• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Bliss Riviera Maya

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to take a trip with my wife in February to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Going back and forth between AI and trading into a resort like this through RCI. I'm seeing the Bliss Riviera Maya (#C118) available for the week we want to go, and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

- if we get a Hotel unit (all that's currently available), will we have the splash pool on our balcony that I see in pictures? or do you need a larger unit?
- Will the new pool be done by mid-February?
- Anybody have any recommendations for trading in through RCI?
- Mayan Palace 1BR or 2BR is also available, but I understand Bliss is an upgrade?
- We can't trade into Grand Mayan because my wife did a girls trip there last month(1 in 3 rule), of course I didn't know i'd be looking to do Bliss or I would have had her look into all of this while there! really this is back as a possibility because she liked it there so much.

thanks!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to take a trip with my wife in February to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Going back and forth between AI and trading into a resort like this through RCI. I'm seeing the Bliss Riviera Maya (#C118) available for the week we want to go, and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

- if we get a Hotel unit (all that's currently available), will we have the splash pool on our balcony that I see in pictures? or do you need a larger unit?
- Mayan Palace 1BR or 2BR is also available, but I understand Bliss is an upgrade?
- We can't trade into Grand Mayan because my wife did a girls trip there last month(1 in 3 rule), of course I didn't know i'd be looking to do Bliss or I would have had her look into all of this while there! really this is back as a possibility because she liked it there so much.

thanks!

My understanding of the 1-3 rule is that it applies to ALL "levels" at that same resort. So if you stayed at the GM Riviera Maya, you cannot stay at the RM complex again (regardless of Grand Bliss, etc.) for 3 more years.

That being said:
I doubt the hotel units have the plunge pool. Grand Mayan studio units don't have plunge pool at RM (at least last time I stayed there).

Although I vaguely remember the Bliss demo units seemed to have softer beds than the Mayan Palace.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Bliss units are BARELY an upgrade from Mayan Palace. Until last year when they finally finished some buildings that have been semi completed since 2005, there were no Bliss units. At the time these were built, they were going to be additional MP units as no one had even dreamed up Bliss then. Bliss is a MP with different furniture and a few "perks" to buyers that MP folks do not get. I do not know what those are. There is a big difference in Bliss and Grand Bliss units. Make sure you know which one you are choosing.

None of the Hotel units have the splash pool in Mayan World - this includes MP, Bliss, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, or Grand Luxxe. Mayan Palace & Bliss units only have a deck large enough to stand on. It is 24-30" wide.

The "new" pool has also been under construction since 2005. It has never opened and is quite a long distance from the beach and main pool.

I do not know what the exchange rules are since I have not exchanged in a while. They change all the time. Sometimes it is 1 in 4 and you cannot go to any of the Mayan resorts and other times it is the same resort or level.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
regarding the 1 in 3 rule, here is what it says: "You can only confirm into The Bliss Riviera Maya Resort (D586 & C118) once in a 3 year period. Maximum 2 units per year total allowed at All Mayan Properties. "

In reading that I think I'd be ok from a standpoint that my wife didn't stay at either of the 2 property codes mentioned.

However, if there is a difference in Grand Bliss, and Bliss, then I've been thinking about this wrong. Would seem to make sense to just take the 1BR, or even 2BR that is available at the MP if I'm not getting a big upgrade in the unit. We're just excluded from being able to trade into the GM again.

saywhat

Reaction score
regarding the 1 in 3 rule, here is what it says: "You can only confirm into The Bliss Riviera Maya Resort (D586 & C118) once in a 3 year period. Maximum 2 units per year total allowed at All Mayan Properties. "

In reading that I think I'd be ok from a standpoint that my wife didn't stay at either of the 2 property codes mentioned.

However, if there is a difference in Grand Bliss, and Bliss, then I've been thinking about this wrong. Would seem to make sense to just take the 1BR, or even 2BR that is available at the MP if I'm not getting a big upgrade in the unit. We're just excluded from being able to trade into the GM again.

There's a huge difference between the The Bliss's. Grand Bliss is much nicer, crappy location though, but the shuttles are decent.

Asl18940

Reaction score
Deleted--advertising is not permitted in discussion forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

huenix

TUG Member
Reaction score

thanks!

There are no splash pools on the bliss, one of the reasons I upgraded. It might sound silly but i LOVE that little pool in the evenings. The delta between the bliss and the MP units is a joke.

I think the "new" pool you are talking about is the one that has me all furious. There is a new pool complex beachfront that we were "lead to believe" was for GM and above. Nope. Grand Bliss and above. But I am still not sure it matters, there were lots of tan bands at the GM pool all week the last time i was there. I could care less.

deleted part of message

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Friendly reminder: I've deleted parts of two posts in this thread that amount to advertising or soliciting direct exchanges or rentals, neither of which is allowed in the discussion forums.

Ads should be placed in the TUG Marketplace or in the last minute rentals wanted and rentals offered forums.

Anyone can click on the blue user name of another poster and send a private message, but please do not ask for or suggest private exchanges or rentals in the discussion forum.

Thanks,
Karen G

saywhat

Reaction score
The Bliss starts right across from the MP lobby, building 10 I think. It's roughly 1/4 mile from the beach.

Last edited: