we are going next summer with a lot of family for a reunion, about 100 people, and I was going to help my sisters get places to stay. What resorts would you never stay?

Has anyone lucked into a 2 bedroom at the Welk Branson resort? I would love to stay there.

What about RCI resorts? Are there any you would not want?

I am not using Wyndham points for the trip because I have so many weeks to exchange.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at several and can't think of any bad ones. I think it would be easier on everyone if you provide a list of the potential II resorts. You'd may get more feedback that way.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We stayed at Roark in Branson once, and I didn't think it was all that nice. It was in a great location, walking distance to shows downtown. They did let us use a pontoon boat for 3 hours, and that was nice, but the unit needed updating, much like most of the timeshares in Colorado that are older.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Roark in Branson once, and I didn't think it was all that nice. It was in a great location, walking distance to shows downtown. They did let us use a pontoon boat for 3 hours, and that was nice, but the unit needed updating, much like most of the timeshares in Colorado that are older.

Yes, I'd put that one (and the other downtown timeshare - Colonnade) towards the bottom. I do realize that some on here appreciate Colonnade though. We also didn't like Ozark Mountain Resort. Rooms are pretty fair at Grand Regency, but that's all they have - rooms. No amenities on site.

I just looked through the reviews and that ranking of Branson resorts looks pretty fair to me.

I know there have been previous discussion about Branson II resorts on TUG before. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find those.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't quickly find any of the previous Branson II discussions on search. I know we've had some.

Just provide a list of possibilities and we can rank them for you. Some of the resorts trade on both RCI and II.

Big Cedar is super nice but is out of town and tough to get on exchange. Marriott Willow Ridge is exceptional and is located in the heart of Branson. We like Stonebridge (located by SDC) and it's pretty easy to get that on exchange. You mentioned Welk (we've never stayed there). Also, enjoyed Green Mt. Cabins. Those are the above average ones - in my opinion.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What about those cute little Cape Cod houses? Festiva manages some, but some are Summerwinds management. Are those as cute as they look? Would Festiva be better than the Summerwinds at Somerpointe?

My sisters both looked at those and thought the 3 bedrooms would allow families to have privacy from each other, and I can get those with my Marriott Willow Ridge studios.

By the way, we own at WR Branson, two annual and one EOY Gold, all 2 bedrooms. I loved staying there. We are just trying to get several units for our kids/ grandkids, and if we can get 3 bedrooms, it's less units, and that is good for me.

Should be a fun reunion, but I don't want any of the family staying in hotels because Branson is such an easy exchange.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Yes, I'd put that one (and the other downtown timeshare - Colonnade) towards the bottom. I do realize that some on here appreciate Colonnade though. We also didn't like Ozark Mountain Resort. ...

We did like Ozark Mountain but were in a Presidential, that could make a difference. IMO, all Silverleaf lodges are like all other Silverleaf lodges.

Oz mtn is Kimberling City, which was fine for our purposes but maybe not for yours...

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did like Ozark Mountain but were in a Presidential, that could make a difference.

You're right... we did not stay in the Presidential units. One of my other qualms with OMR is the fact that the resort allows pets.

I would also add the other Kimberling City resort to the list to avoid - can't recall the exact name but it has Kimberling City in the resort title.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about those cute little Cape Cod houses? Festiva manages some, but some are Summerwinds management. Are those as cute as they look?

I drove through there a couple of times. We haven't stayed there though. They are nice and I like the aspect of the separated units. The resort is not directly on the lake, but the lake is just down the hill.

I'd stay there if I got the chance.

geekette

Reaction score
You're right... we did not stay in the Presidential units. One of my other qualms with OMR is the fact that the resort allows pets.

I would also add the other Kimberling City resort to the list to avoid - can't recall the exact name but it has Kimberling City in the resort title.

I think it is actually Kimberling City Inn, right on the lake across the bridge?

I don't think Silverleaf allows exchanger pets anymore but owners might be grandfathered in. Our poochie loved the screen porch at Oz and that was one of the best resorts for walkies, also. Very few dog-friendlies now, which is fine, she's welcome at many hotels.