• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Marquis

S

Steamboat Bill

I will be at the NYC Marriott Marquis Thursday-Sunday.

My wife and I have Mamma Mia tix for Friday night and no kids this trip.

Does anyone have any interesting ideas for things to do (besides shopping!) this weekend in NYC.

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to Tavern on the Green make reservations and request the Cyrstal room. There also some very good museums near Central park.

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you are staying at the Marquis,, Brunch on Sunday..about $50 pp, but you won't need to eat for the whole day..must make reservations...
The View Restaurant & Lounge -
* 1-212-704-8900
* Continental
* Open for dinner
* Enjoy awesome views of New York City and Times Square while enjoying dinner or Sunday brunch. The only revolving roof top restaurant in the city, this restaurant features NY state cuisine.

Weather Looks great for the weekend, take a walking tour, or Circle Line boat ride around Manhattan...
www.circleline42.com/

You are also have a couple of nights with restaurant week: www.nycvisit.com/restaurantweek

1/25 Rock and Roll Dueling Pianos in Times Square
www.sweetcarolinesnyc (if not your cup of tea)

Jazz Clubs...www.ny.com/clubs/jazz/

S

Steamboat Bill

Thanks for the advice...I will look into the View. I am on the conciegre level and hopefully will get a Times Square view.

The music clubs sound cool, but we have them in Florida and would like to try something different. About 10-15 years ago, I went off Broadway to see an unknown act known as The Blue Man group...it was a blast and now look at how popular they are.

Is there anything uniquely New York that is a must do. We are definately looking for a FANTASTIC Dim Sum restaurant in Chinatown and are open to suggestions....I want the real deal, not the Americanized version. Our definition of a good NY Chinese restaurant is some place where the LOCAL Chinese people go and is not a tourist attraction.

I have great tix for the Mamma Mia show friday night and know that is an older show, but we have never seen it and my wife LOVES ABBA, thus I should be a happy man later that evening!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We spent a week before Christmas, on points, and it was awesome. We had 40th floor, Times Sq view. Good luck. Lunch at the Marriott Marquis cafe restaurant on 8th floor, with huge semi-circular floor-to-ceiling glass window, overlooking Times Sq, is fun, and the sandwiches, salads, & soups are good.....charge to room. Watching the street below is really fun, especially as the city begins to light up at dusk. It'll be a nice respite if you've been out walking a good bit. Just chill a while and people-watch.

The Madame Tussaud Museum was fun....not fantastic, but fun....it could be a whole lot better, but we were glad we did it once. Go to Grand Central station and just walk around. It's fun also. Sheesh, shopping is soooo much fun....i can't believe you'd actually want to stop!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60763-Activities-New_York_City_New_York.html.
http://www.theinsider.com/nyc/fun/fun.htm.
http://www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=12.
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2737284-new_york_city_things_to_do-i. jme

Last edited:
S

Steamboat Bill

I am typing this from the 30th floor concierge lounge (free upgrade) and have a great window seat with a Times Square view and free wireless (they want $16 per day in the room). I was able to book three nights for $240 per night.

I love Times Square and it is a very exciting location. My wife will join me tomorrow, so I have a free night to myself to walk around (but it is cold by my Florida standards).

What is a single (yet married) guy to do in NYC for one night?

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am typing this from the 30th floor concierge lounge (free upgrade) and have a great window seat with a Times Square view and free wireless (they want $16 per day in the room). I was able to book three nights for $240 per night.

I love Times Square and it is a very exciting location. My wife will join me tomorrow, so I have a free night to myself to walk around (but it is cold by my Florida standards).

What is a single (yet married) guy to do in NYC for one night?

Go to Little Italy to eat. Go to the top of the Empire State Building. See the Stature of Liberty. See Trinty Church down by Wall St. Walk around and see what famous people were laid to rest. How about a Broadway play or off Broadway one. Walk down 5th ave. Take a tour of the N Y Stock Exchange. Take a buggy ride around Central Park.