• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe timeshare presentation --good deal?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, first I did NOT buy anything. I knew full well that the presentation was going to be "interesting". Unfortunately I forgot to print out Phyllis' post, but I was just wondering if the "final" offer was "good" or not.

They initially offered $119,000 for a 2 bedroom Grand Luxxe Punta, 4 weeks. I believe 2 weeks were residence weeks and 2 were "bonus"/Vida weeks, but I could be remembering wrong.

No way I was going to pay that, so I said the MINIMUM I would take was a 1 bedroom Grand Bliss.

They wanted the 10-year renewable for 100 years, but then it seemed to get interesting that the "Vida" weeks LOOKED like they were really the same as my SFX bonus weeks.

They finally offered to pay me $2,000 for our vacation and we would pay just the 16% tax for a suite ($4995). I still declined. Mainly because at that point I wanted to get out of there and it was nearing noon and we'd already fulfilled our bargain.

However, I'm guessing they were offering a Mayan Palace?

IF one wanted to be guaranteed at least a 1 bedroom Grand Bliss 2 weeks/year, what would've been a decent package?

But the whole residence weeks vs. lifestyle weeks vs. Vida weeks was very confusing. Although I think they do it on purpose.

To be honest, we'd probably only stay every other year at RM or PV. Given that I'm wondering if I'm just better off keeping my HGVC and getting SFX to get me into the Vida locations???

Thoughts/ideas? I figure the "deal" would always be around (like a car salesman that tells you "today only" you'll save X dollars).

I will say that the actual sales rep was fine. It was the final guys that were a bit rude (almost offended and taking it personally that we didn't buy). But again, I knew what we were getting into but we got $2,000 pesos and 10% off 5 rooms (we had like 19 people) so that helped defray the costs and we did get a free breakfast. We really only lost about 1.5 hours of our time (we didn't have anything planned and wouldn't have breakfast anyway until around 9:00 a.m. etc).

But I'm thankful for the TUG so I knew what to look/listen for (ie, what they say and what's in the contract...)

I will say I did like the video about the upcoming Cirque du Soleil theme park. We'll see if it gets built in 4 years.

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
You "missed" one important item.... after 10 years of paying fees for ONE WEEK you "lose" that week unless you upgrade your package.... what BS. He never would identify the MINIMUM costs associated with that required so-called "upgrade". Also, they were down to 2 weeks for $4,000 down and a $61,000 finance package(never identified the Interest Rate) PLUS $256.00/year and $256.00/year for the Concierge Service.... but He would never answered my question.... "How many Clients" were serviced by "ONE" Concierge??? The $61,000 included a BuyOut of $39,000 for my 2 current Timeshares. He also said that Mayan/Vida Group will no longer be using RCI starting April-2015. When I questioned the "logic" behind this RCI cancellation...... because Mayan would "lose" their "future networking" Buyers.... He got all FLUSTERED. He then got RUDE.... when I pushed Him away from the "Lifelong Ownership Benefits" of 100 years .... AFTER 3 HOURS(not including Buffet Time)! ! I gave Him another 15 minutes of time to wrap this up and then claimed the Financial Hardship Excuse.... works very FAST.... Worst Hard Sell Presentation I've ever received.... I'm bringing a Timer and Recorder next time..... WOWEEE ! ! !

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL! Sounds like I'm better off just exchanging in every other year or so. We left on 1/16/15, so I'm freezing my buns off now in upstate NY.

What's weird is that I wanted to rent from an owner for the particular week, they said no availability, but I was able to get 3 exchanges via SFX. I guess that should tell me how much Vida values their members that pay (although Hilton probably does the same at times, I don't know).

--Kevin

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
LOL! Sounds like I'm better off just exchanging in every other year or so. We left on 1/16/15, so I'm freezing my buns off now in upstate NY.

What's weird is that I wanted to rent from an owner for the particular week, they said no availability, but I was able to get 3 exchanges via SFX. I guess that should tell me how much Vida values their members that pay (although Hilton probably does the same at times, I don't know).

--Kevin

You made the right decision. :)

Asl18940

Reaction score
Just understand when you trade in you get the least desirable units. I did it over last Spring Break. I'm an owner at the GL, but also through HGVC. I traded a week of HGVC through SFX and got into the Grand Bliss (which I personally prefer to the GL if you have older teens). I don't care about the view, so it didn't matter at all. You have to pay for internet, but it wasn't a big deal. But be advised that SFX and RCI have some limitations on how frequently you can book it (1 in 5 as I recall). Another route is through Elite HGVC owners. We have access to the Grand Mayan as a standard booking. Again, you get a bad view, but it's much, much less expensive than the standard maintenance fee.