• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Timeshare exit team [merged]

dennisokey

Reaction score
First, this is not a endorsement. Anyone ever heard of timeshare exit team? They are a legal firm that basically takes the timeshare company to court to dissolve the timeshare contract. I am hearing they have a high success rate. I am sure it is several thousand (or more).

Just wondered if anyone had used them or a similar company?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon me, but I think this is ridiculous. Short of proving a contract was executed fraudulently, how, and in what court is some entity going to 'dissolve' a legitimate contract, voluntarily signed by a buyer?

If one wants to dispose of a timeshare, give it away in the Bargain Deals. Why spend thousands and expose one's self to legal fees with no assured path to success?

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
regularly do we see "legal firms" who make amazing claims on being able to cancel contracts.

right before they ask for a significant upfront fee.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wow - with maintenance fees right around the corner, the bogus offers are really ramping it up!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
'Tis the season...

Wow - with maintenance fees right around the corner, the bogus offers are really ramping it up!

Exactly so. I'm quite sure that there will be (and continue to be for the next few months) a spike and ever-increasing number of inquiries and / or enthusiastic shill endorsements on TUG (and elsewhere, of course) for all manner of alleged magical 'Rescue, Relief, Escape, Solution, Exit and / or so-called Legal Team' entities. :rolleyes:

Like many other parasites found throughout Nature, they seek out their "hosts" when the hosts are accessible and vulnerable; the imminent arrival of maintenance fee bills certainly fits those criteria for timeshare owners unhappy with (or just no longer interested in keeping and paying for) their timeshare ownership(s).

We can only hope that those inclined to get sucked in to these various and sundry schemes will do two things for themselves first --- THINK and RESEARCH.

Last edited:

DawnEllt

Reaction score
Passepartout, What's Bargain Deals? I have a timeshare (Vacation Village at Bonaventure, Weston FL) that I paid off years ago and I'm just trying to basically give it away!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Bill4728

Reaction score
"Timeshare Exit Team" is a Northwest based company which is currently advertizing heavily in the Seattle area.

No idea what their practice is like. They may only take on people with TS they know they will have little trouble selling (Like Marriott, Westin, Hilton or Worldmark) and tell anyone else "sorry I don't think we can help you".

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Exit Team?

Does anyone have more information on timeshareexitteam.com ?

They started advertising on a very respectable radio station here in Portland.. I was rather surprised by this.. Is the radio station a couple quarts short on oil on this one?

timeshareexitteam/

They do appear to have some legal background and they list their techniques here:

timeshareexitteam

They are also showing a local office in our hometown, look on the bottom left of the web page above - they list the local offices.

I'm not interested in using them.. But I am impressed with their organization- this appears to be one of the best organized timeshare exit companies I've seen. Also I am not advocating the efficacy of their company in any way, it may be a very well organized boondoggle in which case - shame on the sponsors!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have broken the links in the post above - we don't want to advertise for a company like this...

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have broken the links in the post above - we don't want to advertise for a company like this...

Can you share details on what you mean "for a company like this"

What have they done wrong? Are there any facts?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Exit Companies" are notoriously unreliable. Posting links on TUG for companies like this may lead newbies to believe that they are endorsed by TUG.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on this claim on their website, they are probably running a Viking Ship scheme, because there is no way they can guarantee any other method:

We offer a 100% GUARANTEE that we will get you out of your timeshare, legally, forever.

The deed is TRANSFERRED from your name, permanently.

Your are NO LONGER liable for taxes and maintenance fees, forever.

You will NEVER have any legal obligation to your timeshare again.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have similar thoughts about a Viking ship scheme but it is all speculation on my part.

More specifically it's the aspect a Viking Ship that involves handing off to an LLC. I have mixed opinions on this. Seems like it could work, however there is a very real legal precedent that when you use articles of incorporation in bad faith the corporate shield is pierced. Of course there are those who have religion and say you also punish all the other HOA members when you do this too. But I could see how a legal group would absolutely challenge a Time Share company on this. It's not clear to me the Time Share company would be successful in piercing the shield. I believe this concept is fundamental to their "guarantee" - so Denise please share some legal precedents if you're convinced it doesn't hold water, that would be very valuable.

Tug Brian where I think I respectfully disagree with you is the concept that there is no legal help available.. That is, I believe lawyers can help and there are ways out. I am not sure if this firm is one that can help. Thus it would be good to get some history if anyone has tried them and what the results were.

Also - what Bill4728 said makes sense too. It is conceivable they gravy pick - they say a Platinum Marriott HHI Oceanfront week is worthless and they will take it off your hands.. However this too is speculation.

Would be good to see some real history with this company and I wouldn't rush to judgment using a wide brush.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seems like it could work, however there is a very real legal precedent that when you use articles of incorporation in bad faith the corporate shield is pierced. Of course there are those who have religion and say you also punish all the other HOA members when you do this too.

Let's cut to the chase: In the next month, this company is going to target owners at your favorite timeshare, and a large number of owners are going to dump their deed into a Viking Ship. That means that next year, your maintenance fee is going to go up 20% - are you really OK with that?

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's cut to the chase: In the next month, this company is going to target owners at your favorite timeshare, and a large number of owners are going to dump their deed into a Viking Ship. That means that next year, your maintenance fee is going to go up 20% - are you really OK with that?

Kudos! Yeah that's cutting to the chase.. No - I don't like that either.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lawyers are attorneys --- NOT magicians...

<snip>...where I think I respectfully disagree with you is the concept that there is no legal help available.. That is, I believe lawyers can help and there are ways out.

I realize and appreciate that "hope springs eternal". I also readily acknowledge that you are entitled to believe whatever you choose to believe.

However, I respectfully submit that your statement above, while admirably optimistic and flattering of the legal profession, is just wishful thinking.
The indisputable fact is that a valid contract is legally binding and timeshare ownership is indeed just such a contract. No attorney on Planet Earth can somehow magically alter that fact with pixie dust, grandiose proclamations, erudition, argument, advertising, incantations --- or any legal filing(s) of any kind, anywhere. Period, amen.

When you state that "there are ways out", you are correct. When you state that "lawyers can help" however --- well, not so much. Legitimate "ways out" include sale, gift and transfer to (real) persons, resort acceptance of a deed in lieu of foreclosure (a.k.a. "deedback", but only if voluntarily accepted by a resort). As a last resort (...sorry, no pun was intended there), although I neither recommend nor endorse this last avenue, one can even pay a (non-Viking Ship) outfit to place the ownership into their legitimate name for subsequent legitimate sale or other distribution to a real person (e.g., Donate for a Cause, for which I personally have no use or regard, but YMMV).

In short, if the Timeshare Exit Team (...ahem) "legal firm" is anything but a (...hefty upfront fee required) LLC Viking Ship operation, I hereby volunteer to eat my New England Patriots ball cap on YouTube. I'll keep the salt and pepper handy, but I certainly don't anticipate ever having to actually use it as a result of losing this bet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zilentbob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was checking them out recently and they look like the best option (if you can't find a buyer) I've seen so far !
http://www.timeshareexitteam.com/faqs/

No up-front fees and they seem to be backed by a valid law firm http://www.reedhein.com/

As far as transferring to a "Viking Ship" LLC I doubt this is the case.
When releasing yourself from the deed, the HOA has to accept this first so that protects them from bad deals, right ?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As far as transferring to a "Viking Ship" LLC I doubt this is the case.
When releasing yourself from the deed, the HOA has to accept this first so that protects them from bad deals, right ?

That is incorrect… the new deed is recorded at the county recording office first, and then it is sent to the HOA.

How do you explain their 100% guarantee? Where do the the dog timeshares go?

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is incorrect… the new deed is recorded at the county recording office first, and then it is sent to the HOA.

To the dog pound to be euthanized, whoops ultimately they come back to the HOA who adds the cost of foreclosing and the portion of maintenance fees not paid and future MF's to the remaining owner's bills

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope apparently springs eternal on this matter --- for some, anyhow...

Fwiw, the underlying outfit affiliated with this NW based "Timeshare Exit Team" (I decline to repeat the underlying outfit's name, since I'm not interested in providing them with any more free advertising than they've already received here) describes itself on its' web site not as a law firm but as a as a "Consumer Protection Firm".

Others above have already provided hyperlinks; if you check out the sites you may notice that nowhere do the words "law" or "attorney" appear anywhere.
The word "associates" does not necessarily translate directly to "attorneys". In fact, fwiw, the young President / CEO (Brandon Reed), whose photo appears in one site (smiling and wearing a ball cap) is also President / CEO of another company whose product is one which reportedly helps to keep leaves out of rain gutters. :ponder:

In short summary, this "Timeshare Exit Team" may or may not be a "law firm" at all and may or may not even actually have (or use) attorneys. The web sites seem deafening in their silence on that very specific point; I am not going to offer any unsubstantiated opinion or personal interpretation. Nonetheless I submit that, lawyers or not, they are not magicians with supernatural powers, magic beans or pixie dust. Also, the name of escape artist "Houdini" does not appear anywhere in the web sites.

If anyone reading this thread decides to actually take this particular "Timeshare Exit Team" plunge (we seem to have some folks here who want to "believe"), please get back to us later and let us know just how things turned out for you. Meanwhile, my view remains firmly intact that a timeshare ownership is a binding legal contract --- and I've yet to see proof of existence of any entity which can somehow (lawfully) make a valid contract just somehow magically disappear (...Poof!) into thin air. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

My understanding of their 100% guarantee is not that they claim to be successful 100% of the time but if they are unsuccessful, they will refund any fees you have paid and you will not owe any addition fees to them based on their unsuccessful transfer.