• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

any timeshares worth seeing in Oaxaca?

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
We are expanding our horizons and adding on a week in Oaxaca onto our next Cabo trip. Under RCI I see a few hotel type accomidations and a VC called Casa Cid that looked interesting but has no availability for when we are there so we are staying at a hotel in City center. Anyone know if El Cid has a getaway or fly and buy offer?
Is there a shark tank at the OAX airport?
I'd appreciate any recent information you might have.
Thanks
OB

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oaxaca

I'd be surprised if there was a shark tank there. But strangers things have happened.

How are you getting there from Cabo? Flying in MEX and then flying on into Oaxaca, or bussing through Puebla on to Oaxaca?

There are no El Cid's there, but there are a couple of properties that have the name "Cid" in them.

Oaxaca is colonial town, with lots of artisians. Very interesting city/town, and an absolutely total opposite feel than Cabo has.

If you're looking to expand your horizons, it's a great place to start!

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Thanks Monica, we found good flights from Cabo on Aero Mexico through Mexico city as I was encouraged by a Oaxaca native not to take the bus from Mexico city as there are numerous scams working out of that airport.
The RCI listing is Cid del Leon (Vacation World). Has anyone stayed there? It looks great (very colonial) but my 2 attemps to contact them by email went unanswered.
We are looking forward to seeing some of the real Mexico.