• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giving Away Floating Week @Cranberry

Reaction score
Collingwood ON - giving away floating week.

Fees ~ $780 every 2 years - these can be exchanged through the resort with weeks in an RCI resort

I can't use this any more, will give away to anyone interested - asking you to pay transfer fee only.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm not interested in this but more information would be helpful to someone who may be.

What size is the unit?

What is the float period it is entitled to?

I'm assuming every other year usage so is it odd or even years?

Is this the resort?

http://www.thecranberryresort.com/

It would also help to become a TUG member and advertise this in the TUG classifieds. $15 to join and a bunch of free ads among other membership benefits.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
I'm not interested in this but more information would be helpful to someone who may be.

What size is the unit?

What is the float period it is entitled to?

I'm assuming every other year usage so is it odd or even years?

Is this the resort?

http://www.thecranberryresort.com/

It would also help to become a TUG member and advertise this in the TUG classifieds. $15 to join and a bunch of free ads among other membership benefits.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the helpful questions. Usage is odd years. 'Floating' means anytime, pending availability of course. I thought that was what floating meant. Basically you HAVE to use the item in the two year period ending during the odd numbered year however you are not limited - you can take as many weeks as you want by paying an upcharge.

Yes, that's the place.

I will join as a TUG member in the new year I think.

I'm not sure which size unit you are entitled to. I have rented chalet - several bedrooms - and hotel room sized units depending on availability.

Reaction score
Also - what is the advantage of this forum vs the other TUG forum ?

It seems to me $0 is a bargain basement price !

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the helpful questions. Usage is odd years. 'Floating' means anytime, pending availability of course. I thought that was what floating meant. Basically you HAVE to use the item in the two year period ending during the odd numbered year however you are not limited - you can take as many weeks as you want by paying an upcharge.

Yes, that's the place.

I will join as a TUG member in the new year I think.

I'm not sure which size unit you are entitled to. I have rented chalet - several bedrooms - and hotel room sized units depending on availability.

This should help prospective takers.

Every resort is different when it come to the float period. One I owned had Red, white, and blue periods, red being the best.

The resort I own now has two, prime and prevered. Prime is 1-5, 8-52. Prefered is 38-45, 47-50. Weeks 6 and 7 are fixed. All subject to availabilty when you make the ressie.

As you can see it is very important to know the exact float period before you take on a timeshare.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

One good example I can give you is my introduction to TUG. About 2 years ago I was exploring how to write an ad to get rid of a few timeshares.

I found the TUG marketplace and when looking at ads I found a unit in DuBoise Pa that looked very interesting to me. I contacted the owner and my daughter and her husband took the unit for the cost of closing.

Great, now instead of getting rid of the four I didn't want, we now owned another. Eventually with the help of the great contributors to this site, I've disposed of all four I did not want.

It took a few days before I discovered the forums here. So I know from first hand experience that people who may find the TUG classifieds may not know about the forums.

I feel that the more places you put an ad the better. I've used Craig's List, eBay classifieds, freesource, and individual resort forums.

In addition to the free ads, your membership allows you to view resort reviews and to see the "sightings" in the forums.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

They are completely different areas, with different audiences. Some people never visit the Marketplace, but they visit the discussion forums every day. Best practice is to post in both areas.

Reaction score
They are completely different areas, with different audiences. Some people never visit the Marketplace, but they visit the discussion forums every day. Best practice is to post in both areas.

Thanks ! I will be getting more info on my entitlements/responsibilities and joining in the new year...