• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancun Airport Transportation question

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are flying into Cancun at the end of May 2015 from Nashville, TN and one of our daughters is flying from St. Louis, MO. What is the best way for transportation to and from the airport to The Royal Islander? It looks like our planes will get there and leave at different times and the gaps in times is over 2 hours.

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can use Thomas Moore shared van and the Islander should be the first stop. They will charge it to your room. Vans probably leave every 10 to 15 minutes. Easy to find outside the hotel.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend a reputable transfer service such as USA Transfers, Cancun Valet, or Canada Transfers. I've not yet used CT, but I have used the others, and currently find USA Transfers the best.

TM no longer even gets my consideration.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is Entertainment Plus? We books several things with them a few years ago when the swine flu hit the fan, but cancelled our trip - a mistake. At that time EP was highly recommended by Tuggers.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good post, I may use them next April for Grand Bliss.

Tropical lady

Reaction score
complimentary transportation

Topdog,
Transportation to the resort is provided by Vidanta when you reserve any of the resorts, MP, GM, Grand Bliss, and the Grand Luxxe group. If they do not email you a form to complete within 2 weeks of your flight, email the concierge with names, date, flight times/airline, # of people, # pieces of luggage. They will email a voucher and instructions for you to give to the transportation company.
You pay for the trip back to the airport.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is Entertainment Plus? We books several things with them a few years ago when the swine flu hit the fan, but cancelled our trip - a mistake. At that time EP was highly recommended by Tuggers.

Entertainment Plus is USA Transfers. ;)

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
All three services are more or less equal in terms of getting you from the airport to the resort and back. TM is owned by or otherwise affiliated with the royal resorts so your transport fee will appear on your resort bill. The other two can be prepaid by cc from the states.

E+ (aka USA transfers) and CV rent only private vans, so with 1-2 people you're paying more than booking shared service with TM, and paying by the head.

leticiaelena

Reaction score
I am Leticia Elena, a new member joined in this forum. I want to participate in this topic. Yes, Cancun Airport Transfers service provides very good service. We went from Cancun to Riviera Maya by help of Ambar Transfers, which is a transport company in Cancun.

bdmauk

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pier 7, Fox Hills
Flew to Cancun in May and used Cancun Cheap Transfers. No issues, and as advertised, cheap cost. Same standard van as other companies.
Airport to hotel transportation in Cancun is very simple. Walk out of the airport and there is a whole gaggle of transfer companies waiting on you. If you've made advance reservations, look for your a guy holding a sign with your name on it. If you can't find it, someone will be glad to help you out.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Make sure you speed walk thru the airport... head straight for the door. The TS body snatchers are aggressive!

Sent from Tapatalk

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the airport otherwise? My wife wants to stay at the airport till our daughter gets there, probably 2+ hours each way/

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the airport otherwise? My wife wants to stay at the airport till our daughter gets there, probably 2+ hours each way/

It's fine, modern, air conditioned, clean bathrooms, shops. The ONLY issue is a roughly 30 foot walk through a bunch of people offering to "help" you with your luggage, your transportation, etc. JUST KEEP WALKING and ignore them.