• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two bed unit listed as a three bed unit

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We were trying to rent an advertised three bedroom unit off the Tug classified and put off other plans to finally find out this is a two bedroom unit. The owner has four of these listed in the Tug marketplace in the for rent -- Mexico-- La Estancia. On the website for the La Estancia there is a 3 bedroom unit that is being advertised. There is also a 2 bed on this website that is significantly smaller.

The owner is calling the living room a bedroom. Im not sure I am allowed to say Walters name as the owner of this unit. Anyway, this sucks as now I may not be able to get two units at the Arco because I was waiting for this guy to send the info.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What did he say when you asked him about it?

In my opinion the Ad is misleading and you have every right to either get your money back, or get a significant discount.

I would send a link to the Ads to TUG Brian, since they are intentionally misleading.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
What did he say when you asked him about it?

In my opinion the Ad is misleading and you have every right to either get your money back, or get a significant discount.

I would send a link to the Ads to TUG Brian, since they are intentionally misleading.

We didnt rent this as it isnt what we wanted. I do feel that it is a misleading add. Its just that it took so long to get the info that we missed our window to reseve the weeks we wanted. The Arco is next door to the Enstacia.

Im not sure where Brian is but the add ids are 57748 and 57746. There were two others.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks - I will forward this thread to TUGBrian.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even corporations do it

II did this to me once. I exchanged into a "3 bedroom" unit per II at Star Island. Lo and behold I scrutinize the confirmation before leaving on the trip, it's a bleeping 2 bedroom lock off(!) not a dedicated 3 bedroom. The studio side of the lockoff had a foldout couch and since the resort put a door on the living room to block it from the entryway, II considered it a bedroom! The only way I found this out was by double checking the confirmation against the wyndham book and the bed sizes and square ft didn't match up. The confusing part is that Star island does actually have dedicated 3 bedrooms per the wyndham book, so I assumed that's what I was getting! Thank god I still had some wyndham points left to add another reservation. I've learned you have to double check everything. Seems like both individuals and corporations "stretch the truth" rather regularly these days. It's disheartening.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have sent the poster of the ads a message per this issue, with the option to correct the ad...or Ill remove them.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
While you're at it...

There is another ad in the Bargain Basement section for Royal Aloha Keauhou-Kona/RAVC, selling for $500. The ad states:

"*In addition to the purchase price, there is a $500 Resort Transfer Fee + $350 Title Fee to be paid by the buyer. Due to many scams that are prevalent in this industry, the use of a Title Company protects both the BUYER and the SELLER from fraudulent transactions and provides a CLEAR title to the timeshare. "

RAVC is a membership club. There ARE no deeds. The only fee they require is the $500 transfer fee to put the other membership in the name of the new person. So the $350 title fee is a lie. What I especially liked about the ad is the verbiage about "Due to many scams that are prevalent in this industry..." And yet this seller is trying to scam their own buyer!

Dave