• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

what rescind paperwork is mailed, then what?

whoopdiddy43

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey yall.

As i mentioned on a previous post, my wife and i purchased ts last sunday, we rescinded the paperwork the next morning. We are still on our honeymoon elsewhere and will not be home for another 7 days. Will anything arrive that will need to be signed and returned in X amount of days??

Dripps

TUG Member
Reaction score
I my case, I saw the credit to my credit card immediately! I didn't receive anything from HGVC.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey yall.

As i mentioned on a previous post, my wife and i purchased ts last sunday, we rescinded the paperwork the next morning. We are still on our honeymoon elsewhere and will not be home for another 7 days. Will anything arrive that will need to be signed and returned in X amount of days??

No. Enjoy your honeymoon. You've done all that's necessary. Now just wait for the credit back to your card- if that's how you paid. They don't have to give you a progress report, and it can take up to 45 days to happen.

Congratulations! both on the marriage and the rescission.

Jim

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a phone call from HGVC after they received our letter. They tried to talk me into keeping the TS by adding extra bonus points. Obviously I politely said no thank you :) The credit to our credit card took about three weeks. I disputed the charge so I wouldn't have to pay the charge until HGVC processed the credit. It all worked out fine in the end.

Join TUG. Do your homework and call Seth Nock when you are ready to buy again. Seth has been good to work with and everyone on TUG has been very helpful :)

whoopdiddy43

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Enjoy your honeymoon. You've done all that's necessary. Now just wait for the credit back to your card- if that's how you paid. They don't have to give you a progress report, and it can take up to 45 days to happen.

Congratulations! both on the marriage and the rescission.

Jim

Just got back from our honeymoon! checked the mail and :cheer: a letter from HGVC stating that my rescission has gone been accepted and money has been returned.

Heres our timeline

28 Sept purchase
29 Sept rescind paperwork mailed
02 Oct Money returned
06 Oct HGVC rescind acceptance letter mailed to me

:whoopie:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just got back from our honeymoon! checked the mail and :cheer: a letter from HGVC stating that my rescission has gone been accepted and money has been returned.
Great news!:clap:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That is great news, and faster than i might have expected!!

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was fast! Great news :)

We didn't receive a letter from HGVC confirming our rescinding. Only a credit to our American Express card.

rchan11

Reaction score
I had the same. I read in the contract that Hilton has to provide a physical copy of the rescind completion though. I never saw this at all but I did see the deposit credited back on the credit card.