• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land info please

kknight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
We just went through a timeshare presentation at the Grand Waikikian last week, and we are considering buying at Kings Land (resale perhaps). Unfortunately, I've never seen it, so I have a few concerns. If anyone has expereience, I would greatly appreciate your opinion!

1) We chose Waikoloa over Waikiki because we want PEACE. 5 years ago, we spent a very relaxing week at Waikoloa's Fairway Villas. But Kings Land is positioned along a major road, and is close to a major highway. Can you hear traffic noise from the inside of the condos (assuming the road-facing bedroom window is open, and your hearing is fine)?

2) We would buy a 2BR premier, floating platinum week, worth 14,400 pts. If we request a building far from the highway (i.e. prefer the southwest part of the property), what are the odds it will be honored? We would travel at fairly busy times, e.g. week 50 or late June.

3) We've been quoted a price of about $68k from the developer, including 55,000 bonus points. I know this is too expensive. Where should I look for Kings Land resales? (The offerings on TUG are still pretty sparse here.)

4) I know that owners have access to the Hilton Waikoloa resort "water recreation". This is a major selling point for us, but can it be revoked at any time? Or is there some assurance that access will remain for x number of years?

5) Is Kings Land fully built out yet? If not, how many more buildings need to be finished, and when is this likely to occur? (Again, we're worried about noise!)

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide! I just discovered this site a few days ago, and I've logged several hours on it already!

Cheers,
Kerry

Bill4728

Reaction score
Kings Land is closer to the Hwy than the other HGVC there but still a significant distant from the hwy.

Only about 1/2 the bldgs are done (all in the SW part of the complex.)

BUT The biggest thing I can tell you is that if you can life with rooms at the HGVC Waikoloa, you'll find lots of resale there, and may be able to use your pts to reserve at Kings Land. The 9000 pt TS HGVC @ Waikoloa may cost you about $15,000 and there should be lots of resales available. Resale at Kings land (because it is so new) will be lots harder to find and cost more per pt.

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought 9300 points at Kingland a few weeks ago....before I heard of this forum, or private sales, but that's another story. Anyway, the place is exquisitely quiet and far enough from the highway so you don't notice it. They're adding building across the street, closer to the highway but I can't imagine that would be a problem.

I never thought about the Hilton privileges being revoked! We actually found Kingslands pool to be nicer than the Hilton's so most of our pool time was spent right there.

You'll certainly enjoy it there if you're looking for peace and quiet. As of now, it's off by itself.

cayenne92

Reaction score
I own at King's Land and was there in late October 2009.

1) I was there the week Phase 2 officially opened. I stayed in building 4 (I think) and they doors are perpendicular to the highway. Sound is the least of your worries. I would sit out on the patio every night and marvel at just how silent it was. Without wind it was astonishingly quiet. I never heard the highway.

2) I don't know but you would be elite so that would count a little.

4) I am not so sure it will stay now that the super pool is open. But I would bet on the privilege sticking around. It gets you over to where Hilton can make some serious cash off you.

5) I did not spend large amounts of time there during the day but when I was there the noise was minimal. One side of the road is now complete and it looked like there were plans for a phase 3 across the street but I cannot say for sure. Check out the Facebook page for HGVC. It has pictures and more. OR check my blog on my trip to King's Land at http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/cayenne92/22/tpod.html (sorry for the plug).

danoquinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cayenne92, thanks for the post and the great pictures from you web page. Sounds like you had a great time. I am an owner at King's Land as well and will be there in March. Looks like a real nice property. I am looking forward to arriving.