• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Hacienda Playa

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to exchange on Interval into Royal Hacienda in Playa (riviera maya) and I see that there is a mandatory all inclusive fee of 99S per person. Is this correct?
if so that sucks.. this was one of our favorite places to go. I am not a fan of all inclusive since we do not drink too much and we like to try different places to eat..

I am planning to call interval .. but I wanted to know if anyone has used this, and how it was.. I believe the Sands in Cancun is the TS company.

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Roual Haciendas is now mandatory All Inclusive for non members. I believe the price is $99 per person per day. The Royal Sands in Cancun is also mandatory AI for non members.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way to get out of the AI is to rent a unit from an owner.

Or be a registered owner of any Royal Resorts unit. I have included my adult children on our ownerships so that they can come and rent/exchange from whatever source as they please.

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or be a registered owner of any Royal Resorts unit. I have included my adult children on our ownerships so that they can come and rent/exchange from whatever source as they please.

That's a good idea, did you just add them to the membership? If yes did they charge you to add them?

buceo

Reaction score
That's a good idea, did you just add them to the membership? If yes did they charge you to add them?

I agree, but would keep in mind that as life can go any co-owners can all of a sudden become the sole owners and the MF will be due. As long as they realize this and want to be the owners, great.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I added them when I upgraded my Royal Cancun unit last year. As this resulted in a completely different contract, there was no charge. However, I'm sure that there is an admin fee ($125?) to add someone to an existing contract.