• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham & DVC thru RCI

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
I am researching buying Wyndham resale via ebay. I was hoping someone here that owns Wyndham club can help me understand the process of using your Wyndham points for an RCI reservation for DVC.

If I purchase 182,000 points for instance and want to book a 2 bedroom DVC in a low season how does that work? If you trade 182,000 Wyndham points into RCI what does that convert to exactly?

I found a Wyndham point chart for full weeks but I don't understand how that all translates to the RCI side of things.

Any information is appreciated.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You search for ALL vacations in Wyndham points by using the LINK (portal) from the Wyndham web site to the RCI web site.

The number of Wyndham points is shown in RCI (instead of TPUs or the RCI Points values). As a resale buyer, you would NOT have access to RCI Points thru the Wyndham portal.

The Wyndham points will be shown as "deposited points - where you bank/deposit points into RCI" and unused points currently available under your Wyndham account. Will separately list Regular and Cancelled points and the use years (2013, 2014, etc).

As a TUG member, go to the Sightings Thread. You will be able to see what has been found on RCI - many are in the Wyndham points values, too.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am researching buying Wyndham resale via ebay. I was hoping someone here that owns Wyndham club can help me understand the process of using your Wyndham points for an RCI reservation for DVC.

If I purchase 182,000 points for instance and want to book a 2 bedroom DVC in a low season how does that work? If you trade 182,000 Wyndham points into RCI what does that convert to exactly?

I found a Wyndham point chart for full weeks but I don't understand how that all translates to the RCI side of things.

Any information is appreciated.

No conversion is needed.

182000 points deposited to RCI is 182000 points

As Linda already said when you access RCI you will see week denominated in Wyndham points

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That sounds great to me!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Nisha30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting a dvc reservation with my wyndham points

So I am a new timeshare owner and i have 138K wyndham points left. If i deposit them into RCI will it be enough to get a 1 bedroom DVC in late july or August 2015? Pretty flexible about which one to stay at but if I had to choose I would like AK or BLT or SS.

allenwyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, summer DVC 1 bedrooms are running 105,000 for 2014. Doesn't really matter what resort. If you have flexibility and a wide range of dates, you should be fine. September dates are running 63,000 and October is running 77,000 for a 1 bedroom at DVC resorts. That can always change by next year, but hey...

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, summer DVC 1 bedrooms are running 105,000 for 2014. Doesn't really matter what resort. If you have flexibility and a wide range of dates, you should be fine. September dates are running 63,000 and October is running 77,000 for a 1 bedroom at DVC resorts. That can always change by next year, but hey...
Is it 63,000 points for a DVC week in September? A week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 1BR during value season is 84,000 points. Am I missing something?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it 63,000 points for a DVC week in September? A week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 1BR during value season is 84,000 points. Am I missing something?

The exchange fee and the $95 Disney fee for exchangers. About $300 in difference of real dollars out of your pocket for DVC stay.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The exchange fee and the $95 Disney fee for exchangers. About $300 in difference of real dollars out of your pocket for DVC stay.

Not necessarily a difference, but an added cost that does need to be tallied in the DVC column. For our May exchange, a DVC 2BR was 126K and I believe Bonnet Creek for the same week is 189K. By points alone, DVC looks less expensive, but with the added fees, the costs would be almost exactly the same for us based on our MFs. And since we're currently points poor, I have no problem paying the $300 out of pocket and saving some Wyndham points.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts

Usually when you get within a few months of check-in Wyndham reduces the points required for Bonnet Creek in low season. I've noticed the one bedrooms are usually within that point range of 63,000 thereabouts, too. Without having to pay the trade fee and inbound $95 DVC fee.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not try to compare what something costs in RCI and what the *same* resort costs via an internal Wyndham directory. They use the same "currency", but they are priced completely separately.

For now, RCI averages across all Orlando area resorts. So, for a given week, and a given unit size (e.g. 1 bedroom vs. studio vs. 2 bedroom) every single Orlando resort costs the same number of Wyndham points in an exchange. So, if you find any other Orlando-area resort with a deposit for the week(s) you are hoping for, you can use those to tell you what your hoped-for DVC exchange will cost.

Note that these values *can* sometimes change, so it is not a perfect prediction, but they don't seem to change very often.