• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it a deal ? A timeshare bargain ?

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a lifetime deal you were waiting for but if you are looking for a replica of the 17th cent. royal palace of Louis XIV with 90,000 square feet of unfinished opulence, - don't look any further. :whoopie:

Take the next flight to Orlando. For details look here:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/money/051110-100-million-dollar-windermere-versailles-for-sale

OK, its unfinished. So what ? Its the pride of ownership that matters.:rolleyes:

Hope to be there first ! :hysterical:

K

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow,

Selling timeshare to folks must have really been a lucrative business while that guy was building such a humongous home.

Last edited:

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
He's the Westgate Resorts guy. I was also reading that he was selling off some other "non-performing assets" so that he could concentrate on the timeshare business.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
After viewing the news clip of the property and Mrs. Siegel, it is apparent that houses are not the only overly large "assets" that the couple have purchased.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dunno, but I'd bet:

It doesn't go for $100million (probably less than 20), and someone will pick it up and make it a bridal reception/wedding palace.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
One wonders if Siegel couldn't convert it to a TS, himself.
Ever been to one of their "presentations" where a portrait of himself hangs prominently on a wall? <shiver>

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ever been to one of their "presentations" where a portrait of himself hangs prominently on a wall? <shiver>

I have seen portraits of "Himself" and "Herself" side by side in the main reception area.
Not sure if the price of the 'palace' includes both,.... I mean both portraits, of course.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
And what a classy guy too:
Woman Talks After Winning $5 Million In Lawsuit Over 'Indecent Proposal'
An Orlando woman who won $5.4 million in a sexual harassment lawsuit against Orlando's 'timeshare king' spoke to Eyewitness News about her victory. Georgette Meyers worked for David Siegel for 14 years at Westgate resorts and claims he once offered her $1 million to have sex with him.

Meyers said she didn't sue Siegel for the money. She said her lawsuit was the only way to stop him from harassing her both inside and outside of work.

"It's sad. It's sad it ever had to get this far," Meyers said of the situation.

Georgette Meyers worked for Siegel for 14 years at Westgate Resorts. She used to consider him a mentor until she claims he offered her $1 million for sex.

"Because of his wealth and power, he doesn't listen to anyone and he feels he can do whatever and is above the law," she said of Siegel.

Meyers said she had to fight off Siegel's romantic advances and groping all too often.

"You should be ale to work and not worry about someone grabbing you and doing inappropriate things," she added.

Meyers claimed she had bills to pay and felt loyal to Siegel which is why she didn't just walk away from the situation at the time of the proposal.

"If I was all about the money I would have taken him up on one of the million dollar offers or any one of the other offers he made to me over the years and I didn't because I'm not in love with him," Meyers stated.

Siegel declined requests for an interview, but did say the judgment was unwarranted.

Even though the jury awarded Meyers a $5.4 million verdict, she believes it is still not over. Siegel plans to appeal the decision.
http://www.wftv.com/news/15363912/detail.html

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have never been to one of their presentations, but vowed never to buy one of his TSs, not even for free, not even if you paid me. I have been in a Westgate resort (as a guest). Not only did I shiver, but also felt that I needed to take a shower every time I passed through that corridor with all those pictures on the wall.

I can't believe the arrogance of people whose mission in life is to take advantage of others.