• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wow! Cabo Azul delayed again

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Re-Opening Delayed to September 1, 2015
As many of you know, Cabo Azul Resort sustained significant damage during Hurricane Odile that affected the area of Baja California Sur in September 2014. Unfortunately the extent of the repair work, particularly with regard to procuring replacement furniture and furnishings, has exceeded the initial evaluations and timeline. Therefore, the resort will not be re-opening in July as previously anticipated. The proposed re-opening date for occupancy is now September 1, 2015.

Reservations are available from this date onward as usual. All guests with bookings prior to this date have been contacted, but if you need any assistance regarding this situation, please e-mail us at Rental.Reservations@diamondresorts.com and provide your contact details and reservation number and one of our team members will contact you.

We do apologize for any inconvenience, but are very happy to say that once Cabo Azul Resort reopens we are confident that you will find the resort to be better than ever. We are proud to say that this resort will continue to be a premium Diamond Resort destination.

Humanitarian Update
The Board of Directors for the Diamond Resorts International Foundation (DRIF) established an employee assistance program to aid those affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Odile. The Diamond Resorts International Foundation (DRIF) is an approved 501c3 organization and was formed for charitable purposes to provide health, human services, and poverty relief for the public benefit around the world.

As a result of our generous donors, we are able to report that we have provided over $100,000 in disaster relief to our Cabo Azul Resort team members as well as others in the local community. These funds will help them begin rebuilding their lives after the devastation of the hurricane. We want to thank everyone who helped support this very worthy cause.

Although we have been able to supply immediate aid, we will be looking for additional opportunities to help. Should you be interested in making a tax-deductible donation, you may write a check to the Diamond Resorts International Foundation, and send it to the Director of Foundation and Community Outreach as noted below.

Attention: Keri Serrano, Director of Foundation and Community Outreach
Diamond Resorts International®
10600 W. Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135-1014

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I lost an II getaway due to the delayed opening. I hadn't bought insurance. II just said I was out of luck. Quite a position to take IMHO. They sold the getaway while the resort was closed-but had announced a reopening Feb 1. My week was late April. (I didn't know they were actually closed.)

I little back and forth with II and they canceled the getaway. Rebooked me via an exchange to Hacienda Encantada-same week. (II created a week for me to use, so it didnt cost anything.) Which was good, as we had air booked etc.

My frustration was that II said I should have bought insurance. I asked:

"Where does that getaway $$ go if the hotel isn't opened to honor my reservation? Do they keep it? Do you? I am ready and able to travel. Insurance is for my ability to get there-not for the hotel's ability to provide the service."

They had no response-except to book the new week. However, the HEC getaway would have been less per prevailing rates. I was not able to recover that.

Reaction score
II treated me the same way last Oct. I was able to file a claim with my CC. My CC offers travelers insurance (chase sapphire card). I received a refund.

II does not care once you completed the transaction. If you did not purchase their insurance, they really do not care to help you.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
II treated me the same way last Oct. I was able to file a claim with my CC. My CC offers travelers insurance (chase sapphire card). I received a refund.

II does not care once you completed the transaction. If you did not purchase their insurance, they really do not care to help you.

I hadn't considered that. I will check with my CC!