• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange to Maine Coast

DGTX

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to go to the Maine Coast during the fall and can get a week at Acadia Village for the first week of Oct. 2009. I know that Harbor Ridge is nicer but didn't know if it is that much nicer so that I should take a chance on getting the early Oct. week that I want there or if I should just go ahead and take the Acadia Village week. Obviously, we are going there for the scenery, not to spend time at the resort. Thanks for the advice.

keysfan

Reaction score
We exchanged into the Acadia Village Resort two years ago. The resort actually has 3 different types of units - we stayed in the manor (I think it was called) which was a three story building, it seemed to be the newest and nicest. I did tour the other units which were older and in my view not as nice. Your satisfaction with the exchange will depend upon your expectations and what unit you get. In some of the units the bedrooms were upstairs, in others they were all on the same floor. The resort was convenient to the town and about a 20 minute drive from the park and Bar Harbor. It is not really picturesque at the resort itself, but the staff were very friendly, the pool was nice and it included complementary admission to a nearby tennis club which had an awesome indoor climbing area for kids. We did enjoy our stay there and would return. Hope this helps,

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are forty units at Harbor Ridge.

They can be deposited up to 2 years in advance so long as the maintenance fees are paid. However, for late in the year weeks, fees do not have to be paid until 6 months before the check-in date.

The English translation is that the there is no specific time at which one can expect the desired week to be deposited.

The big sightseeing advantage to Harbor Ridge is that it is about a 5 minute drive from Acadia National Park.

Art

DGTX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I have so much time before 10/09, I think I will do a search with II for the week that I want with Harbor Ridge. Thanks for the help.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Art, do you drive a Ferrari ? ;) The park is in places all over the island, but the park loop road is not that much further from Acadia Village than it is from Harbor Ridge.
I actually prefer the location of Acadia Village close to major stores, but Harbor Ridge is quieter and a better view.
Acadia Village has 37 or 38 units, if you count the 11 or 12 lock-offs as a single unit. If you tell me the unit # or occupancy (ie. 4/4, 6/6, etc.) I can tell you what phase it is and what to expect. They usually give you the unit on the confirmation. In my many trips there, they only switched me once- to a similar unit after someone had physical problems with a non-ground floor unit.

DGTX

TUG Member
Reaction score
After thinking about it, I decided to go ahead and exchange for the Acadia week since it was the exact week I wanted. We have Unit 72A, 2 bedroom, 2 bath. I have been wanting to do this exchange for several years but my usual weeks I exchange won't pull it except in off months. We didn't go to the better of our resorts this year so deposited it. Really excited about getting to be there at this time of the year. Thanks for all the help.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You'll enjoy the area. Be sure to hit the part of Acadia down by Winter Harbor also.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
72A is the Manor House 2nd floor, large half of the 3 br. lock off- Friday check-in. The only problem I've found with the Manor House is noise from the floor above. This is the newest building and is nicely equipped. Wi-fi is available in room for a weekly charge and I believe it is free at the nearby clubhouse.