• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Riviera Maya Cancun

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
We bought a 2 bedroom in 2009 and have never used it. We now have a bill for a bit more than $1200. We were aware that this would be coming. We don't have to pay annual MFs, so we don't pay much attention.
the transfer charge is 5 x the annual fee which makes it about $4500.00 so we cannot sell it.

Does anyone know if we can give the thing away? I've put it on Vacatia and on TUG but no takers. They said we could transfer it to a relative, but we don't have one who wants it. Any ideas? It is a Bliss (Vida Vacations).

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you already tried the Bargain Deals section of TUG for a giveaway? (You said you put it on TUG but I wasn't sure if you put it in the For Sale section.) You'll probably have to pay that 5-year fee as well as the transfer fee in order to give it away.

The no m/f unless you use is a nice bennie, but at around $900 m/f makes it a bit steep for exchanging (even with depositing as 2 units with the lock-off). I probably wouldn't bother with trying to rent unless you can get a high-demand week.

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any difference in giving away or selling since a change of ownership/membership is involved.

For the most part you can't sell Mexico TSs anyway as many unhappy campers want to get rid of. Easy exchanges and cheap rentals.

If no annual MF maybe just wait until 25 year RTU expires.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The no pay unless you go usually does NOT transfer to a new owner. Read the contract in the part about the no pay unless you go feature. That is often on a separate sheet of paper. That benefit is nice to have, but if someone else does not get it, they may not be interested in taking it over.

I personally think that $900 is pretty high for a MP/Bliss MF. We traded in some MP contracts for Grand Luxxe and those had 1 MF to transfer to another person and less thn $600 for the same 2-bedroom unit that you are talking about.

Last edited:

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Riviera Maya

the mfs are probably closer to $850.00..we have never paid them..
I checked and the no use no mfs do not transfer to the new owner.
We can cancel our ownership, but we are reluctant to do that..
They use RCI and I am not an RCI member, I have only II now. I have that as a free membership through Starwood...so I would have to join RCI,pay the fee, then pay and exchange fee as well as the MFs.
I could just deposit the one bedroom and pay MFs of about $740, but adding everything else, it doesn't pay.

I asked if we could transfer to a relative (nephew), but they charge the transfer fee unless you are transferring to a "direct" relative like a child, parent, grandparent, etc. We have no children and no living parents or grandparents.
Oh Well, I suppose we could always go there, or as you say, keep it until we die, at which time they will then cancel!