• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] New Construction at Cypress Pointe

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe Diamond Resorts Mgt will pick-up this new concept and installed it at Diamond Resorts.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Construction Progress At Phase 2 Also.

While Cafe Pointe & the gazebo & all the other upgrades are nearing completion at the original Cypress Pointe Resort, they're not exactly standing still over across the street at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas.

It looks like they're just about ready to go with Phase Two's new A.L.I.C.E. Building -- All Laundry Items Cleaned Efficiently.

I think of that a counterpart to the newish R.A.L.P.H. Building at Phase One -- Repairs And Laundry Plus Housekeeping.

It would be nice if the planners & engineers could figure out a way to use recycled laundry rinse water from the R.A.L.P.H. Building & the A.L.I.C.E. Building for landscape irrigation on site. Otherwise, both timeshares may run into problems keeping everything green while complying with new county restrictions on landscape irrigation using non-recycled water.

Would recycling the laundry water that way allow the timeshares to get a break on utility rates for sewer service? If so, that would be an ongoing economy that could help offset installation costs for a wastewater recycling system.

Phase I is already using power-saving compact fluorescent bulbs instead of old fashioned incandescent light bulbs. Nothing wrong with exploring all sorts of other ways to provide good service & luxury surroundings while saving money & helping the environment.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes the power-saving compact fluorescent bulbs are a great idea but follow-up seems to indicate flaws... i.e. they dont last anywhere as long as they are advertised (I can vouch for that one) AND the are big polluters with the mercury (I think that this is the correct one) that they contain... very few people recycle them (and there are even fewer spots to take them for recycling) ... rather people throw them out with the trash which pollutes the landfills and the underground water supply (and realistically, I cant see people storing the burnt out ones until they can easily find somewhere to recycle them).

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most counties or municipalities have recycling centers that take these bulbs as part of their recycling services. People just have to USE them and not be lazy.

Also, when my LARGE PRINT 7 year bulb died last month, I called the Manufacturer to complain. Its Customer Service Tech told me to read the package labeling closely. In fact, it said "up to 7 YEARS", not 7 YEARS. Lower down in fine print it stated that usage was guaranteed for a "minimum of 1.5 years."
The Tech went on to say that they would not refund me any money if the bulb was over 1.5 years old, but they would reimburse me up to $2 in return postage if I would send the bulb back to them so they could perhaps see why the bulb didn't last longer, as part of their QC process.

I declined and off to recycling it went. To be fair, I replaced over 30 incandescent bulbs with CFL bulbs in 2005, and since then, only 2 have died.
(The State of NJ's DOE had a special program in 2005 with T/Eleven Co. which significanly subsidized the cost of most CFL bulbs to a dollar while supplies lasted.)

The big problem with CFL bulbs at CPR was the number of them being taken by guests! (GM Gaston has added them to the maintenance staff's inventory checklist and any CFL bulbs that "walk away" now will be automatically charged to the guest's credit card.)

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
hay stu,,
how about buying the CF bulbs in bulk and make them available for sale to owners, exchangers etc so to prevent walk offs of bulbs.. I know lots of people are not going to try "new" technology unless they are forced sorta,, like when they check in and a day or so later realize they have been using CFL and say to them self..

"self,, they are not so bad and will last longer, give off more light with less watts and help with reducing energy cost.. and the front desk is selling them CHEAP to boot... let get a couple and take back home and not steal, eh borrow the ones here.."

ps: it works better is the "walk off" price is 12 times higher than the front desk price..kinda makes it a better deal to buy after trying..

great job at the resort.. I look forward to returning soon..

just my 1.2 watts putting off the equivalent of 10 watts of regular light.. + -

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Ribbon Cutting Photo.

Here are GM Gaston's photos from Opening Day at the long awaited opening of the new Cafe Pointe.
I would like to see a photograph showing Resort General Manager Gaston Correa & HOA-BOD Prez. John Chase toasting each other with steaming mugs of java as they sip the ceremonial 1st cups of coffee brewed at Cafe Pointe.

Wouldn't that be something ?

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Resort!!

Just got home after a 3 night stay at CPR and we are impressed. It was our first visit to Cypress Point, booked with Diamond points as a follow up to our week on a Disney cruise. We arrived well before noon and were amazed when the desk staff gave us a warm welcome & handed us the keys to our 3 bedroom unit. Try getting an early check-in like that at the fancy smancy big name brand resorts! Hah! Fat chance.

We strolled the entire complex, phase I and II, and were very impressed. The location is perfect and the units and grounds are really nice. The kitchen was well equiped, the beds comfy, the linens in great condition and everything in good working order. The one exception (the fan on the patio) was fixed almost immediately. The new cafe is a nice addition. The little store at the GrandVillas is amazingly well stocked. We saw a display board in the check-in lobby showing the new decor fabrics with a palm tree motif and tropical yet subtle colors, very pleasing. Kudos to the board and the great staff for such a nice resort. I do have to admit that the open bathroom plan is a bit odd and might be off-putting to some but we are pretty laid back old hippy types from California so we didn't have a problem with it.:D We missed having barbeques but I read here that they will be added soon.:banana:

You can bet a whole ballot box full of hanging chads that we'll happily stay here again the next time we find ourselves in Florida. Cypress Point rates a gold crown/golden pineapple thingy on our scale! Sure wish I could say the same for the confusing maze of signs at the airport! I think we used 5 gallons of gas trying to find our way to the car return place in the dark wee hours of the morning!

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pro photo album of Model unit and rec area

From Prez John Chase:

"We have just posted the full selection of 228 professional photos
taken of the second 2010 Unit model, the Recreation and Picnic area,
the Cafe and a few random shots around the resort.

These will really give you a feel for the beauty of the new look as
well as some of the details the photographer obviously appreciated.
Take a gander here:

http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/110508/Photo Web Gallery/index.htm

To start the slide show click on the first photo then use the
arrows on screen to see it all. "

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:wave:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
One word "Outstanding !!!!!" This looks like a brand new resort. Outstanding, Outstanding !!!!! Gold Crown Resort~~!!!!! Five Star Resort ~~!!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gaston is an outstanding resort manager. How many other Diamond Resorts managers have taken the time to post any pictures to their HOA Board President or HOA members?

Also, thank you Stu for posting all the changes to your resort inthe past years.

Guess what your resort completes their projects in a timely manner.

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick Update

The last piece of the new Recreation Area work will be the addition in its picnic area of new gas BBQ grills, replacing the old charcoal grills that were behind each residence building. (No more having to buy and lug charcoal!)The Picnic area has separate color-matched picnic tables/benches, and the idea is there will be color-coordinated BBQ grills to match each table, so there is no doubt which grill is for which table.

I visited the newly opened Cafe Pointe this past weekend, and it's great. Besides the Joffrey's Brand Coffee selections, there are huge, delicious Danish, Jimmy Dean microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, deli sandwiches, frozen drinks (samples of which were handed out during check-in this past weekend) and much more.

Upcoming construction now being planned is: Renovating the game room with more and newer games including games that offer coupons for prize redemption; expanded Gift Pointe shop which will include more gifts, another internet station, and perhaps the prize redemption center for the game room; and the renovatioin of the pool-side bathroom building. More details on this as decisions and plans are finalized

Also, on 12/7/2008, a brief, but significant, announcement from the Prez John Chase:

"We are pleased to announce that Cypress Pointe Resort has once again achieved RCI Silver Crown ranking for 2009. We strive to be the best and hope all our RCI guests find a level "5" experience on every visit."

Stay tuned for more!

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:hi:

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parking lot next

Not as sexy as our recent completed projects, but still needed...

A reprint of the recent paving announcement follows.

"12/20/08 Special Announcement to all Owners and Guests

From January 4 - 12 (weather permitting) the parking areas will be undergoing a repaving. Please pay attention to temporary parking restrictions and areas closed for the repaving process.

Minimal disruption is anticipated although parking nearest your building may be temporary prohibited during the work. We thank you for your cooperation."

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:hi:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Jazzing Up The Repaving Project.

The new parking lot paving project can be spiced up a little by using fluorescent hi-visibility orange & chartreuse striping paints instead of those boring yellow & white parking space stripes.

It's a Disney area timeshare resort. Come on, let's live a little.

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
New CPR related thread at Buying, Selling & Exchanging

For those that are interested in anything CPR (thers's a few out there!) there is a new CPR-related thread at TUG's Buying, Selling & Exchanging BBS regarding recent deeded-back weeks now Association-owned diamond-season units being offered for sale at bargain prices for current paid up owners and TUG members. If interested, feel free to check out the notice out at:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88117

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:cool:

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paving of all driveways and parking spaces underway

From CPR Ass'n Prez John Chase:

"The repaving that carried over from 2008 is underway during the
traditional January lull. This is the first repaving of the parking
areas and driveways since the resort was built in 1993.

See the early work underway yesterday:

http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/010609/Pave010609.htm

NOTE: Guests and employees are temporarily prohibited from parking in
the work area. The restricted area will move around as work progresses."

The project, the first complete repaving since the resort opened 15 years ago, is expected to take abut 7-10 days to complete, weather permitting. (It should only be a minor inconvenience to those who checked in last weekend or those who are checking in this coming weekend.)

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The "Wow!" Factor Is Back At Cypress Pointe.

The new parking lot paving & striping came out great.

The new gazebo & picnic area & shuffleboard court & basketball court are outstanding.

The tennis court looks professional.

Cafe Pointe is just as nice as StarBux -- maybe nicer.

The lobby & check-in area look just like The Ritz.

The display model unit is simply dazzling -- both sides of the lock-off are rich, plush, sumptuous, comfortable, practical, beautiful.

No doubt refinements & economies will take place before final plans are good to go for refurbishment & renovation of all the units in all the buildings.

Even so, the Wow! factor is back, bigtime.

The whole place looks beautiful.

Hats off to the HOA-BOD.

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
And now yet another new CPR improvement project!

Reprinted from CPR Association Prez John Chase:

"One of the major improvements to make the 2nd bedroom more usable and
traditional in appearance is a change from the blank door now installed for
emergency exit purposes to a fire code approved window. For the first time
the rooms will have outside light and a much more home like feel with a regular window.

The first trial installation of that improvement is now underway in the second
model. Gaston has provided a few pictures of the early progress:

http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/012209/012209.htm

As the plans for the 2010/11 full unit renovation get firmed up more
of this type of preliminary work will be scheduled. Everything we can
accomplish outside of the major unit closure for the main renovation
improve the chances of of staying on schedule. It is a great concern
that unlike the 2004/5 work we no longer have the unwanted "luxury" of
unpaid weeks to simply take off line for renovation/repair work. Now
more than ever in resort history every week has a paid up owner. We
have to work around the limited available maintenance weeks built into
the system. For that, and cost reasons, we may also choose to do the
floor tile, built in cabinets, counter tops and other building
improvements separately from the "soft" work (furnishings, drapes,
carpet, etc).

Again the exact plans are not final yet and we will strive to keep
owners posted as things progress."

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:wave:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Improving That "A" Unit Small Bedroom.

For sure, an attractive & code-compliant window will beautify the 2nd bedroom in the Phase One "A" units -- a major improvement over the original design.

Plus, the full size (double) bed in the prototype display unit small bedroom is another significant upgrade -- a whole new look for what formerly was pretty much just a kiddie bedroom.

The resort manager pointed out that a queen bed would extend only 3 inches wider on each side than the width of the full bed -- & clearly there's enough space in that room to accommodate the extra 3 inches per side.

The Chief Of Staff said that either way -- i.e., queen bed or full bed -- it would be helpful to add a small wall-mounted mini-shelf on at least 1 side of the full/queen bed, with just enough convenient surface for a pair of eyeglasses & the TV remote control.

In view of all the recent resort improvements, including energy-saving twisty light bulbs in place of those old energy-wasting incandescent bulbs, I'm wondering now whether the resort manager would be interested in phasing out the old Mr. Coffees in the units & replacing those as they wear out with energy-saving drip coffee makers.

Click here for a recent TUG-BBS entry on the subject of energy-saving timeshare coffee makers.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
i'm sure this isn't the best place for this question, but you guys seem to be clear experts on this resort. we have the opportunity to trade into a 3BR unit at CYO for our planned trip in Dec 09. My question is this: is/are the pool(s) heated? Just wondering if we can get some swimming in if it ends up being in the 60's or low 70's like it was in Florida this week. Any chance there is an indoor pool at the resort? We will have a 3year old and I'm just curious as to what activities might be available to her on days we don't do the parks. Sounds like this resort has a lot of great things going for it, I really hope this works out for us. TIA!

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
CYO and CYN in II's Resort Directory both represent Cypress Pointe Resort and the suites assigned under either code are identical. The difference between the codes is the entity through which they were deposited to II.

There are NO indoor pools at Cypress Pointe Resort (CPR) and CP GrandeVillas (CPGV). All 3 full-size pools are heated though, and there are outdoor hot whirlpools (not for a 3-yr-old though). There are wading pools but I don't recall if they are heated or not. Of the 3 pools, the Volcano pool on-site at CP, while heated, can have chillier spots in the areas nearer the Volcano when the water is "erupting," as the fountain spray tends to make the water cooler due to the evaporative aeration effect. The 2 smaller pools at CPGV do not have this effect. (If it gets too cold outside, you can always take your child in the Master bedroom's bath's Jacuzzi-brand tub and adjust the temperature yourself!)

For complete details of what is offered at both CPR and CPGV, check out this comparison webpage: http://cypresspointe.net/phase.html . Be sure to scroll all the way down as it is a long page with 2 tables. Although separate resorts, there is a reciprocal use agreement for the guests to use the outside recreational facilities at each resort, and they share the Clubhouse for health room, business/internet kiosks, game room, DVD and VHS movie rental kiosks, guest services (Diamond Resorts), Gift Pointe Shop, Cafe Pointe, our resort mascot Charlie and check-in/check-out. Full amenities are listed at: http://cypresspointe.net/amenities.html .

Plenty to see, do and eat nearby, see http://cypresspointe.net/attractions.html . Sample weekly activites list at http://cypresspointe.net/activities.html .

Hope this helps; I know you WILL enjoy your stay should you vacation here.

Maybe we'll see you there, as my wife and I are scheduled to be there Xmas week 2009!

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
New heater - new results at CPR

i'm sure this isn't the best place for this question, but you guys seem to be clear experts on this resort. we have the opportunity to trade into a 3BR unit at CYO for our planned trip in Dec 09. My question is this: is/are the pool(s) heated? Just wondering if we can get some swimming in if it ends up being in the 60's or low 70's like it was in Florida this week. Any chance there is an indoor pool at the resort? We will have a 3year old and I'm just curious as to what activities might be available to her on days we don't do the parks. Sounds like this resort has a lot of great things going for it, I really hope this works out for us. TIA!

Great time to ask this question. As Stu mentions in his reply for many years (15 to be exact) one of the negatives on on RCI scores tended to be "pool too cold" in reference to the landmark Volcano pool in Phase 1. In 2008 the original pool heater gave up the ghost and the Board/Gaston asked for a higher BTU model to replace it. As it turns out the new, much higher BTU model was also slightly smaller than the original (Gaston was afraid it would be larger requiring modification of the mounting area). The unexpected bonus is that now the Volcano pool is THE warmest of the three on site pools (the Turtle pool in Phase 2 held that distinction in the past) despite the "cooling tower" effect of the Volcano eruptions. In fact it was like bath water the past two weeks while Orlando had lows in the 30's or less. The final bonus is that our fuel bill has held steady - we aren't paying less but we aren't paying more to have a significantly warmer pool. In fact now that I look we haven't had a single "pool too cold" complaint since the new heater was installed in march 2008.

So plan on enjoying a nice, warm swim even if the air temperature is slightly on the cool side.