• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vida Vacations advice - urgent

Sailrgrl

Reaction score
I am always proud of our Military, but am especially proud of you!!!:banana: I think you did the right thing for this stage of your life. Timeshares will always be available and now you know where to check for info.

FYI - I saw a 2-bedroom Grand Mayan go on eBay for $1 a couple of weeks ago. The person that bought it had to pay $5100 in the transfer fees, but now they get a great unit and the MF for that big unit is about $1250 per year. I saw a Buganvilas Imperial Suite go for $255 today (including closing costs and transfer fees) that can be used it as a 2 bedroom or 2 1-bedroom units that can be used for 2 weeks of vacation with MF of $660 per year for the 2-bedroom unit. Point is - when you are ready, there will be lots of timeshares available for a great price.

Thanks for checking. Have a great career!!!

Thanks Phyllis to you and everyone else.!
I will be on here again once I start my research again.
Cheers!
s

asibayan

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just finding this forum, after my recent trip to PV. I was sucked into the VIDA story, namely because they took said they would take in our 2 timeshares, which lowered the cost of the purchase of a unit at the Grand Mayan. On a a whim after our trip, I googled VIDA and to my shock saw nothing but horrible reviews. Since you were able to get out of the contract, did they tell you how long you had to get out of the contract? I'm having some buyers remorse, but I'm back in the states now about a week since we've purchased. Am I too late?

thx for any help in advance

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm back in the states now about a week since we've purchased. Am I too late?

Probably. Mexico law allows five business days to rescind. I would get on rescinding right away and follow the instructions very carefully. Even if you are too late, it won't hurt to try.

If it is too late the other possible solution is to complain very persistently to customer service. We've had posts on these boards from people in the same position as you. They complained very loudly to customer service and customer service would usually work out a satisfactory resolution. The catch though is that you would have to delete or retract anything negative you might have said about these people on these boards. They might even ask you to post how "great" they have been to work with.

I know. It might cost you a little dignity to do this but it might get you out of this financial bind.

Another option might be to contact Prefeco.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hello,

I'm just finding this forum, after my recent trip to PV. I was sucked into the VIDA story, namely because they took said they would take in our 2 timeshares, which lowered the cost of the purchase of a unit at the Grand Mayan. On a a whim after our trip, I googled VIDA and to my shock saw nothing but horrible reviews. Since you were able to get out of the contract, did they tell you how long you had to get out of the contract? I'm having some buyers remorse, but I'm back in the states now about a week since we've purchased. Am I too late?

Unfortunately buyers remorse is not enough to get out of a contract after the rescission period. If they don't do something that they are contractually obligated to do, then there is cause. If you were coerced into signing under false pretenses (lies) even if you don't have documented proof, you can contact Profecto and start a claim. You need to at least be able to list everything that you were told that you now believe to be untrue.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
even if you don't have documented proof, you can contact Profecto and start a claim. You need to at least be able to list everything that you were told that you now believe to be untrue.

The Mexican consumer protection agency is Profeco and you can click here to get to their webpage for contact info.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

It is possible that you are within the legally required 'cooling off', or rescission period. If it is passed, you might try smearing the good name of VIDA all over the internet. They seem sensitive to that. Often they come to agreement with folks who do this. Here is the email of a (probably fictitious) person at Vida, who has appeared here on TUG to say they would iron out whatever difficulties a buyer has with them. Karen Rose, customerservice@grupomayan.com Bear in mind, that simply overpaying is not sufficient grounds to prompt a late rescission. Possible fraud, lies, unprofessional sales tactics, maybe, but 'I found out that resales are cheaper' won't cut it.

Best wishes.

Jim